PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
kollins said:

Apologies for not posting this earlier....

It was partly due to some of our collective concerns for some of our colleagues having pending issues to sort out with AVO especially the resolution of the POF issues and I'm hoping we have taken the right step in the appeal case....I enjoy all of us to always pray for a positive resolution of the appeal to favor them.
Apologies for not virtually joining the eagle's meeting last Saturday....I tried my possible best as may have been communicated to you by the organizers but you guys were too engrossed in your pep talk that I could not get noticed. For many on the Whatsapp group also, I'm sure you know I'm a passive member....apologies for not been active in chatting....I'm lazy and can't keep up with your chat pace....but I have very good buddies who knows how to bring me out of my shell....funny enough, I seems to monitor all the events in the WhatsApp groups. I have too many of us as friends so it will be selfish of me to mention their names by leaving the rest out....I'm used to all the dramas in the house now.
This is just a brief synopsis of the pre and post landing preparations and my personal advice/opinion and I'm sure most of you can contact me here on the thread,via PM,via whatsapp chats especially if you are landing around my vicinity for me to offer my small piece.
British airline was my option of flight despite knowing the benefits of Qatar airline financially. It involve a 6-hour flight to Heathrow airport with a waiting time of about 8 hours. Another 9hrs flight to YYC Calgary international airport followed. Arrived in Calgary at exactly 5.50pm in Calgary to a rousing welcome by the CBSA officials. A declaration form that will be given to you aboard the airline is expected to be given to them once you land. It's in this for that you will first write your Canadian address where your PR cards will be sent to while in Canada. You are also meant to indicate if you coming in with up to 10,000CAD or not. Other personal information are also asked including the type of goods accompanying you into Canada. I gave this form to the CBSA officer who after welcoming me on sighting my COPR and passports, still verbally confirm if I'm with illegal goods or not....this took about 1 or 2 minutes. I was directed to another officer who confirmed the address I want the PR card sent to again and asked me to check if my details were corrected...and I signed the form off.POF question isn't a routine question here to be asked so nothing on cash was discussed. None of the accompanying luggage was checked even though the 2nd officer accompanied me to take the luggage off and once again, welcomed me to Canada. Some forms on information regarding permanent residency, its renewal, citizenship and qualification in later years were handed over to me.Service Canada had already closed for the day so I could not get Social Insurance Number (SIN) immediately. From my experience and in most cases (unless new sets of pictures is been requested for your preparation of PR cards), you can be sure that the PR card will be ready exactly 6 weeks from your landing date and posted by mail to you.
Winter at my arrival time was the best Calgary have had in about 40 years as confirmed by Calgarians even though it was -17 degrees....and -21 degrees real feel. I was told its meant to be between -21 and -30 degrees at the minimum. Coming from a temperature range of about 30degrees, the skin felt the impact as the tolerance level in the winter for your body will just be 5mins before your body start reacting. The good thing about Calgary weather is the “Chinook wind” which is literally called the “Snow-eater”. Its basically a warm wind that eats snow away which makes Calgary weather very unpredictable. The snow partly melt and partly evaporates in the dry wind. History has proved that Chinook winds can raise winter temperature from about -20 degrees to like 10degrees within hours and when the wind isn't blowing again, it's vice versa. In Calgary ...Calgary is so blessed to have this warm wind, I guess most of our kids will know about it in school since they know everything about Canada.The SIN was done the following day with little or no stress after which the nearest registry was located to get the Alberta health card numbers for health coverage which start immediately.
Once you have a date you intend to travel....I will strongly suggest you make plans on accommodation on arrival even before you leave Nigeria know most of us wants to do soft landing with our friends and relatives...it's a good thing but it should not be over-exploited.You need your friends/relatives for better things than accommodation when you land so don't use accommodation as a hindrance to it.
Please get this form (http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4a.pdf) and fill it to be shown at the port of landing.On POF issues, it's a generally knowledge that they do not ask but I don't want you to relax because of it.The POF for your family size will actually help you settle down in Canada so if possible, bring more especially as this time is not much of good news for workers in Oil and Gas.The Gospel truth is that companies are not recruiting and it may be until end of the year or early 2016 before things start coming into shapes.This does not say you cant get work....but you need to have reality at the back of your mind.Bankers may find it a bit easier and other professions in sales and marketing but please,prepare for the worst.From statistics,new immigrants takes between 2 to 5 years to settle down in their professions....please don't ask me how I come about it but it's the truth.That been said,some are so lucky to get their desired jobs under three months so who says it can't be you?
If you are landing with friends/relatives, make plans to move out under 4 weeks especially if you have kids. Enrolling them in school in your temporal address may create issues when you get a new accommodation that is not in the same area. Changing your address also entails a lot in Canada so it's better to figure your accommodation out within a month.
Personally have a bosom friend who I can stay with and also an arrangement from my Church for soft landing on arrival but it didn't stop me from securing accommodation before leaving Nigeria was able to make my security deposit before leaving Nigeria (700CAD) for a two-bedroom apartment of 1400CAD monthly. If you are a new immigrant, you will be asked to pay for 3 months because you do not have prior history of rent in Canada (or maybe it's in Calgary).
Searching for accommodation can be funny on arrival as some prefer you to have a pet than having kids....some do not want under 18 living in their apartments......some wants to see an evidence you are working in canada......some wants references from previous landlord....some does not want children...e.t.cthis is just for you to prepare what you meet on arrival while searching for apartments.
