+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

tolex

Jan 24, 2013
ty said:
Happy new year to everyone, 2015 shall be our year of extravagant harvest (Amen). Pls I want to know if one needs a transit visa when transiting through the uk for less than 48 hours/if one's luggage will be checked by immigration, I read on their site that one needs a visa but concession can be given? Response needed urgently, pls

Ty;transit rule applies when u spending less than 24hrs at a destination; if it is more;it becomes a stopover point;then you will need a visa for that point. In ur case above;is ur less than 48 hrs;more than 24hrs?;if it is less than 24hrs then u don't need a transit visa; if u have a valid US or Canadian visa. Hope this helps

sega03

Jan 1, 2015
Dotsngr said:
Happy new year to you too! May God grant a success filled respons in 2015 IJN, Amen. Hmmm is it AOR or PER dt you received on April 28? If its the positive eligibilty mail, then you still need to wait patiently. Its nerve wracking, I agree but at least you got the PER. :D

My bad, it's PER received on the 28th April 2014. Too much copy and paste.

All shall be well. One must remain positive.

sega03

Jan 1, 2015
Pipis Husband said:
Hi and happy new year. You can add yourself to the spreadsheet using the link below my post. The second link will take you straight to the spreadsheet to see how we're doing. All the best.
@PipisHusband thanks a lot. Details added to the spreadsheet. Lots of folks are doing just fine and the timeline keeps getting better.

@Dotsngr thanks a lot. Really appreciate.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
sega03 said:
Did not think a forum as this existed. But i guess better late than never.

There is so much goodwill from what I've read so far on this forum. Almost bordering on being unreal but good job you lot are doing here.

Exceedingly happy for all those who have had positive responses and are in Canada already or will be enroute in the coming months and chin up to those not so fortunate and hopefully they can pick themselves up and have a go again.

For the seniors and forum moderators, please add my details to the spreadsheet o.

Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: Accra
NOC Code......: 2113
App. Filed.......: 03-April-2014
AOR Received.: 28-April-2014
IELTS Request: Sent with Application
Med's Request: Expectant

The wait is just nerve wrecking. Hopefully, we too, will have some good news to share with the house soon.

And this is cheers to a brand new year good people. 2015 will be kind to us and a big congrats to father of the new born.
Welcome here.....like you said already,better late than never been there at all.
Seems your details is already on the 2014 SS already but I'll surely find time to put your details on the 2013 SS here.
Just curious you're yet to hear anything from Accra since you belong to our stream and also in my NOC.
Have you had any form of correspondence from Accra all these while or none?
If there has been none,I'll prefer you send a gentle friendly mailmto Accra to request for the status of your application processing and seek to ask if you have not miss any mail from them.
Most of our collegues that seems to be expectant as you have gotten an assurance from Accra however little that they are on queue for processing .
I'll need you to get such assurance too.
Meanwhile ,hope your ECAS status is still showing "In processing"?
Just need you to take all precautions ......hoping to hear from you soonest.
Cheers

4lashyme

Oct 22, 2014
hello forumites, please I need ur advice on the below mail I got from AVO today.

we are about completing assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada in the skilled working category.

We have determined that you may be ineligible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financials requirements necessary for a family of 3 (CAD$18,097) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations:

The skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or

(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.

Before we make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you). Valuations of current property are not acceptable as proof of available funds.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to us. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information we will make our decision based on the information before us, which may result in the refusal of your application.

We look forward to receiving your additional information.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

AB

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
4lashyme said:
hello forumites, please I need ur advice on the below mail I got from AVO today.

we are about completing assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada in the skilled working category.

We have determined that you may be ineligible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financials requirements necessary for a family of 3 (CAD$18,097) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations:

The skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or

(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.

Before we make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you). Valuations of current property are not acceptable as proof of available funds.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to us. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information we will make our decision based on the information before us, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Sincerely,

AB
Show them enough POF!

