GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4lashyme said:
Hello House,

i have noticed that recently [like 2-3 week now], AVO has not sent out any new PPR mails [pls correct me if i'm wrong]. Can anybody give us any preview as to what may be the reason?

Awaiting suggestions.

thank you.

Based on what I know and have observed,some files have been penciled down for continuos processing next year• If we observe closely or should I say that as we all know,this year is almost out• As we all preparing for the festive period,they are doing same• We should not expect much from them this time but till early next year•

I got pick up mail a week ago but DHL is saying that most of those passposts have not been released• Well for some people,some thing might still happen before the year runs out• For others,it will have to be till next year• I strongly believe that the delays are not because there are issues on the files• Cheers

daramz

Apr 6, 2014
naija
Category........
Visa Office......
avo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NOV 2013
IELTS Request
SENT WITH DOC
Med's Request
6th oct 2014
Med's Done....
22nd october 2014
Interview........
waived IJN
Passport Req..
09-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2015
GENTLEANDREW said:
Based on what I know and have observed,some files have been penciled down for continuos processing next year• If we observe closely or should I say that as we all know,this year is almost out• As we all preparing for the festive period,they are doing same• We should not expect much from them this time but till early next year•

I got pick up mail a week ago but DHL is saying that most of those passposts have not been released• Well for some people,some thing might still happen before the year runs out• For others,it will have to be till next year• I strongly believe that the delays are not because there are issues on the files• Cheers
Thanks for the response.
I have been waiting for PPR going to two months now and I sent them a mail last week because I renewed the passports of some of my family members and the e mail was returned. through out this weekend the mail the not drop. I tried again this monday and it went. So, I think there is probably a technical issue that they have or had.

okejji

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
praise the LORD. my passport and copr just arrieved this afthernoon. they mistakenly gave my percel to another person thay returned it to DHL. I went to to DHL to complain. they said AVO has nt issue any passport meanwhile my passport don enter naija for another person hand. May the Lord bless the one that returned my docs back to DHL.
@ gentleandrew you need to go to dhl office and put some pressure on them. i think there is a mixup.

@ this forum God will bless you all. for those expecting any update just be patient God will do it. thanks

zeemaple

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
Ayo congrats! !!

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
okejji said:
praise the LORD. my passport and copr just arrieved this afthernoon. they mistakenly gave my percel to another person thay returned it to DHL. I went to to DHL to complain. they said AVO has nt issue any passport meanwhile my passport don enter naija for another person hand. May the Lord bless the one that returned my docs back to DHL.
@ gentleandrew you need to go to dhl office and put some pressure on them. i think there is a mixup.

@ this forum God will bless you all. for those expecting any update just be patient God will do it. thanks
Congrats buddy...
I'm so happy for you.
Cheers.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okejji said:

Congrats. Will follow them up. Cheers

RonD75

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
06-02-2014
Med's Request
28- 10- 2014
Med's Done....
31- 10- 2014
Passport Req..
02- 12- 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12- 12- 2014
LANDED..........
2015 IJN
Flaky said:
I guess I am not in my waka pass mode this evening.

Here is my take to everyone worring about MR, PR or whatever R it is, after you get the so called R and visa, what next?
If I were you, that would be the least of my worries right now. My advice to you all

1. Change your money from naira to usd before it reaches 195 or wherever the cbn is taking it to. For those of you that have a R in the waiting and are still shopping on jumai or whatever, that's the worst decision ever. Save your money , Canada is not cheap, rent is not cheap,cost of living isn't beans, and nobody will house you for long even if they are your blood siblings. No matter how much money you bring , as long as you are not working, it's going to diminish right in your eyes, and even if you work, getting yourself well settled is going to take at least 2 years. Quote me on that!

