+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Chingy said:
The long wait is about to end as PPR breezed into my mail box. Thank the Lord for me as he has been faithful
Chingyyyy (that is me calling your name with a big smile n hug), Congratulations. Thank you Jesus

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations Chingy, wishing you speedy processing of your CoPR and PRV.

Chingy said:
The long wait is about to end as PPR breezed into my mail box. Thank the Lord for me as he has been faithful

Anaviv

Nov 6, 2014
Chingy said:
Congrats Chingy!!! The long wait has ended in praise and joy!!! I rejoice with you my brother

4lashyme

Oct 22, 2014
Chingy said:
Congratulations Chingy. i was actually analyzing our excel file yesterday...and saying to myself that you should be the next in line for a PPR in our group. i never knew i was a revelation. i thank God.
Porphry my friend watch out. You're next in line. that's the spirit!

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
Chingy said:
Conrats. Our God is always good.

iCraft

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
13-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2015
LANDED..........
God willing Feb 2016
Chingy said:
Congrats

nerylanmi

Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
[color=red]2132[/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=purple]04-09-2014[/color]
Doc's Request.
[color=green] 02-03-2016[/color] 5669, POF, 5401 & PCC
Nomination.....
[color=green] 10-12-2014[/color]
AOR Received.
[color=brown] 5-1-2015[/color]
Med's Request
[color=cyan][b]30-06-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=blue][b]14-08-2015[/b][/color]
Chingy said:
Congrats

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
Thanks everyone for ur good wishes, I want to ask a quick question. The IMM8 form is it the generic application form? And since dia has been no change in my family composition, do I still need to fill d form?

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Chingy said:
Thanks everyone for ur good wishes, I want to ask a quick question. The IMM8 form is it the generic application form? And since dia has been no change in my family composition, do I still need to fill d form?
Fill the form but write a cover letter that there is no change in ur family configuration.

maskuraid

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2013
AOR Received.
06/01/2014
Congrats Chingy...

fatenny

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
Chingy said:
Big congrats, am happy for you: God be praised!

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Chingy said:
Once again ....Congrats .
You have two options....and both are acceptable to Accra visa office.
You can decided not to submit it and write a cover letter to Accra while sending it back to them that your family composition has not changed.
Also,you can also send another filled generic form.......it doesn't cost you anything to do it.
For the Height and eye color chat,just print it out and use your black pen to fill it out and include it with your passport while sending it.You will do well to notice that you have a portion of the generic form that ask info about height and eye color chat.
Cheers

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........

Apologies for not posting this earlier....