Your choice of apartment also matters but the best time to rent an apartment is during Winter....because you will know the full properties of your apartments. AS much as possible, get an apartment that have most utilities included in the monthly rent (especially water and heat).Mine apartment is/was a good bargain even though you may say its expensive. Water and heating is included, internet and TELUS cable is also inclusive. The washing machine and drier is coin operated with 2CAD each for every wash and drying....expensive but it makes you plan ahead not waste resources have all the major malls infront of where I live so its just like when I lived in Ketu few years ago and I can always run into the market to get things for every meal....it saves time to have mall beside/around you.Bus stops are littered around me also and its just a 5 mins bust to Brentwood/Dalthoutse train station.
As much as possible (especially if Calgary is your destination), download “Calgary transit” on your android/iphone fone pre/post arrival because it is needed(other cities have their apps too)....google map also helps alot. Once you have data on your phone,you can never get lost in Calgary. This brings me to choice of fone to use. There are ranges of good networks(between to 44CAD to answer100CAD month) to use when you arrive Canada but from my investigation and personal experience, wind network comes good for a new immigrant based on my comparative analysis to others.Like I have told some people that landed after me,please don't take mine as a rule of thump.
You will need a network that the monthly package comes with fairly good data usage on it.You will need a line through which you can call Canada and USA for free as part of the monthly charges.You will need a fone to send international txt messgaes and and also call some of your friends back home.”Wind Network” at 44CAD/monthly gives you 5GB data monthly,unlimited text messages to any mobile number in the world, Canada &US wide calling, free 200 minutes call to any mobiles aside US and Canada on monthly basis...the list is endless.Since you do not have a credit card history, they will get a deposit from you to be refunded back to your line after 6 months since you are on contract with them.You can either bring you unlock phone (provided it works with their network) or better get their phone(which I think is best).For both options,the monthly cost is same so why not get the phone?You can get good smartphones (Samsung or Huawei) with / month and if your taste of phones is higher,you will surely get but with higher monthly charges....Personally,I think you will love their services.
Banking options,from investigations,seems RBC have a soft landing for immigrants in their services and I have found them to be good. Though I know some of us are looking for ways to open one before you land but I am not really in support of it because anything on the issue of money prefer you to be in your right senses at your final destination while signing the forms.Once you open your account in RBC bank,you get to have your temporal debit card immediately pending the posting of your original client (debit) card to your home address within 10 working days.You will also get a credit card with a credit limit posted to your address too.
Schools – Not sure I need to spend too much time on this since we all know kids 5 years and above can get schools as soon as they arrive. Vaccination records are good to bring along for 16 years and below so I advice you this form filled with you when coming (duly signed)...( www.chinacanada.ca/ss/down/immunization.pdf) . For kids under 5,you can just bring their immunization records if it is available. You may need to put kids under 5 at pre-schools at a cost which depends on what you want. Your children are going to enjoy schooling in Canada because they will be virtually competing with the best brains in the world.
Getting a family doctor is easy as ABC here so you need not worry yourself much about it.
Driving – I know most of us are so anxious about driving here which is why there is always concern of using your license to drive for three months on arrival. You can use your Nigerian/international driver license for 3 months but you will still need to surrender it later.Personally,my opinion is to get synchronized with Canadian system by first taking their knowledge test (Class 7).This is like a learner permits which is valid for one year before you can qualify to do a road test.The good thing is that with your Nigeria driver license, you don't have to wait for one year since your license will be verified after you pass the test and you can/will be qualified for a road test within a month and become an expert Canadian driver. The knowledge test consist of 30 questions and you need to score 25 to pass it.The questions are simple with preparations. You can use these sites for preparing (http://practiceexam.keys2drive.ca/),( http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/Content/doctype47/production/quiz/PracTestOne/quizmaker.html) and you can download this manual to read and practice (http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/Content/docType45/Production/basichanbookmay08.pdf). Please see this link for more info (http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/Drivers_Licence.cfm).The knowledge test cost about 17.60CAD on the registry that is doing it.
Job Search – I will advise us all too be prepared for uncertainty especially if you are in EPC,Oil and Gas sector as the fall in the price of crude oil is having a negative effect on employement.To be realistic, most companies are laying off their staff....last week,about 1,000 staff were laid off by Husky Oil coy.The crude oil price is a circle which will soon be favorable again but the truth needs to be told now that currently, it's not favorable some of us. As much as possible, let everyone of us have a backup plans B,C or even D so you don't get disappointed. Some sectors are doing fine but please let us have our plans to set it rolling on arrival. The best way to seamlessly enter into the Canadian system/workforce is to get their certificate. Settling down pace is different for individuals...very few gets settled quickly but they are just few. The bulk of immigrants will take time to settle professionally...it hurts but that is the realistic truth. Survey has shown that it takes between 2 to 5 years for immigrants to settle down professionally so if by chance nothing comes up professionally on your arrival...just know it's a learning curve that will soon straightened with time......don't also forget the God factor for each of us.I'm saying this to encourage us prior to arrival so that couples wont regret ever leaving Nigeria to come here with no realistic professional opportunities in a year!
Too much to say....
To be continued......

