+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Lagos is where you gonna get passport request from for your visa. but for a while now in this pandemic lagos VFS hasn't been requesting passport to finalize application. the are currently working of passport received on or before March 2020 and returning passport via courier. So its might be a while or soon for Marco Mendicino to change the rules for lagos to resume processing. but once they resume then you will get it cos your application is in the last stage once it gets moved to a visa office.
I want to apply for permanent residence. If I say my spouse is not coming with me to Canada, I will gain more points that will give me ITA quick. Would I be able to sponsor my wife and kids later if I get permanent residence/

Reactions: sharonb

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
I want to apply for permanent residence. If I say my spouse is not coming with me to Canada, I will gain more points that will give me ITA quick. Would I be able to sponsor my wife and kids later if I get permanent residence/
if you put you wife and kids as non-accompany and you apply they will still require them to do medicals and submit police report and fingerprint. after you get PR and you land in Canada you can decided to sponsor them. that will be under the family class/family sponsorship. you will need a job or prove of funds later to show you can support them once they land.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
if you put you wife and kids as non-accompany and you apply they will still require them to do medicals and submit police report and fingerprint. after you get PR and you land in Canada you can decided to sponsor them. that will be under the family class/family sponsorship. you will need a job or prove of funds later to show you can support them once they land.
Thanks a lot. I think this may be a better option for me.

Allenstreak

Jul 17, 2019
Hello Naija Group.
It feels good to see a group of your own people.

I have some problems please, and I really need all the help I can get.

My wife is the Principal applicant (May 2019) and we got married after she submitted her application. We have informed CIC of this new status, and they recently sent us a spouse update request In March 2020, before Covid happened and everything halted. Nothing has moved ever since on our application.

Our problems are:

1) My wife still bears her Family surname (as it was on her application) , we decided to leave it that way after marriage since we got advise that surnames do not matter.
Should she change her own surname to mine now? Or it still doesn't matter?

2) We are expecting a baby very soon. Would our baby's surname (my surname) on the Birth certificate create any issues as my wife's surname is still different from mine?

I really hope to get answers please, as these issues are bothering her. And I really need her to be calm and not worried.

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Hello Naija Group.

My wife is the Principal applicant (May 2019) and we got married after she submitted her application. We have informed CIC of this new status, and they recently sent us a spouse update request In March 2020, before Covid happened and everything halted. Nothing has moved ever since on our application.

Our problems are:

1) My wife still bears her Family surname (as it was on her application) , we decided to leave it that way after marriage since we got advise that surnames do not matter.

2) We are expecting a baby very soon. Would our baby's surname (my surname) on the Birth certificate create any issues as my wife's surname is still different from mine?

I really hope to get answers please, as these issues are bothering her. And I really need her to be calm and not worried.
no don't bother about those things. i am the principal applicant submitted my husband document last year August after we got married. He was added on my GCkey as dependent in Nov. i still kept my last name i didn't take his last name yet. and everything has been going successfully. your baby takes your last name (father's last name) it doesn't matter because when you are submitting the baby's birth cert. the mothers name is listed on it as well as the father's name (yours) that's the way the hospital writes it. so you don't need to worry at all.

Reactions: Allenstreak

MimGlo

Jan 5, 2019
Hello Naija Group.

Our problems are:

You definitely have no cause to worry about those things, mate. Let your wife keep her name as is on the application and your baby bears yours. All the parents' names will be listed on the birth certificate.

Only just ensure that your proof of funds will increase to accommodate the baby........

Allenstreak

Jul 17, 2019
no don't bother about those things. i am the principal applicant submitted my husband document last year August after we got married. He was added on my GCkey as dependent in Nov. i still kept my last name i didn't take his last name yet. and everything has been going successfully. your baby takes your last name (father's last name) it doesn't matter because when you are submitting the baby's birth cert. the mothers name is listed on it as well as the father's name (yours) that's the way the hospital writes it. so you don't need to worry at all.
Thank you Nneoma.

Allenstreak

Jul 17, 2019
Than
You definitely have no cause to worry about those things, mate. Let your wife keep her name as is on the application and your baby bears yours. All the parents' names will be listed on the birth certificate.

Only just ensure that your proof of funds will increase to accommodate the baby........
Thanks a whole lot. And also for the reminder that we'd need the POF!

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
am i right or wrong because i have tried for up to three months to get a bank draft in Canadian dollars to no avail and CIO would not accept us Dollars

Olaoluadefemi

Mar 18, 2020
Hello Naija Group.

Our problems are:

All that isn't a problem. I also added spouse as dependant after marriage. But get prepared to info them of your baby after arrival.

taity

Oct 20, 2020
my peeps

i submitted my application with my reference letter written by my boss on a plain sheet of paper, pay slips and idcard, bosses call and idcard but Accra sent same to HR for verification, ofcourse HR personnel refuses to respond to the enquiry as it did not emanate from HR . Now Accra requested for my SOA showing salary dep as there was no response , which i sent in and was verified ok, pls what chances do i have or what can i do. please note the two documents are from same establishment. Are there other ways verifications are done. awaiting your views

thanks loads

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
my peeps

i submitted my application with my reference letter written by my boss on a plain sheet of paper, pay slips and idcard, bosses call and idcard but Accra sent same to HR for verification, ofcourse HR personnel refuses to respond to the enquiry as it did not emanate from HR . Now Accra requested for my SOA showing salary dep as there was no response , which i sent in and was verified ok, pls what chances do i have or what can i do. please note the two documents are from same establishment. Are there other ways verifications are done. awaiting your views

thanks loads
How did you know that Accra sent an email to your HR and that your HR got the email and refused to respond to it. Did either party tell you about it, or are you just assuming based on the fact that Accra asked for SOA showing salary deposits?
Does CIC send out verification emails to every employment, or do they also employ other means of verifying employment besides emails to the HR?

I'm just curious to know because I haven't been notified by my office about any email from CIC yet, and I'm 9months post AOR.

And to douse your worries, I think you're good to go if the SOA you submitted clearly shows deposits made by your employer in your favour. That's proof enough that you're indeed employed by that company as you have claimed in your application. At least that's what I think.

TripleE01

May 24, 2019
my peeps

thanks loads
The know that some offices refuse to acknowledge their emails so you have still got a good chance if the pay slips you sent are genuine!!!