Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Hi Oscartan,
I had mine at Prime since i reside in PH. Was pretty straight forward but you should arrive early if you intend leaving early. I suggest you cancell all appointments until noon at earliest. Got there at 8am and had 4 families ahead of me with a total of 13 people.
They asked me to write down my name and wait for my turn. When it got to my turn, they asked for my passport and then asked me to complete a form. After that they measured my BP and gave me a bottle for my urine sample.
Then I was asked to wait to see a doctor who asked me some questions about my medical history before doing very minor physical examinations.
After that i was given a document and was asked to go to the lab to drop my blood sample.
The Chest X Ray was the last stage and it holds at Pix Center at Rumuomasi. You go there with the documents Prime will give to you and have your X Ray there. After that you can go home and wait to see the line 'Medical Results Have Been Received' ..lol

oscartan said:
Thanks for the info.
Anybody with particular experience with Prime Medical Consultants?

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
thebaft said:
I do not know if this has been shared before, but for those of us who are interested in knowing what goes on behind the scenes during our immigration medical exams, kindly look at the hand book in the link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/index.asp
Chapter 4 discusses the examination process and it is really informative. Cheers!
Thanks.... very useful info

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
nanonye said:
Hi Oscartan,
I had mine at Prime since i reside in PH. Was pretty straight forward but you should arrive early if you intend leaving early. I suggest you cancell all appointments until noon at earliest. Got there at 8am and had 4 families ahead of me with a total of 13 people.
They askes me to write dowm my name and wair for my turn. When it got to my turn, they asked for my passport and then asked me to complete a form. After that they measured my BP and gave me a bottle for my urine sample.
Then I was asked to wait to see a doctor who asked me some questions about my medical history before doing very minor physical examinations.
After that i was given a document and was asked to go to the lab to drop my blood sample.
The Chest X Ray was the last stage and it holds at Pix Center at Rumuomasi. You go there with the documents Prime will give to you and have your X Ray there. After that you can go home and wait to see the line 'Medical Results Have Been Received' ..lol
Great one. Thanks for the detailed info. Plan to go there this week. Do they have specific days of the week for the medicals and do you have to make any prior appointment?

Cocodio

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with Application
Nomination.....
PER received on 05-06-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2014
LANDED..........
June 2015
oscartan said:
For those who have completed their Medicals I have a few questions:
  • Is there any general advice or guidelines to observe prior to the test?
    How many days does it take to run the tests?
    Will you be given a copy of the test results by the hospital or will they be sent to AVO directly?
    How much does the test take if you have a family of 6?
Thanks for the anticipated response.
We did ours at The Consultant Practice. Ensure that you do not panic so as to prevent your BP from rising. The test results will be sent to AVO on eMedical platform. The test is 28k per person for both adults and kids. They only accept payment through POS no cash.

Cocodio

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER received on 05-06-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2014
LANDED..........
June 2015
Floxzy said:
For those who have been sending me PMs about pof and what to carry to Canada etc. Let me first say that POF ends at Accra. immigration isn't expecting you to put 26k dollars in your pocket o. they will ask but it's just for then to put it in file only if it exceeds 10k dollars. I told them I am not carrying up to 10k dollars with me and they just said fine then nothing to document you can go. I travelled with my family of 5 and we are settled in Calgary now. Still trying to get some important docs through but have opened an account, obtained my SIN, health card remaining drivers license.
Please note also that temperature is dropping to as low as -20 in Alberta. so if you are coming in winter, get all the warmers you can. There are charity stores here that also sells clothes and boots at very cheap prices. Come with your Nigeria drivers license and kids immunization certificates. commit your journey to God and pray. We didn't have money but God have blessed us with a wonderful family that is transporting us, feeding us, housing us and entertaining us. You can imagine. our kids can now start schools while we get jobs and rent home.
I wish you all success.
Congratulations. May you and your family prosper in all your endeavours over there.

maskuraid

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2013
AOR Received.
06/01/2014
Dear AVO,

We're about to start another week, another chance for you to send that long awaited mail. May God help you to be the harbinger of great news/updates this coming week.

Amen.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Floxzy said:
For those who have been sending me PMs about pof and what to carry to Canada etc. Let me first say that POF ends at Accra. immigration isn't expecting you to put 26k dollars in your pocket o. they will ask but it's just for then to put it in file only if it exceeds 10k dollars. I told them I am not carrying up to 10k dollars with me and they just said fine then nothing to document you can go. I travelled with my family of 5 and we are settled in Calgary now. Still trying to get some important docs through but have opened an account, obtained my SIN, health card remaining drivers license.
Please note also that temperature is dropping to as low as -20 in Alberta. so if you are coming in winter, get all the warmers you can. There are charity stores here that also sells clothes and boots at very cheap prices. Come with your Nigeria drivers license and kids immunization certificates. commit your journey to God and pray. We didn't have money but God have blessed us with a wonderful family that is transporting us, feeding us, housing us and entertaining us. You can imagine. our kids can now start schools while we get jobs and rent home.
I wish you all success.
Thanks for the information. May the favour you get continue to abound. Also, may God grant us still waiting his speed till we get our PRVs and settle.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
maskuraid said:
Dear AVO,

We're about to start another week, another chance for you to send that long awaited mail. May God help you to be the harbinger of great news/updates this coming week.

Amen.
Your expectation shall not be cut off in Jesus name.

We declare that your file is brought to the forefront n u obtain positive news IJN

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
maskuraid said:
Dear AVO,

Amen.
Amen .
Good news shall our portion this week IJN.
Shout of Joy will continue for every expectant applicant .
Cheers

Don2263

Dec 17, 2013
maskuraid said:
Dear AVO,

Amen.
A big Amen to that.

tinnyfrontier

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Nomination.....
12-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
maskuraid said:
Dear AVO,

Amen.
Ameen

DD-Rum

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2014
LANDED..........
Q1 2015
maskuraid said:
Dear AVO,

Amen.
Amen! This is your week

Naija babe2

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/07/2013
AOR Received.
03/10/13
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
02/10/14
Med's Done....
5/10/14
Passport Req..
10/11/14
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/14
Happy new week everyone.

Passports went out today to Accra. For those that already got thier pickup mail pls what is the average wait period to get pickup mail?

Thanks

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day people•

Who has an idea of when the second line and third line are always updated on our staus? Is it possible to have received ones document and it is not updated immediately? How long does this usually take?

Floxzy

May 22, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
A few days after your arrival, ECAS will change to: "You entered Canada at the xxxxxxxxx International Airport, Terminal No. xxxxxx office on xxxxxxxxxx and became a Permanent Resident".
Goodluck to everyone.