Cheers.
Wow..Congrats for your safe landing and thanks for sharing this invaluable information ...uhmmm think am missing something..ehe..your time line go change now na..lol..to LANDED abi?..cheers bro.

thebaft

Nov 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application (IELTS Band 7.5 L:8.0 R:7.5 W:7.0 S:8.0)
File Transfer...
Received by Accra VO on 24-09-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Kollins... Congratulations! May you enjoy the best of what Canada has to offer.

Anaviv

Nov 6, 2014
kollins said:

It was partly due to some of our collective concerns for some of our colleagues having pending issues to sort out with AVO especially the resolution of the POF issues and I'm hoping we have taken the right step in the appeal case....I enjoy all of us to always pray for a positive resolution of the appeal to favor them.
Apologies for not virtually joining the eagle's meeting last Saturday....I tried my possible best as may have been communicated to you by the organizers but you guys were too engrossed in your pep talk that I could not get noticed. For many on the Whatsapp group also, I'm sure you know I'm a passive member....apologies for not been active in chatting....I'm lazy and can't keep up with your chat pace....but I have very good buddies who knows how to bring me out of my shell....funny enough, I seems to monitor all the events in the WhatsApp groups. I have too many of us as friends so it will be selfish of me to mention their names by leaving the rest out....I'm used to all the dramas in the house now.
This is just a brief synopsis of the pre and post landing preparations and my personal advice/opinion and I'm sure most of you can contact me here on the thread,via PM,via whatsapp chats especially if you are landing around my vicinity for me to offer my small piece.
British airline was my option of flight despite knowing the benefits of Qatar airline financially. It involve a 6-hour flight to Heathrow airport with a waiting time of about 8 hours. Another 9hrs flight to YYC Calgary international airport followed. Arrived in Calgary at exactly 5.50pm in Calgary to a rousing welcome by the CBSA officials. A declaration form that will be given to you aboard the airline is expected to be given to them once you land. It's in this for that you will first write your Canadian address where your PR cards will be sent to while in Canada. You are also meant to indicate if you coming in with up to 10,000CAD or not. Other personal information are also asked including the type of goods accompanying you into Canada. I gave this form to the CBSA officer who after welcoming me on sighting my COPR and passports, still verbally confirm if I'm with illegal goods or not....this took about 1 or 2 minutes. I was directed to another officer who confirmed the address I want the PR card sent to again and asked me to check if my details were corrected...and I signed the form off.POF question isn't a routine question here to be asked so nothing on cash was discussed. None of the accompanying luggage was checked even though the 2nd officer accompanied me to take the luggage off and once again, welcomed me to Canada. Some forms on information regarding permanent residency, its renewal, citizenship and qualification in later years were handed over to me.Service Canada had already closed for the day so I could not get Social Insurance Number (SIN) immediately. From my experience and in most cases (unless new sets of pictures is been requested for your preparation of PR cards), you can be sure that the PR card will be ready exactly 6 weeks from your landing date and posted by mail to you.
Winter at my arrival time was the best Calgary have had in about 40 years as confirmed by Calgarians even though it was -17 degrees....and -21 degrees real feel. I was told its meant to be between -21 and -30 degrees at the minimum. Coming from a temperature range of about 30degrees, the skin felt the impact as the tolerance level in the winter for your body will just be 5mins before your body start reacting. The good thing about Calgary weather is the “Chinook wind” which is literally called the “Snow-eater”. Its basically a warm wind that eats snow away which makes Calgary weather very unpredictable. The snow partly melt and partly evaporates in the dry wind. History has proved that Chinook winds can raise winter temperature from about -20 degrees to like 10degrees within hours and when the wind isn't blowing again, it's vice versa. In Calgary ...Calgary is so blessed to have this warm wind, I guess most of our kids will know about it in school since they know everything about Canada.The SIN was done the following day with little or no stress after which the nearest registry was located to get the Alberta health card numbers for health coverage which start immediately.
