19-06-15
Ed_b_good said:
Christmas is the season for party and fun
Let us start with prayers and praise
Let the happiness and joy fills our house
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all in this forum

CHEERS
TO ALL THE FORUM MEMBERS!
May the season bring forth reasons for us all and our families to rejoice and merry, may our lives not be cut short and may we all witness the NEW YEAR in good health, amen

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merry christmas to you all• I wish you all the best of celebrations and fun filled period• God bless you all•

Abeke

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2013
AOR Received.
PER - Aug 26 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Sep 9th 2014
Med's Done....
Sep 23rd -medicals received
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 8th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 22nd 2014
Merry Christmas Everyone.

My family and I landed in Calgary on Dec 22nd. We used Lufthansa and had 7hours transit in Frankfurt and another 9hrs35mins to Calgary. We booked our tickets via IOM.

The landing experience was good, we didn't spend more than 30mins at the immigration. They asked if we brought food items and I said yes. They asked if Yam was inclusive and the answer was NO. (I learnt that they don't like Yams) We were not asked for the list of items we brought with us. We were only asked for the list of items we will be expecting. Our luggage wasn't checked by anybody.

NO POF was requested from us.

On 23rd, we went to get our SIN - it took less than 40mins, we registered for Alberta health card and opened Bank Account that same day.

On 24rd, we went to see Santa in the spirit of Christmas. Lol. Canada is beautiful, it's cold anyway but people who have been here for long says the weather is very fair for now. We are settling down gradually.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Abeke said:

My family and I landed in Calgary on Dec 22nd. We used Lufthansa and had 7hours transit in Frankfurt and another 9hrs35mins to Calgary. We booked our tickets via IOM.

The landing experience was good, we didn't spend more than 30mins at the immigration. They asked if we brought food items and I said yes. They asked if Yam was inclusive and the answer was NO. (I learnt that they don't like Yams) We were not asked for the list of items we brought with us. We were only asked for the list of items we will be expecting. Our luggage wasn't checked by anybody.

On 23rd, we went to get our SIN - it took less than 40mins, we registered for Alberta health card and opened Bank Account that same day.

On 24rd, we went to see Santa in the spirit of Christmas. Lol. Canada is beautiful, it's cold anyway but people who have been here for long says the weather is very fair for now. We are settling down gradually.
Congrats on your landing .....
Wishing you a happy white Christmas as a permanent resident in Canada.
Thanks for the updates....
How are you coping with time difference knowing fully well that your body system will initially resist the 8 hrs time difference :D
I'm sure you'll soon get settled .
Happy for you and the family .
Hoping for more updates as you get settled gradually.
Once again,Congrats on your landing.........You shall positively possess the land as you have stepped on it.
Cheers

nerylanmi

Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
[color=red]2132[/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=purple]04-09-2014[/color]
Doc's Request.
[color=green] 02-03-2016[/color] 5669, POF, 5401 & PCC
Nomination.....
[color=green] 10-12-2014[/color]
AOR Received.
[color=brown] 5-1-2015[/color]
Med's Request
[color=cyan][b]30-06-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=blue][b]14-08-2015[/b][/color]
Abeke said:

Nice info. +1 to you.
Have a good life in Canada :)

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abeke said:

Congrats Abeke• Great stuff• POF is definitely not a prerequisite of landing formalities from all the landed• IOM is really cool• I can see you are already enjoying Canada• Continue to relate with us from time to time• God bless you•

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
Abeke said:

Congratulations Abeke on your safe landing and I wish you Divine settlement.
Merry Christmas to everyone and may this season bring peace to our nation, fulfilment, long life, good health and prosperity to all us. Amen.

famoche

Oct 1, 2014
pls I will like to know if I mistakenly include two same type of a form in my application wont it disqualify me

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
famoche said:
pls I will like to know if I mistakenly include two same type of a form in my application wont it disqualify me

There should not be problems with that in as much as you have completed accurately every other needed forms

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Congrats Abeke. I am sure they dont like Yam because they don't like foireign soil introduced into their country and Yam sometimes still has soil on it.

Abeke, is it a must to have a list of all items that would be coming into the country at a later date? I believe this list is to ensure our fgoods enter the country duty free. What if something is missed from the list.

Have a wonderful Christmas

Abeke said:

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Just curious. Please those of us that have received our COPR, did both copies have your passport photo affixed on them?

Secondly, I used to read about the Indians having some of their documentation, including IELTS result, returned alongside their Visa and COPR. I guess Accra keeps all we send to them or did anyone get any document back?

okejji

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
nanonye said:
Merry Christmas everyone.

Just curious. Please those of us that have received our COPR, did both copies have your passport photo affixed on them?

Secondly, I used to read about the Indians having some of their documentation, including IELTS result, returned alongside their Visa and COPR. I guess Accra keeps all we send to them or did anyone get any document back?
merry christmas to you also.
regarding your question. for my copr, only one passport photo was affixed.
no application docs were sent to me via avo

HisGrace

Mar 14, 2014
Merry Christmas all and a Prosperous New Year ahead!!!

Please i want to find out if the temporary drivers license is usable in Canada and if its advisable (or advantageous) to get the current drivers license from FRSC before coming to Canada. We are about to renew our licenses.

Thank you and regards

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
Ed_b_good said:
Congratulations NwaMarie, See you in Canada ;D ;D ;D
Thank you Ed_b_good. See you in Canada. :) :) :D :D

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
PORPHRY said:
TO ALL THE FORUM MEMBERS!
May the season bring forth reasons for us all and our families to rejoice and merry, may our lives not be cut short and may we all witness the NEW YEAR in good health, amen
Amen and Amen. Merry Christmas.