2. Canada is not heaven. When I left the airport, my first impression was " and so, is this the place??"Don't think you are " running away" . You are just about to leave or leaving a challenging environment to come to another equally challenging environment. So, save yourselves the needless worries and pray.
I am not going to share any experience because to each his own really. We will all have different experiences. I have experienced both sides of the coin get a job before landing and having to come here and fight through the nepotism to get a job as an immigrant. Please do not ask me how the person that got the job before Naija did it. To each his own!
The job market in 2015 is going to be TOUGH, truth be told! People are already losing jobs and companies are already downsizing. There won't be as many adverts for jobs as this year unless the oil price improves. Just so you know, majority bod the job ads are just formalities , they already have their prefered candidates but they must advertise to fulfil all requirements.So if you don't have anything to WORRY ABOUT other than a MR or PR or whatever R, that's one thing for you to do and add to new year prayer list.
PR card doesn't pay the rent, bills or put food on the table, at times I wished it did though.

3. For those with children who are already here and are spending the child tax benefit the govt gives , that's the worst decision ever. At least , when I talk to Nigerians , they all say "they came here to give their kids a better life". So give them the " better life " you claim. Come to the bank and open an account for them and let the money go there . Tuition fees as is , is already on the hike and will continue in the coming years! You don't want your children to go to school on enormous student loans!

I may not have come to burst your bubbles but if I did, mission accomplished!
All you have said is true. Every last word. I don't believe anyone will think it will be as easy as ABC in canada. That being said. Planning is key. People relocate for different reasons. Some are not even interested in any job in canada but are willing to pay every dime owed to the government in terms of taxes. Others have already gotten a job or even kept a huge sum aside for their children's education.

I'm sure you fell in that category who tought canada was come and enjoy situation but learnt the hard way. It is good you have spoken your mind. But then again busting bubbles being your utmost intention is not encouraging.

Like I said people relocate for different reasons. Everyman to his destiny.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
okejji said:

Hallleluyah. Congratulations ooooo

RonD75

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
06-02-2014
Med's Request
28- 10- 2014
Med's Done....
31- 10- 2014
Passport Req..
02- 12- 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12- 12- 2014
LANDED..........
2015 IJN
Congratulations everyone for ur updates. It sure is a good thing to hear all the wonderful news. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Stay blessed.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Thank you very much Flaky for the information but really your messages shouldn't always have an aura of negatively.

Nobody expects Canada to be a bed of roses and if that was your though while heading there then you have yourself to blame. We don't expect manna to fall from heaven. If you could overcome all the challenges and settle pretty in Canada then we all can do the same. And I must state that you did not burst my bubble in any way because I will be very successful in Canada.

Flaky said:
I guess I am not in my waka pass mode this evening.

Here is my take to everyone worring about MR, PR or whatever R it is, after you get the so called R and visa, what next?
If I were you, that would be the least of my worries right now. My advice to you all

1. Change your money from naira to usd before it reaches 195 or wherever the cbn is taking it to. For those of you that have a R in the waiting and are still shopping on jumai or whatever, that's the worst decision ever. Save your money , Canada is not cheap, rent is not cheap,cost of living isn't beans, and nobody will house you for long even if they are your blood siblings. No matter how much money you bring , as long as you are not working, it's going to diminish right in your eyes, and even if you work, getting yourself well settled is going to take at least 2 years. Quote me on that!

2. Canada is not heaven. When I left the airport, my first impression was " and so, is this the place??"Don't think you are " running away" . You are just about to leave or leaving a challenging environment to come to another equally challenging environment. So, save yourselves the needless worries and pray.
I am not going to share any experience because to each his own really. We will all have different experiences. I have experienced both sides of the coin get a job before landing and having to come here and fight through the nepotism to get a job as an immigrant. Please do not ask me how the person that got the job before Naija did it. To each his own!
The job market in 2015 is going to be TOUGH, truth be told! People are already losing jobs and companies are already downsizing. There won't be as many adverts for jobs as this year unless the oil price improves. Just so you know, majority bod the job ads are just formalities , they already have their prefered candidates but they must advertise to fulfil all requirements.So if you don't have anything to WORRY ABOUT other than a MR or PR or whatever R, that's one thing for you to do and add to new year prayer list.
PR card doesn't pay the rent, bills or put food on the table, at times I wished it did though.