Once you have a date you intend to travel....I will strongly suggest you make plans on accommodation on arrival even before you leave Nigeria know most of us wants to do soft landing with our friends and relatives...it's a good thing but it should not be over-exploited.You need your friends/relatives for better things than accommodation when you land so don't use accommodation as a hindrance to it.
Please get this form (http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4a.pdf) and fill it to be shown at the port of landing.On POF issues, it's a generally knowledge that they do not ask but I don't want you to relax because of it.The POF for your family size will actually help you settle down in Canada so if possible, bring more especially as this time is not much of good news for workers in Oil and Gas.The Gospel truth is that companies are not recruiting and it may be until end of the year or early 2016 before things start coming into shapes.This does not say you cant get work....but you need to have reality at the back of your mind.Bankers may find it a bit easier and other professions in sales and marketing but please,prepare for the worst.From statistics,new immigrants takes between 2 to 5 years to settle down in their professions....please don't ask me how I come about it but it's the truth.That been said,some are so lucky to get their desired jobs under three months so who says it can't be you?
If you are landing with friends/relatives, make plans to move out under 4 weeks especially if you have kids. Enrolling them in school in your temporal address may create issues when you get a new accommodation that is not in the same area. Changing your address also entails a lot in Canada so it's better to figure your accommodation out within a month.
Personally have a bosom friend who I can stay with and also an arrangement from my Church for soft landing on arrival but it didn't stop me from securing accommodation before leaving Nigeria was able to make my security deposit before leaving Nigeria (700CAD) for a two-bedroom apartment of 1400CAD monthly. If you are a new immigrant, you will be asked to pay for 3 months because you do not have prior history of rent in Canada (or maybe it's in Calgary).
Searching for accommodation can be funny on arrival as some prefer you to have a pet than having kids....some do not want under 18 living in their apartments......some wants to see an evidence you are working in canada......some wants references from previous landlord....some does not want children...e.t.cthis is just for you to prepare what you meet on arrival while searching for apartments.
Your choice of apartment also matters but the best time to rent an apartment is during Winter....because you will know the full properties of your apartments. AS much as possible, get an apartment that have most utilities included in the monthly rent (especially water and heat).Mine apartment is/was a good bargain even though you may say its expensive. Water and heating is included, internet and TELUS cable is also inclusive. The washing machine and drier is coin operated with 2CAD each for every wash and drying....expensive but it makes you plan ahead not waste resources have all the major malls infront of where I live so its just like when I lived in Ketu few years ago and I can always run into the market to get things for every meal....it saves time to have mall beside/around you.Bus stops are littered around me also and its just a 5 mins bust to Brentwood/Dalthoutse train station.
As much as possible (especially if Calgary is your destination), download “Calgary transit” on your android/iphone fone pre/post arrival because it is needed(other cities have their apps too)....google map also helps alot. Once you have data on your phone,you can never get lost in Calgary. This brings me to choice of fone to use. There are ranges of good networks(between to 44CAD to answer100CAD month) to use when you arrive Canada but from my investigation and personal experience, wind network comes good for a new immigrant based on my comparative analysis to others.Like I have told some people that landed after me,please don't take mine as a rule of thump.
