+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
solomonwise said:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kafil

Ratings: +20
[Good] [Poor]

Re: Interview Call from LVO in Abu Dhabi.........

« Reply #1893 on: March 23, 2015, 09:01:23 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Since this forum has become completely stagnant and i thought with some of the 2015 applicants lined up for their interviews throughout this week, may be it would be a good idea for me to share my own interview experience:

My interview was held at CHC Abu Dhabi on 22nd March 2015. I reached the embassy building well in advance so i just roamed through Abu Dhabi Mall (CHC is located on 9th and 10th Floor of West Tower of Abu Dhabi Mall). That helped me a lot in easing my nerves before the big occasion. After going through customary security checks, i started waiting for my name to be called. Finally, the slide of a window in front of me was raised by a young man who announced my name and told to me proceed to interview room. Then and there, i realized now is the time to make the impact. I entered the room and settled down. The visa officer arrived after a while and greeted me and asked me how i was doing and how was my trip to Abu Dhabi.

The Visa officer introduced himself and told me that he is responsible for the processing of my application and that he has the authority to determine my eligibility to be awarded PR to Canada. To begin with, he asked for my passport and inquired about my previous travel history. Then he asked about my work experience documents, i passed it on to him, he looked at it and asked me quite a few question related to my job like what i do in this role, how i found this job, why did i switch over to this job from my previous employer etc. Then he also asked about my family members and inquired about my parents and if they will reunite with me in Canada in the future. Afterwards, he asked for me to show him updated Proof of Funds as well as PCC which i did. He also looked at some of my Education Certificates. In the end, he took all my forms i.e. Schedule A, Supplementary Travel Information and Additional Family Information and said that these will be enclosed in my Case file.

Bear in mind that the Visa officer continued to type something on the system every time he looked at my documents. Finally, the moment arrived when he said "i am satisfied with your eligibility and accepting your application for further processing". He informed me about MR being the next step. He also provided me with valuable advice regarding my settlement issues in Canada and gave me fruitful tips to integrate into the Canadian Society.

So as per my experience, following are the points to be considered to have a successful interview:

1- Be prepared for every single word of your immigration file and expect to be asked about anything from anywhere in your application.
2- You must remember that you are the one who provided all the information in your case file and therefore, its you who should have complete command.
3- Remain calm and composed, keep a smile and always look into the eyes of the Visa officer, remember confidence speaks for itself.
4- Make sure you understand the VO's question, if you are in doubt, you are well within your rights for the question to be repeated.
5- Speak at a medium pace and as clearly as possible.
6- I did not wear any Jacket or Coat so i would recommend you to do the same because remember, physically relaxed body will eventually lead to a peaceful mind (which is exactly what you need for a successful interview)
7- This is an "Interview", not some "Interrogation" so treat it as such.
8- Generally, Visa officers are quite friendly and they make you feel completely at ease. My experience was no different. So you also need to reciprocate the same attitude.
9- Last but not least, have faith in Almighty ALLAH, pray with a firm belief deep down your heart that In Sha ALLAH you will walk out of the Embassy building with a huge smile on your face.

Members who are scheduled to be interviewed on 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th March and humbly requested to follow my suit and share their valuable experience as it will help all those who might be interviewed later this year or sometime in the future.

Sorry for such a lengthy post but believe me, i have summarized it as much as possible.

All the best and remember me in your prayers.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

EZN

Ratings: +1
[Good] [Poor]

Re: Interview Call from LVO in Abu Dhabi.........

« Reply #1894 on: March 23, 2015, 09:47:16 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi!

I just had my interview today 23 March and it all went well.It took only around 30 minutes. The VO explained to me the reason why I was interviewed.He asked about my recent travels and looked at the documents related to my present job. He never asked about what I do.In fact his questions were mostly answerable by only Yes or No.He asked anyhow about the company I am working with.Then he said, "there is no point of asking alot of questions because I am already accepting your application". Later he asked why I applied for Canada.He took my PCC but just noted it on the computer and returned it back to me.He did not took any documents from me. He said that MR will come in a couple of weeks.

I expected too many unnecessary things with regard to the interview but in reality it was just really plain and simple.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Very good tips.

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Good day my people.

I just want to announce that I got an invite for interview from AVO yesterday. Someone I know also got same last week friday but just saw the email on sunday 22nd. Ironically, our interviews are scheduled just a day apart.

I have faith that everything will work out just very fine, God's willing". At least its good to hear from AVO again since August 2013 :)) :))

My prayer is that all our good dreams shall come to perfection IJN.

Cheers

Dada-Karma

PPbem

Mar 24, 2015
Good morning house, pls am new here. i got PER since April 2014 before the current batch wich started in May 2014 but am yet to hear anything from AVO. pls wat do i do? is there anyone in dis situation???? your kind advice is needed. Thank you.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
PPbem said:
Good morning house, pls am new here. i got PER since April 2014 before the current batch wich started in May 2014 but am yet to hear anything from AVO. pls wat do i do? is there anyone in dis situation???? your kind advice is needed. Thank you.
Why not try and write AVO to know the status of ur application.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
dada-karma said:
Good day my people.

I just want to announce that I got an invite for interview from AVO yesterday. Someone I know also got same last week friday but just saw the email on sunday 22nd. Ironically, our interviews are scheduled just a day apart.

I have faith that everything will work out just very fine, God's willing". At least its good to hear from AVO again since August 2013 :)) :))

Cheers

Dada-Karma

God will grant u favor in the interview.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dada-karma said:
Good day my people.

Cheers

Dada-Karma

Thank God you heard from them at long last. Your visa is right with them. You will get it after the successful interview. Just go through all the information that you have submitted to them and be consistent without hesitation and you will be fine. Cheers

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
Hello dada-karma,

Just want you to know God is with you all the way and we will surely rejoice with you.

Cheers!!!

dada-karma said:
Good day my people.

Cheers

Dada-Karma

Xousia

Aug 10, 2014
dada-karma said:
Good day my people.

Cheers

God's divine favor goes ahead of you.

Dada-Karma

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
dada-karma said:
Good day my people.

Cheers

Dada-Karma
Dada please just remain calm, and go through all the documents you submitted. Please remain calm and be confident in the way you answer the question. Also try and maintain eye contact during the interview. The information you provided are all yours, so you should no better than the interviewer. Wish you all the best.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
PPbem said:
kindly raise CSE to Accra to know status of your application.

PPbem

Mar 24, 2015
tbaba said:
kindly raise CSE to Accra to know status of your application.
bensonams said:
Why not try and write AVO to know the status of ur application.
@ tbaba and bensonams, av done that,. but they replied with a generic response, that my application is in queue and no further action is required at dis point. i noticed that 2014 streams are already been attended to...am worried house.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
dada-karma said:
Good day my people.

Cheers

Dada-Karma
The VC, God has gone ahead of you already and it shall end in praise.

Consistency and confidence is key. You willl come out Better By Far in Jesus name.

You may visit this thread to have an idea of how the interview runs....though the thread isnt for AVO http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/interview-call-from-lvo-in-abu-dhabi-t180658.0.html

All the best

Xousia

Aug 10, 2014
Don't be worried.. I believe AVO is using different time rules for both streams.. Yours will come before you know it.. Just keep the faith

PPbem said:
@ tbaba and bensonams, av done that,. but they replied with a generic response, that my application is in queue and no further action is required at dis point. i noticed that 2014 streams are already been attended to...am worried house.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
PPbem said:
Pray about it. It is well.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
PPbem said:
Since you have received a response, they will definitely contact you at the right time