+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
igbehinadara said:
Hi Jada,

The payment for your baby will be done in Ghana bank draft(cedis).CIC would not accept draft less than cad 300.You can confirm from MOT and KKIL ,their baby's draft was returned and they had to re issue in cedis.

All the best.

Ig

"Please note that only bank instruments of $US 300 or more can be accepted. For fees that total less than the equivalent of $US 300, fees must be paid using bank instruments in either Canadian dollars or Ghanaian cedis".

I guess the choice is either CAN or CEDI's not necessarily cedis for fees less than 300USD

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Hi Jada,

The payment for your baby will be done in Ghana bank draft(cedis).CIC would not accept draft less than cad 300.You can confirm from MOT and KKIL ,their baby's draft was returned and they had to re issue in cedis.

All the best.

Ig
Ig look at this:
Please note that only bank instruments of $US 300 or more can be accepted. For fees that total less than the equivalent of $US 300, fees must be paid using bank instruments in either Canadian dollars or Ghanaian cedis.

The emphasis is on less than $US300, the $150CAD is acceptable and that excerpt was culled from CIC Ghana website. This is my understanding.

Reddish,when did you pay your child's processing fee?

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jada said:
Ig look at this:
Please note that only bank instruments of $US 300 or more can be accepted. For fees that total less than the equivalent of $US 300, fees must be paid using bank instruments in either Canadian dollars or Ghanaian cedis.

The emphasis is on less than $US300, the $150CAD is acceptable and that excerpt was culled from CIC Ghana website. This is my understanding.

Yep quite agree with you Jada. As I posted earlier, 300USD . So you may choose a 150cedi or 150CAD draft both of which should be acceptable. Except MOT can explain better!!

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, the reference to CIC is quite understood. But my advise is, if you pay in Ghana Ceedis, you save a lots of troubles. How do you want tackle the currency rate which changes now and then.

Here is a personal experience with myself and IG: Ig wanted to pay for her dependants and bought a bankdraft in canada currency, I took the bankdraft to Ghana on her behalf when i was going to collect my visa, The bankdraft was turned down due to the slight increase in exchange rate.

The visa officer whom i spoke with recommended that it should be done in Ceedis to avoid the exchange rate issue and if the total amount is less or more than $1 it will be turned down. Ig, later had to travel to Ghana with me for the second time to buy the bankdraft in Ghana ceedis. Look at the money and time wasted in to-fro flight ticketings to Ghana and the delay involved. You can avoid this unusaul scenerio by learning from other who had already cross the bridge which you are about to cross, if not you will find yourself in the same shoes. If you paying PPRF then, make sure you buy in canadian currency, cos only the receiver general can cash such draft.

Another good examples are MOT and KKL who also paid in canadian currency, after 3-4 months of being told that the draft had been cashed, they were later asked to re-purchase a new draft in Ceedis. If i were in this shoes, i will buy a bankdraft in Chana Ceedis. But life is about choice, we all have the rights to whatever choices we choose

REGARDS

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seglad said:
Yes, the reference to CIC is quite understood. But my advise is, if you pay in Ghana Ceedis, you save a lots of troubles. How do you want tackle the currency rate which changes now and then.

Here is a personal experience with myself and IG: Ig wanted to pay for her dependants and bought a bankdraft in canada currency, I took the bankdraft to Ghana on her behalf when i was going to collect my visa, The bankdraft was turned down due to the slight increase in exchange rate.

The visa officer whom i spoke with recommended that it should be done in Ceedis to avoid the exchange rate issue and if the total amount is less or more than $1 it will be turned down. Ig, later had to travel to Ghana with me for the second time to buy the bankdraft in Ghana ceedis. Look at the money and time wasted in to-fro flight ticketings to Ghana and the delay involved. You can avoid this unusaul scenerio by learning from other who had already cross the bridge which you are about to cross, if not you will find yourself in the same shoes. If you paying PPRF then, make sure you buy in canadian currency, cos only the receiver general can cash such draft.

Another good examples are MOT and KKL who also paid in canadian currency, after 3-4 months of being told that the draft had been cashed, they were later asked to re-purchase a new draft in Ceedis. If i were in this shoes, i will buy a bankdraft in Chana Ceedis. But life is about choice, we all have the rights to whatever choices we choose

REGARDS

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seglad said:

REGARDS

Thanks Seglad,
My question is where does one get a GHANIAN DRAFT from!!!!!

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seglad said:

REGARDS
Can GTB also issue a draft in CEDIS???

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OBIE said:
Can GTB also issue a draft in CEDIS???
You may ask GTB, please or send a PM to IG, MOT,KKL inorder to be informed on how they went about it.

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seglad said:
You may ask GTB, please or send a PM to IG, MOT,KKL inorder to be informed on how they went about it.
Thanks

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Hello Guys,

How is every body doing? Have not hooked up since our May 2011 meeting. It was pretty nice meeting you all and pray our efforts will not go in vain.

To Reddish and Jada, I say a big congratulations to you guys and wish you well as you go through the other little things to finalise you PR.

How do I see the pictures taken the last meeting?

Any 2005 applicant with latest information to share.

Regards,

Emperor

ugoc

Jun 7, 2011
Hello naija pas and mas in the House am new to this forum and would need your assistance as time goes on. Am interested in the immigration process and just waiting for July when the new list of NOCs will be released.

ugoc

reddish

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2009
Doc's Request.
27-10-2009
IELTS Request
02-02-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2011
Med's Done....
11-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 -08- 2011
LANDED..........
Nov. 2011
Jada said:
Ig look at this:

I paid in may and in cad$, nothing in the email i got from accra suggest the fee was not acceptable.

Imole

Dec 30, 2010
I thank you all. I pray that more people move up the ladder in this 'waiting' and finally we shall all land in peace @ CA.