You will need a network that the monthly package comes with fairly good data usage on it.You will need a line through which you can call Canada and USA for free as part of the monthly charges.You will need a fone to send international txt messgaes and and also call some of your friends back home.”Wind Network” at 44CAD/monthly gives you 5GB data monthly,unlimited text messages to any mobile number in the world, Canada &US wide calling, free 200 minutes call to any mobiles aside US and Canada on monthly basis...the list is endless.Since you do not have a credit card history, they will get a deposit from you to be refunded back to your line after 6 months since you are on contract with them.You can either bring you unlock phone (provided it works with their network) or better get their phone(which I think is best).For both options,the monthly cost is same so why not get the phone?You can get good smartphones (Samsung or Huawei) with / month and if your taste of phones is higher,you will surely get but with higher monthly charges....Personally,I think you will love their services.
Banking options,from investigations,seems RBC have a soft landing for immigrants in their services and I have found them to be good. Though I know some of us are looking for ways to open one before you land but I am not really in support of it because anything on the issue of money prefer you to be in your right senses at your final destination while signing the forms.Once you open your account in RBC bank,you get to have your temporal debit card immediately pending the posting of your original client (debit) card to your home address within 10 working days.You will also get a credit card with a credit limit posted to your address too.
Schools – Not sure I need to spend too much time on this since we all know kids 5 years and above can get schools as soon as they arrive. Vaccination records are good to bring along for 16 years and below so I advice you this form filled with you when coming (duly signed)...( www.chinacanada.ca/ss/down/immunization.pdf) . For kids under 5,you can just bring their immunization records if it is available. You may need to put kids under 5 at pre-schools at a cost which depends on what you want. Your children are going to enjoy schooling in Canada because they will be virtually competing with the best brains in the world.
Getting a family doctor is easy as ABC here so you need not worry yourself much about it.
Driving – I know most of us are so anxious about driving here which is why there is always concern of using your license to drive for three months on arrival. You can use your Nigerian/international driver license for 3 months but you will still need to surrender it later.Personally,my opinion is to get synchronized with Canadian system by first taking their knowledge test (Class 7).This is like a learner permits which is valid for one year before you can qualify to do a road test.The good thing is that with your Nigeria driver license, you don't have to wait for one year since your license will be verified after you pass the test and you can/will be qualified for a road test within a month and become an expert Canadian driver. The knowledge test consist of 30 questions and you need to score 25 to pass it.The questions are simple with preparations. You can use these sites for preparing (http://practiceexam.keys2drive.ca/),( http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/Content/doctype47/production/quiz/PracTestOne/quizmaker.html) and you can download this manual to read and practice (http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/Content/docType45/Production/basichanbookmay08.pdf). Please see this link for more info (http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/Drivers_Licence.cfm).The knowledge test cost about 17.60CAD on the registry that is doing it.
Job Search – I will advise us all too be prepared for uncertainty especially if you are in EPC,Oil and Gas sector as the fall in the price of crude oil is having a negative effect on employement.To be realistic, most companies are laying off their staff....last week,about 1,000 staff were laid off by Husky Oil coy.The crude oil price is a circle which will soon be favorable again but the truth needs to be told now that currently, it's not favorable some of us. As much as possible, let everyone of us have a backup plans B,C or even D so you don't get disappointed. Some sectors are doing fine but please let us have our plans to set it rolling on arrival. The best way to seamlessly enter into the Canadian system/workforce is to get their certificate. Settling down pace is different for individuals...very few gets settled quickly but they are just few. The bulk of immigrants will take time to settle professionally...it hurts but that is the realistic truth. Survey has shown that it takes between 2 to 5 years for immigrants to settle down professionally so if by chance nothing comes up professionally on your arrival...just know it's a learning curve that will soon straightened with time......don't also forget the God factor for each of us.I'm saying this to encourage us prior to arrival so that couples wont regret ever leaving Nigeria to come here with no realistic professional opportunities in a year!
Too much to say....
To be continued......

