Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Emmy70 said:
Great post bro. However forumites, pls I already have another country visa stamped closest to the Canadian visa. Is this a serious problem?? Notably, one does not have control on which page any embassy decides to stamp their visa since you are not there while the visa is being tamped. Pls seniors what do you think? Do I need to contact Accra VO regarding this?
Proximity of stamped visa pages on an individual's passports is not an issue as far as I'm concern.
I still have a valid stamped UK visa close to my Canadian visa stamped page and it doesn't look to pose any serious future problem to me whatsoever.
Like you said,you do not have preference of control on the pages for which embassies will put there stamped visa.
From my understanding of what you said,it seems to me your passports are stamped already so contacting Accra visa office on this issue may not bring remedy as it's a done deal already and can not be rectified again.
If however you're yet to have your passports stamped,you can surely contact Accra to tell them your preference of pages to stamp it but you will need to tell them the reason for such request.
I'm sure they will honor it if the reasons for your request are genuine .
But like i said,it's always better off when your passports are not stamped yet.
Cheers

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dotsngr said:
Wow, now DTS wht I call grande finish for u n or family in 2014.

God bless you broda.

Happy new year to us all. May 2015 be our year of perfect landing in Canada in Jesus name, Amen

Thanks a lot. God bless you

Emmy70

Nov 11, 2014
kollins said:
Proximity of stamped visa pages on an individual's passports is not an issue as far as I'm concern.
I still have a valid stamped UK visa close to my Canadian visa stamped page and it doesn't look to pose any serious future problem to me whatsoever.
Like you said,you do not have preference of control on the pages for which embassies will put there stamped visa.
From my understanding of what you said,it seems to me your passports are stamped already so contacting Accra visa office on this issue may not bring remedy as it's a done deal already and can not be rectified again.
If however you're yet to have your passports stamped,you can surely contact Accra to tell them your preference of pages to stamp it but you will need to tell them the reason for such request.
I'm sure they will honor it if the reasons for your request are genuine .
But like i said,it's always better off when your passports are not stamped yet.
Cheers
Thanks Damkollins for the quick response. However, I was referring to the reply to Much_Mann's post by AVO, specifically the statement in green. I already have my Canadian visa stamped but just got another visa stamped next to it which invariably took the space closest to the PR visa.

concretejungle

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Nov. 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Emmy70 said:
Thanks Damkollins for the quick response. However, I was referring to the reply to Much_Mann's post by AVO, specifically the statement in green. I already have my Canadian visa stamped but just got another visa stamped next to it which invariably took the space closest to the PR visa.
Goodmorning Emmy70, we can change passports if you like o! I have several free spaces on my passport that Accra can use to rectify this situation :p :D

On a serious note, I dont think its a problem. As long as there is still a free space for an entry stamp when you land, you should be fine.

If you dont feel comfortable, I can Pm you my address to send d passport (dont worry I will pay for DHL).

Congrats on your visa, may you prosper in your new land.

CJ

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
concretejungle said:
Goodmorning Emmy70, we can change passports if you like o! I have several free spaces on my passport that Accra can use to rectify this situation :p :D

On a serious note, I dont think its a problem. As long as there is still a free space for an entry stamp when you land, you should be fine.

If you dont feel comfortable, I can Pm you my address to send d passport (dont worry I will pay for DHL).

Congrats on your visa, may you prosper in your new land.

CJ
:D ;D

4lashyme

Oct 22, 2014
kollins said:
Buddy .......
As already discussed ,the hyper increment in exchange rate may be the reason for the recent POF you sent.
Let your value of exchange rate for your Canadian dollar be like 165naira....with a further addition of about 10% of your POF for the 18,097CAD .
If possible ,try to send like about #3,200,000 for your family size to be on a safe side.
The fall in naira is not really helping matters.
Wishing you the best .
It's safe to assume that Accra is warming up for 2015 activities once again.
Cheers
Hello Kollins and other Great Forumites, thank you for your advice. i have gotten the POF statement that will be more than enough to cover AVO's demands. but i want to know if i will still have to mail it to them via DHL, FEDEX, UPS etc[I'm considering cost now], or send them a scanned copy via email [the cheaper option]?

Awaiting you advice Seniors.

thank you.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4lashyme said:
Hello Kollins and other Great Forumites, thank you for your advice. i have gotten the POF statement that will be more than enough to cover AVO's demands. but i want to know if i will still have to mail it to them via DHL, FEDEX, UPS etc[I'm considering cost now], or send them a scanned copy via email [the cheaper option]?

thank you.
Think of the "cost" if not sending the physical copies is a cause of denial... God forbid. I beg you my brother, in addition to sending the scanned copies, please courier the physical copies ASAP regardless of the cost.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Congrats 4lashyme.............May God go lay bear before your documents get there. My advise is you send with any of the cheapest courier in addition to your e-copy.

4lashyme said:

thank you.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
4lashyme said:
thank you.
Well said by @ kay_diwe2014 & @ kuskus already.
In situations like this,I don't like taking chances.
Firstly,send the electronic copy today/immediately(we have applicants that sent electronic copy and was positively responded to on the thread here).
Since you were given 30days and you seems to be looking at the Courier cost( :D ;D :p),Guess you can wait a bit till next weekend before sending it by Courier services as you may have gotten your positive response by then in form of passport request.The good thing is that they did not give any preference form they are expecting it.
Please prepare to send the hard copies latest next weekend (16th January,2015) but make it a point of duty to send the email attachments to Accra today.
Wish you best of luck.
Cheers.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People is it possible for permanent resident card to be sent to one in Naija after he might have landed Canada and returns immediately?

smilingme

May 22, 2014
Alberta
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Passport Req..
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2015
GENTLEANDREW said:
People is it possible for permanent resident card to be sent to one in Naija after he might have landed Canada and returns immediately?
The only way that can be achieved is if you have the card sent to a Canadian address and then have the someone from the address send it to Nigeria. That is a risk though considering how important the card

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smilingme said:
The only way that can be achieved is if you have the card sent to a Canadian address and then have the someone from the address send it to Nigeria. That is a risk though considering how important the card

Exactly what I am saying• But I want to believe that it is legal and it is what people have done before?

smilingme

May 22, 2014
Alberta
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Passport Req..
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2015
GENTLEANDREW said:
Exactly what I am saying• But I want to believe that it is legal and it is what people have done before?
Yes, it is legal. You can have the card sent to a relative or trusted friend