It was partly due to some of our collective concerns for some of our colleagues having pending issues to sort out with AVO especially the resolution of the POF issues and I'm hoping we have taken the right step in the appeal case....I enjoy all of us to always pray for a positive resolution of the appeal to favor them.
Apologies for not virtually joining the eagle's meeting last Saturday....I tried my possible best as may have been communicated to you by the organizers but you guys were too engrossed in your pep talk that I could not get noticed. For many on the Whatsapp group also, I'm sure you know I'm a passive member....apologies for not been active in chatting....I'm lazy and can't keep up with your chat pace....but I have very good buddies who knows how to bring me out of my shell....funny enough, I seems to monitor all the events in the WhatsApp groups. I have too many of us as friends so it will be selfish of me to mention their names by leaving the rest out....I'm used to all the dramas in the house now.
This is just a brief synopsis of the pre and post landing preparations and my personal advice/opinion and I'm sure most of you can contact me here on the thread,via PM,via whatsapp chats especially if you are landing around my vicinity for me to offer my small piece.
British airline was my option of flight despite knowing the benefits of Qatar airline financially. It involve a 6-hour flight to Heathrow airport with a waiting time of about 8 hours. Another 9hrs flight to YYC Calgary international airport followed. Arrived in Calgary at exactly 5.50pm in Calgary to a rousing welcome by the CBSA officials. A declaration form that will be given to you aboard the airline is expected to be given to them once you land. It's in this for that you will first write your Canadian address where your PR cards will be sent to while in Canada. You are also meant to indicate if you coming in with up to 10,000CAD or not. Other personal information are also asked including the type of goods accompanying you into Canada. I gave this form to the CBSA officer who after welcoming me on sighting my COPR and passports, still verbally confirm if I'm with illegal goods or not....this took about 1 or 2 minutes. I was directed to another officer who confirmed the address I want the PR card sent to again and asked me to check if my details were corrected...and I signed the form off.POF question isn't a routine question here to be asked so nothing on cash was discussed. None of the accompanying luggage was checked even though the 2nd officer accompanied me to take the luggage off and once again, welcomed me to Canada. Some forms on information regarding permanent residency, its renewal, citizenship and qualification in later years were handed over to me.Service Canada had already closed for the day so I could not get Social Insurance Number (SIN) immediately. From my experience and in most cases (unless new sets of pictures is been requested for your preparation of PR cards), you can be sure that the PR card will be ready exactly 6 weeks from your landing date and posted by mail to you.
Winter at my arrival time was the best Calgary have had in about 40 years as confirmed by Calgarians even though it was -17 degrees....and -21 degrees real feel. I was told its meant to be between -21 and -30 degrees at the minimum. Coming from a temperature range of about 30degrees, the skin felt the impact as the tolerance level in the winter for your body will just be 5mins before your body start reacting. The good thing about Calgary weather is the “Chinook wind” which is literally called the “Snow-eater”. Its basically a warm wind that eats snow away which makes Calgary weather very unpredictable. The snow partly melt and partly evaporates in the dry wind. History has proved that Chinook winds can raise winter temperature from about -20 degrees to like 10degrees within hours and when the wind isn't blowing again, it's vice versa. In Calgary ...Calgary is so blessed to have this warm wind, I guess most of our kids will know about it in school since they know everything about Canada.The SIN was done the following day with little or no stress after which the nearest registry was located to get the Alberta health card numbers for health coverage which start immediately.
Once you have a date you intend to travel....I will strongly suggest you make plans on accommodation on arrival even before you leave Nigeria know most of us wants to do soft landing with our friends and relatives...it's a good thing but it should not be over-exploited.You need your friends/relatives for better things than accommodation when you land so don't use accommodation as a hindrance to it.
Please get this form (http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4a.pdf) and fill it to be shown at the port of landing.On POF issues, it's a generally knowledge that they do not ask but I don't want you to relax because of it.The POF for your family size will actually help you settle down in Canada so if possible, bring more especially as this time is not much of good news for workers in Oil and Gas.The Gospel truth is that companies are not recruiting and it may be until end of the year or early 2016 before things start coming into shapes.This does not say you cant get work....but you need to have reality at the back of your mind.Bankers may find it a bit easier and other professions in sales and marketing but please,prepare for the worst.From statistics,new immigrants takes between 2 to 5 years to settle down in their professions....please don't ask me how I come about it but it's the truth.That been said,some are so lucky to get their desired jobs under three months so who says it can't be you?
If you are landing with friends/relatives, make plans to move out under 4 weeks especially if you have kids. Enrolling them in school in your temporal address may create issues when you get a new accommodation that is not in the same area. Changing your address also entails a lot in Canada so it's better to figure your accommodation out within a month.
Personally have a bosom friend who I can stay with and also an arrangement from my Church for soft landing on arrival but it didn't stop me from securing accommodation before leaving Nigeria was able to make my security deposit before leaving Nigeria (700CAD) for a two-bedroom apartment of 1400CAD monthly. If you are a new immigrant, you will be asked to pay for 3 months because you do not have prior history of rent in Canada (or maybe it's in Calgary).
Searching for accommodation can be funny on arrival as some prefer you to have a pet than having kids....some do not want under 18 living in their apartments......some wants to see an evidence you are working in canada......some wants references from previous landlord....some does not want children...e.t.cthis is just for you to prepare what you meet on arrival while searching for apartments.