Cheers.

Kollinssssssssssssssssssssss....Thank God for successful landing

maskuraid

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2013
AOR Received.
06/01/2014
Congrats Kollins on landing. May the almighty favour you. Who else got invited for the interview in April?

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
kollins said:

Too much to say....
To be continued......

Cheers.
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SAFE LANDING, MAY GOD ALMIGHTY MAKE YOUR NEW COUNTRY A BLESSING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. PLEASE DON'T FORGET ME IN YOUR PRAYERS AS I AWAIT OUR PPR

4lashyme

Oct 22, 2014
maskuraid said:
Congrats Kollins on landing. May the almighty favour you. Who else got invited for the interview in April?
Hello Maskuraid,

i don't think there is any one here with such invite [maybe our seniors know]. however, i would like the know specific topics there wish to discuss with you. And i this request coming before or after MR?

You can contact some of our seniors here. there can help with the preparations.

Cheers.

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maskuraid said:
That question suggest you {or someone close to you} got invited for an interview. If that is the case, I would advise you request for your GCMS notes immediately before you attend the interview. Run through the notes section and in fact all the sections to gain first hand information about your application. You have come thus far and cannot afford to bungle the chance you have now.It will give you an idea of what prompted the invite in the first place and place you on a vantage position to prepare way ahead of the interview.

Wish you the best!

maskuraid

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2013
AOR Received.
06/01/2014
Thanks people.

My 2013 application had been pending for a while. I have already applied for the GCMS and hopefully should get the response before the interview date of April 20th. I'd appreciate if anyone here has info on likely questions or the general interview procedure.

Thanks again.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maskuraid said:
Thanks people.

My 2013 application had been pending for a while. I have already applied for the GCMS and hopefully should get the response before the interview date of April 20th. I'd appreciate if anyone here has info on likely questions or the general interview procedure.

Thanks again.

All the questions that you will be asked will come from your file• Try as much as possible to remember everything that you have filled and maintain a high level of consistency when you are responding• They can ask you about your wife and children and vice versa• Just know everything in your file and be ready to explain any grey area•

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kollins said:

Too much to say....
To be continued......

Cheers.

Congrats•

Jesus is Lord

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-10-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
Congratulations! Kollins. Thank God for safe landing. Wish you God's favor in Canada.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
maskuraid said:
Thanks people.

Thanks again.
It depends on what they discovered in your file. I think you should prepare very well especially concerning ur job/employment, family configuration and POF. God will go before you and make the crooked way straight.

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maskuraid said:
Thanks people.

Thanks again.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kafil

Ratings: +20
[Good] [Poor]

Re: Interview Call from LVO in Abu Dhabi.........