3. For those with children who are already here and are spending the child tax benefit the govt gives , that's the worst decision ever. At least , when I talk to Nigerians , they all say "they came here to give their kids a better life". So give them the " better life " you claim. Come to the bank and open an account for them and let the money go there . Tuition fees as is , is already on the hike and will continue in the coming years! You don't want your children to go to school on enormous student loans!

I may not have come to burst your bubbles but if I did, mission accomplished!

BaJay

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
This forum has really helped. Thanks to everyone for everyone word of encouragement. After chasing my passport for almost two weeks, I finally got my package today. May the Lord favour us all as we pursue better lives in Canada. For as many that are still expectant, the almight father will quicken the process for you in Jesus name.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Congrats Bajay.. So happy for you. Hope the bags are all packed.

BaJay said:
This forum has really helped. Thanks to everyone for everyone word of encouragement. After chasing my passport for almost two weeks, I finally got my package today. May the Lord favour us all as we pursue better lives in Canada. For as many that are still expectant, the almight father will quicken the process for you in Jesus name.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
BaJay said:
Congrats buddy .....
So happy the battle is won already ....
A very big AMEN to your prayers too....
Cheers

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
My dear people, we received our visas and CPRs yesterday. To God be all glory, honor, adoration and praise.

Here's my ''pick-up story'' with DHL:

My husband initiated pick-up with DHL-Awolowo road, Ikoyi last week Tuesday, Dec 16, 2014. They asked for authorization letter and the pick-up mail from Accra which we sent via email to the officer in charge. We called the next day and Thursday for a tracking number but we were told that DHL Accra hadn't sent it yet. The officer in charge told me that she'd send the tracking number to me as soon as she got it from Accra via email. Friday and Saturday came and still nothing but we decided to give them a break and not call them.

But by Monday, we were ready for them. When my husband called on Monday (yesterday), it was still same ol' story and the officer in charge (another person this time) added that Accra might dispatch the passports that day. We decided to contact DHL - Accra and good old Google came to the rescue. One of the numbers went through +233302213090 and we got our tracking number ''sharp sharp'' and the DHL staff added that the shipment was with the delivery courier on the way to the house. We confirmed this immediately we got off the phone and also discovered that our package had arrived at the sort facility in Lagos on Saturday. We proceeded to update the DHL office in Ikoyi with our tracking number. (Yes oh! Na we give them tracking number not the other way round! Ironic, isn't it?). We were again told that the shipment was on its way to the house, in addition the DHL officer gave us numbers to call concerning delivery of our package. When we called the number, we were again told that the package was on its way to the house and we were assured that it would get to us before the close of work which is 6 pm. Time flew past and still no sign of DHL. My husband started calling every hour and they insisted that the package was on its way to the house. At a point, my husband asked for the number of the dispatch rider but he was told that it was against company policy. By 5.45 pm, it was obvious that no one was coming and we'd lost our patience. My husband placed another call and vented his spleen on the staff that picked and insisted on getting the number of the dispatch rider. Reluctantly, the lady gave him the number and when my husband called the dispatch rider, he said that he'd been having trouble locating our address. I knew this was a big fat lie because we live in a central area and I even provided a landmark in the address I gave to them! The dispatch rider then told my husband that he wasn't coming to our address again and gave my husband the alternative of coming to meet him at their branch in Ilupeju! (Imagine ''orishirishi''). It was really upsetting but my husband decided to go to him even though I didn't like nor support the idea one bit.

Finally, by about 7.45 pm my husband came home with the package. He told me that the dispatch rider even wanted a tip from him (after all the hassle oh!) upon which he lambasted him. So my people, na so we waka with DHL! All in all, we thank God for His mercies and favors. I can't thank Him enough.

Happy holidays my people! Cheers. :D :D :D :D

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
Congratulations Okejji, Rozo, Aijaynwoke, UGBOSS, STARGIRL, ty, Bajay. :) :)