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
4lashyme said:

The skilled worker must

Sincerely,
AB
Buddy .......
As already discussed ,the hyper increment in exchange rate may be the reason for the recent POF you sent.
Let your value of exchange rate for your Canadian dollar be like 165naira....with a further addition of about 10% of your POF for the 18,097CAD .
If possible ,try to send like about #3,200,000 for your family size to be on a safe side.
The fall in naira is not really helping matters.
Wishing you the best .
It's safe to assume that Accra is warming up for 2015 activities once again.
Cheers

Emmy70

Nov 11, 2014
Gofame said:
To this wonderful family God has raised here please rejoice with us as we have been blessed with a bouncing baby GIRL on the 1st of this year. This has ushered in great victory and success for us all in this forum.. Thanks everyone
Congrats Gofame! May the blessings that comes with the arrival of this baby extend to all your endeavors and those of all members of this forum. Happy 2015 to all.

Emmy70

Nov 11, 2014
sega03 said:
Dotsngr said:
Happy new year to you too! May God grant a success filled respons in 2015 IJN, Amen. Hmmm is it AOR or PER dt you received on April 28? If its the positive eligibilty mail, then you still need to wait patiently. Its nerve wracking, I agree but at least you got the PER. :D

My bad, it's PER received on the 28th April 2014. Too much copy and paste.

All shall be well. One must remain positive.

HisGrace

Mar 14, 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

I pray this year be is a glorious year for us all IJN - Amen.

What to find out if those who have received AOR, MR (Medical Request) and have done medicals last year would still apply for Express Entry or they don't need to as CIC would process their application on the previous system?

Thank you and regards

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
HisGrace said:
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

I pray this year be is a glorious year for us all IJN - Amen.

What to find out if those who have received AOR, MR (Medical Request) and have done medicals last year would still apply for Express Entry or they don't need to as CIC would process their application on the previous system?

Thank you and regards
No need to apply for express entry again once you have your credit card debited or your DD encashed already.Infact ,for applicants who were able to submit on the 31st December,2014 and they are sure no issues with their package,they can as well decide not to apply unless they are doubting their application package.
Summarily ,if you have your PER,AOR or done medicals already,NO NEEDS TO APPLY FOR EXPRESS ENTRY AGAIN as CIC will use the instruction manual available until 31st December ,2014 to process their application regardless of the new one that exist.
Cheers

akeme

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015
Nomination.....
10-10-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
Hello,

Please i need to know if both husband and wife applied for FSW, do they actually issue permanent resident visa to both partners or just the main applicant while the other partner is given some years of visa

I know of UK, they normally give only the main applicant indefinitely to remain while the spouse is given 5 years visa first then indefinitely to remain after that. Is this the same with Federal Skilled worker or they issue permenant resident to both partners

Your help will be really appreciated as i plan to add my wife to my application and need to know and understand the question above

Thanks

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
akeme said:
Hello,

Please i need to know if both husband and wife applied for FSW, do they actually issue permanent resident visa to both partners or just the main applicant while the other partner is given some years of visa

I know of UK, they normally give only the main applicant indefinitely to remain while the spouse is given 5 years visa first then indefinitely to remain after that. Is this the same with Federal Skilled worker or they issue permenant resident to both partners

Your help will be really appreciated as i plan to add my wife to my application and need to know and understand the question above

Thanks
Both will have PRV same time.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
akeme said:
Hello,

Thanks
@ bensonams gave you a perfect response
Once the application is successful .....all the dependants attached/listed with the principal applicants will have the same status visa with no difference whatsoever .....hence,all will get permanent residence visas even if there is an adopted dependant in the application,and has been proved to be so with relevant supporting documents ,he or she will also get a permanent resident visa.
Summarily,Hubby ,Wifey ,Biological children and legally adopted children that have been listed at the submission stage will at the end of the process get permanent residence visas.
If any of the dependants i listed above were also added to the principal applicant at any stage of the process with adequate supporting documents and the principal applicant have duly notified the local visa office of such additions ,the additions will also have permanent residence visas too.
This may be inform of the principal applicant getting married,or a couple welcoming new born and/or a couple legally adopting a child ........when all these happens during any stage of the processing and the information is duly communicated to the local visa office processing the application ,they will all be entitled to permanent resident visas.
All information given above are valid for the FSWP that just ended on 31st December ,2014 and so i can not realistically guarantee it will be the same for express entry....but i want to believe it will be same.
Cheers