+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIANS THAT HAVE APPLIED FOR EXPRESS ENTRY 2015 LET US CONNECT HERE

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,

Please I recently got ITA and I am gathering my docs. However, I am confused regarding the POF stuff....as some are saying the bank needs to write your average amount in the past six month.

Kindly confirm if GTB will do that OR the Reference letter and 6 months bank statement from GTB is enough as I do not want my application rejected.

Also I believe PCC - finger print (Police Certificate) is done at Alagbon Ikoyi Lagos? I am in canada at the moment so I need to get things right since I am not in the country

Your response will be appreciated.

Regards,
T.

jasmine4u

Dec 17, 2014
timmituyi said:
All,

Please I recently got ITA and I am gathering my docs. However, I am confused regarding the POF stuff....as some are saying the bank needs to write your average amount in the past six month.

Kindly confirm if GTB will do that OR the Reference letter and 6 months bank statement from GTB is enough as I do not want my application rejected.

If you have a Canadian bank account that would be fine. What stream where u invited under?

Also I believe PCC - finger print (Police Certificate) is done at Alagbon Ikoyi Lagos? I am in canada at the moment so I need to get things right since I am not in the country
Alagbon is the place for PCC.
if you have friends or family in lagos. Ask them to get it for u and scan it. Then they can post it after.....

Regards,
T.

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the prompt response Jasmine4u.

I am the principal applicant and I am on visitor visa....awaiting my OWP based on my spouse Study permit.

Spouse has Canadian bank account but the fund is not enough so I have to show mine.....cos we are a family of four.

I was invited under FSW program......Just wondering if the normal bank reference ltr and 6 months bank statement from GTB will suffice.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
timmituyi said:
All,

Regards,
T.
Hi,

I do not know anything about GTB so cant tell you if you can get a letter for CICs specification. However, you can use a reference letter and a 6 months statement.
For Nigerias PCC, you can check details from this link. http://www.nigeriacrb.com/apply_now.htm
They are pretty quick, you can get your PCC as quick as 10 working days

Hope this helps, best of luck!

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Ibyt.

I am just curious so as to ensure I submit required POF, that is why I am asking from those that have submitted before now.

I guess i will have to use the bank reference ltr and 6 months bank statement like that.

Regards,
T.

Ibyt said:
Hi,

I do not know anything about GTB so cant tell you if you can get a letter for CICs specification. However, you can use a reference letter and a 6 months statement.
For Nigerias PCC, you can check details from this link. http://www.nigeriacrb.com/apply_now.htm
They are pretty quick, you can get your PCC as quick as 10 working days

Hope this helps, best of luck!

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Has anyone seen this mid year EE report?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-midyear-2015.asp

Its quite surprising that just about roughly 200 or less Nigerians have been invited, it seems a bit low but I guess this thread also shows that not very many Nigerians have applied under EE because it should be more active than it is.

Jazzman

Apr 25, 2015
Hi fellows,
Has anyone used the CIC crs tool to calculate points and does it tally with the points scored by the EE system?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
Please I would like to ask if i can start filling my Express Entry Application before getting my IELTS Scores. I actually have an old score which i could use, however, i wrote the exam again on the 1st of august 2015 and i am hoping for a better score.
The reason i want to start filling is that i want to be very meticulous about the form and i really do not want to be in a rush. I believe CIC would soon invite new set of applicants and i want to be part of them.
Applying from Nigeria, I Have a BSC and also 5 years Working experience with a multinational
Kindly advice thank you.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jazzman said:
Hi fellows,
Has anyone used the CIC crs tool to calculate points and does it tally with the points scored by the EE system?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Hi,

I used the tool and it gave me like 5 -10 points more, can't really remember again but all you need with the tool is an estimate, which will be given
Managerchap said:
Hello,
Please I would like to ask if i can start filling my Express Entry Application before getting my IELTS Scores. I actually have an old score which i could use, however, i wrote the exam again on the 1st of august 2015 and i am hoping for a better score.
The reason i want to start filling is that i want to be very meticulous about the form and i really do not want to be in a rush. I believe CIC would soon invite new set of applicants and i want to be part of them.
Applying from Nigeria, I Have a BSC and also 5 years Working experience with a multinational
Kindly advice thank you.
Hi,
Yes it is good to start filling your forms, it depends on what you score you think you will get in the new test. With a BSC, you will not get a high score for education so it is very important to have a very good (CLB 9 and above) IELTS score. Your age too counts so hopefully you get enough points for an ITA.

You can use the tool above to get an estimate score. If you can get 451 with either your old score or your proposed new score, you will be sure of getting an ITA in the next couple of draws.

By the way, have you done an ECA?

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibyt said:
Hi,

I used the tool and it gave me like 5 -10 points more, can't really remember again but all you need with the tool is an estimate, which will be given
Hi,
Yes it is good to start filling your forms, it depends on what you score you think you will get in the new test. With a BSC, you will not get a high score for education so it is very important to have a very good (CLB 9 and above) IELTS score. Your age too counts so hopefully you get enough points for an ITA.

You can use the tool above to get an estimate score. If you can get 451 with either your old score or your proposed new score, you will be sure of getting an ITA in the next couple of draws.

By the way, have you done an ECA?
Thanks for your response, I have sent my documents to WES two weeks ago but no reply yet from them.
I have also used the tool to calculate my points came out with 469.

Another question i would like to ask is if i can get my IT professional courses assessed so as to increase my points on Education. I have 3 IT professional courses however most of them do-not come with a detailed transcripts(Its just Pass or Fail) is it possible to have my IT courses assessed ?? if Yes, how thanks

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Managerchap said:
Thanks for your response, I have sent my documents to WES two weeks ago but no reply yet from them.
I have also used the tool to calculate my points came out with 469.

Another question i would like to ask is if i can get my IT professional courses assessed so as to increase my points on Education. I have 3 IT professional courses however most of them do-not come with a detailed transcripts(Its just Pass or Fail) is it possible to have my IT courses assessed ?? if Yes, how thanks
WES takes about a month to process an application so you should get your ECA result around the same time you get your IELTS.

I am not an IT person and can't give you an advice on that area but if you wanted to do an IT assessment for your profile, you should have done it with the one you sent two weeks ago else you will have to wait again.

But if your score is an estimate of 469 without the IT assessment, I would imagine that you will get an ITA in a few more draws and might not need an IT assessment.

faxismile

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,
Tried getting my proof of funds from GTB and was told that they cant give me in the format CIC requires. I however got a reference letter and a 6 month bnk statement.
Did this happen to anybody else?

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
faxismile said:
Hello Guys,
Tried getting my proof of funds from GTB and was told that they cant give me in the format CIC requires. I however got a reference letter and a 6 month bnk statement.
Did this happen to anybody else?
Hi,
I think that's what has happened to everyone using a Nigerian bank account as proof of funds. These banks simply just don't write reference letters in the format required by CIC. I think the basic reference letter and the 6 months bank statement would suffice.
Goodluck with your application!