« Reply #1893 on: March 23, 2015, 09:01:23 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Since this forum has become completely stagnant and i thought with some of the 2015 applicants lined up for their interviews throughout this week, may be it would be a good idea for me to share my own interview experience:

My interview was held at CHC Abu Dhabi on 22nd March 2015. I reached the embassy building well in advance so i just roamed through Abu Dhabi Mall (CHC is located on 9th and 10th Floor of West Tower of Abu Dhabi Mall). That helped me a lot in easing my nerves before the big occasion. After going through customary security checks, i started waiting for my name to be called. Finally, the slide of a window in front of me was raised by a young man who announced my name and told to me proceed to interview room. Then and there, i realized now is the time to make the impact. I entered the room and settled down. The visa officer arrived after a while and greeted me and asked me how i was doing and how was my trip to Abu Dhabi.

The Visa officer introduced himself and told me that he is responsible for the processing of my application and that he has the authority to determine my eligibility to be awarded PR to Canada. To begin with, he asked for my passport and inquired about my previous travel history. Then he asked about my work experience documents, i passed it on to him, he looked at it and asked me quite a few question related to my job like what i do in this role, how i found this job, why did i switch over to this job from my previous employer etc. Then he also asked about my family members and inquired about my parents and if they will reunite with me in Canada in the future. Afterwards, he asked for me to show him updated Proof of Funds as well as PCC which i did. He also looked at some of my Education Certificates. In the end, he took all my forms i.e. Schedule A, Supplementary Travel Information and Additional Family Information and said that these will be enclosed in my Case file.

Bear in mind that the Visa officer continued to type something on the system every time he looked at my documents. Finally, the moment arrived when he said "i am satisfied with your eligibility and accepting your application for further processing". He informed me about MR being the next step. He also provided me with valuable advice regarding my settlement issues in Canada and gave me fruitful tips to integrate into the Canadian Society.

So as per my experience, following are the points to be considered to have a successful interview:

1- Be prepared for every single word of your immigration file and expect to be asked about anything from anywhere in your application.
2- You must remember that you are the one who provided all the information in your case file and therefore, its you who should have complete command.
3- Remain calm and composed, keep a smile and always look into the eyes of the Visa officer, remember confidence speaks for itself.
4- Make sure you understand the VO's question, if you are in doubt, you are well within your rights for the question to be repeated.
5- Speak at a medium pace and as clearly as possible.
6- I did not wear any Jacket or Coat so i would recommend you to do the same because remember, physically relaxed body will eventually lead to a peaceful mind (which is exactly what you need for a successful interview)
7- This is an "Interview", not some "Interrogation" so treat it as such.
8- Generally, Visa officers are quite friendly and they make you feel completely at ease. My experience was no different. So you also need to reciprocate the same attitude.
9- Last but not least, have faith in Almighty ALLAH, pray with a firm belief deep down your heart that In Sha ALLAH you will walk out of the Embassy building with a huge smile on your face.

Members who are scheduled to be interviewed on 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th March and humbly requested to follow my suit and share their valuable experience as it will help all those who might be interviewed later this year or sometime in the future.

Sorry for such a lengthy post but believe me, i have summarized it as much as possible.

All the best and remember me in your prayers.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

EZN

Ratings: +1
[Good] [Poor]

Re: Interview Call from LVO in Abu Dhabi.........

« Reply #1894 on: March 23, 2015, 09:47:16 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi!

I just had my interview today 23 March and it all went well.It took only around 30 minutes. The VO explained to me the reason why I was interviewed.He asked about my recent travels and looked at the documents related to my present job. He never asked about what I do.In fact his questions were mostly answerable by only Yes or No.He asked anyhow about the company I am working with.Then he said, "there is no point of asking alot of questions because I am already accepting your application". Later he asked why I applied for Canada.He took my PCC but just noted it on the computer and returned it back to me.He did not took any documents from me. He said that MR will come in a couple of weeks.

I expected too many unnecessary things with regard to the interview but in reality it was just really plain and simple.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>