Your choice of apartment also matters but the best time to rent an apartment is during Winter....because you will know the full properties of your apartments. AS much as possible, get an apartment that have most utilities included in the monthly rent (especially water and heat).Mine apartment is/was a good bargain even though you may say its expensive. Water and heating is included, internet and TELUS cable is also inclusive. The washing machine and drier is coin operated with 2CAD each for every wash and drying....expensive but it makes you plan ahead not waste resources have all the major malls infront of where I live so its just like when I lived in Ketu few years ago and I can always run into the market to get things for every meal....it saves time to have mall beside/around you.Bus stops are littered around me also and its just a 5 mins bust to Brentwood/Dalthoutse train station.
As much as possible (especially if Calgary is your destination), download “Calgary transit” on your android/iphone fone pre/post arrival because it is needed(other cities have their apps too)....google map also helps alot. Once you have data on your phone,you can never get lost in Calgary. This brings me to choice of fone to use. There are ranges of good networks(between to 44CAD to answer100CAD month) to use when you arrive Canada but from my investigation and personal experience, wind network comes good for a new immigrant based on my comparative analysis to others.Like I have told some people that landed after me,please don't take mine as a rule of thump.
You will need a network that the monthly package comes with fairly good data usage on it.You will need a line through which you can call Canada and USA for free as part of the monthly charges.You will need a fone to send international txt messgaes and and also call some of your friends back home.”Wind Network” at 44CAD/monthly gives you 5GB data monthly,unlimited text messages to any mobile number in the world, Canada &US wide calling, free 200 minutes call to any mobiles aside US and Canada on monthly basis...the list is endless.Since you do not have a credit card history, they will get a deposit from you to be refunded back to your line after 6 months since you are on contract with them.You can either bring you unlock phone (provided it works with their network) or better get their phone(which I think is best).For both options,the monthly cost is same so why not get the phone?You can get good smartphones (Samsung or Huawei) with / month and if your taste of phones is higher,you will surely get but with higher monthly charges....Personally,I think you will love their services.
Banking options,from investigations,seems RBC have a soft landing for immigrants in their services and I have found them to be good. Though I know some of us are looking for ways to open one before you land but I am not really in support of it because anything on the issue of money prefer you to be in your right senses at your final destination while signing the forms.Once you open your account in RBC bank,you get to have your temporal debit card immediately pending the posting of your original client (debit) card to your home address within 10 working days.You will also get a credit card with a credit limit posted to your address too.
Schools – Not sure I need to spend too much time on this since we all know kids 5 years and above can get schools as soon as they arrive. Vaccination records are good to bring along for 16 years and below so I advice you this form filled with you when coming (duly signed)...( www.chinacanada.ca/ss/down/immunization.pdf) . For kids under 5,you can just bring their immunization records if it is available. You may need to put kids under 5 at pre-schools at a cost which depends on what you want. Your children are going to enjoy schooling in Canada because they will be virtually competing with the best brains in the world.
Getting a family doctor is easy as ABC here so you need not worry yourself much about it.
Driving – I know most of us are so anxious about driving here which is why there is always concern of using your license to drive for three months on arrival. You can use your Nigerian/international driver license for 3 months but you will still need to surrender it later.Personally,my opinion is to get synchronized with Canadian system by first taking their knowledge test (Class 7).This is like a learner permits which is valid for one year before you can qualify to do a road test.The good thing is that with your Nigeria driver license, you don't have to wait for one year since your license will be verified after you pass the test and you can/will be qualified for a road test within a month and become an expert Canadian driver. The knowledge test consist of 30 questions and you need to score 25 to pass it.The questions are simple with preparations. You can use these sites for preparing (http://practiceexam.keys2drive.ca/),( http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/Content/doctype47/production/quiz/PracTestOne/quizmaker.html) and you can download this manual to read and practice (http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/Content/docType45/Production/basichanbookmay08.pdf). Please see this link for more info (http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/Drivers_Licence.cfm).The knowledge test cost about 17.60CAD on the registry that is doing it.
Job Search – I will advise us all too be prepared for uncertainty especially if you are in EPC,Oil and Gas sector as the fall in the price of crude oil is having a negative effect on employement.To be realistic, most companies are laying off their staff....last week,about 1,000 staff were laid off by Husky Oil coy.The crude oil price is a circle which will soon be favorable again but the truth needs to be told now that currently, it's not favorable some of us. As much as possible, let everyone of us have a backup plans B,C or even D so you don't get disappointed. Some sectors are doing fine but please let us have our plans to set it rolling on arrival. The best way to seamlessly enter into the Canadian system/workforce is to get their certificate. Settling down pace is different for individuals...very few gets settled quickly but they are just few. The bulk of immigrants will take time to settle professionally...it hurts but that is the realistic truth. Survey has shown that it takes between 2 to 5 years for immigrants to settle down professionally so if by chance nothing comes up professionally on your arrival...just know it's a learning curve that will soon straightened with time......don't also forget the God factor for each of us.I'm saying this to encourage us prior to arrival so that couples wont regret ever leaving Nigeria to come here with no realistic professional opportunities in a year!
Too much to say....
To be continued......

Cheers.