+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Pilele01

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2011 FOR QCS
Doc's Request.
7 march 2013 for court disposition letter, RPRF
Nomination.....
QCS Received 9 Nov 12
AOR Received.
Medical result received on ecas march 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
3 Dec 2012 rec in Novo Scotia
Med's Request
Feb 7, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2013
Interview........
9 Nov 2012 for QCS
Passport Req..
7/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2013
LANDED..........
Landed in montrel 2/11/2013.
KEMKE said:
Hi House

I do agree with Temi as I received my MR in the afternoon,Its just like a dream considering the issues I had with POF.I owe it to God entirely. Mandie yours is just by the corner as I remember we were asked for updates about the same time.Thanks to everyone n congrats Spooks.
congratulation on your MR. This shows ACCRA has not forgotten about us. Let hope we receive more next week.

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
KEMKE said:
Hi House

I do agree with Temi as I received my MR in the afternoon,Its just like a dream considering the issues I had with POF.I owe it to God entirely. Mandie yours is just by the corner as I remember we were asked for updates about the same time.Thanks to everyone n congrats Spooks.
Congrats Kemke on your MR.wishing you the best in the remaining process!!

gel003

Sep 27, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2011
AOR Received.
In Process 16-07-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
KEMKE said:
Hi House

Congratulations on the receipt of your MR.. God is sure on our various cases. More MRs oooooo Accra. Lol.

Temi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/02/2012
AOR Received.
21/03/2012
Med's Request
30/01/2014
Med's Done....
7/02/2014
Interview........
13th May 2014
Passport Req..
13th May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
13th May 2014
Thank u kemke and congrats on your MR. The rain is here, pls get your umbrella less u get soaked. Another good news again. A friend from my place has also received RPLF yesterday. I was just informed now. Both guys are never members of this forum. The first guy applied in march 2011.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
KEMKE said:
Hi House

Oh this is subh a wonderful news...congrats Kemke!!! Were you asked for POF with the MR?
*Mandie*

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
ayd said:
Haba Emperor, after all this time! i be woman o~~~~ :mad:
My sister no vex. For this Canadian immigration issue, wey person dey think of PPR, person fit mix man for woman. ;D

Enjoy your new life in Canada my sister. ;)

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
babakura said:
WORDS OF ADVICE
DRIVING - When you arrive the first thing you need to get done after opening a bank account or applying for SIN is to apply for your driver's licence. Instead of carrying your passport around, your drivers licence is the best form of ID you can carry around in your wallet( I know no one wants to lose his/her Nigerian passport because of the hassles involved in procuring a new one and could take up to a year or more to get another one in Canada as Nigerian High Commission will have to write Immigration Office in Abuja and all sorts of rubbish you don't wanna go through at all).

You don't actually need to have a car to get a drivers licence (all you need do is pass the written test). Also if you have been driving before in Nigeria or wherever pls bring your drivers licence (if Nigerian licence subject to verification from Nigeria High Commission, Ottawa) you might be exempted from some stages but the first test which is the written and the final which is highway driving under the watchful eyes of a licensing official are mandatory.

To get a drivers licence you will need to pass a written test of multiple choice questions based on traffic regulations and road laws, after passing you have to actually drive and subject to a test to proceed to the next graduating level. Driver licensing in all provinces of Canada have graduating levels.
Alberta - http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/Drivers_Licence.cfm
Manitoba - http://www.mpi.mb.ca/en/DL/DL/Pages/driver-licensing.aspx
Ontario - http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/driving-and-roads
you can google ( province name then driver licensing) for other provinces if so interested or applies.

DUI (Driving Under the Influence)- I use take GOD beg you no drink and drive oooo (not just alcohol but also hard drugs ) .. This is not Nigeria that we do all sorts. You might not be caught but the day you get caught it will not be funny . There are serious consequences for DUI offences from getting demerit points on your licence to suspension of your licence for months and sometimes if alcohol level in your system is too high you could be arrested, car impounded for some days or wks depending and in some cases taken to COURT !! yes COURT !!!.

Should you end up in COURT you might need the services of a lawyer and that's some thousand's of $$$.

Should you get convicted that's a CRIMINAL RECORD right there and that could affect your life negatively. To get a real job in most cases (not factory jobs or coffee serving) they require background, criminal and credit checks, some employers will not give you the job and some might give you the benefit of the doubt OR maybe you need police record for immigration purposes that's a stain and this isn't naija where records are easily erased (Some records take years for them to be removed against your name while some are there forever).

Scenario 1:- Lets say your work involves driving company vehicle everyday and your licence gets suspended don't even bother going to work because you have fired yourself .
Scenario 2:- Lets say you got caught last year and your licence has been reinstated but you got another job requiring you to provide your drivers abstract for the past 5 years .. you might not get the job because the company will be skeptical about entrusting their vehicle to you.
Should your work not involve the above you still need to maintain a clean record as much as possible because you just never know when you will need your record.

DRIVING WITHOUT INSURANCE:- If you cannot afford to pay for car insurance its better you don't drive at all . Insurance premium rates from as lowas $100 to $400 a month or even higher depending on your province of residence , how recent your car model is or how many accidents you had in the past . Canadian cities have very good road transportation network but services are reduced at night after 7pm depending on where you live.

Always be alert:- Always be patient when driving and obey traffic regulations .. fine ranges and depending on the by-law code .. for example let's say a fire truck or ambulance is blaring its siren and you didn't give way by parking on the side for the ambulance to have right of way and you are caught that $490 fine (that's for Ontario but other provinces will be around that amount).

Always pay your fine(s) when due because all your information are linked and one day they might to send your information to collections .. Concerning collections, I will be talking about that in my next WORDS OF ADVICE titled FINANCES.

NOTE: These are informational just to guide and advice you that Canada is not a lawless country as Nigeria where we all came from. Kindly add more for the benefit of the populace because when these situations happen people don't tell because of the fear of abuse from friends or family alike and they are grave issues we need to tackle .Cheers
Nice one babakura. +1 for you.

Jovic

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Doc's Request.
12-05-2010
Med's Request
26-04-2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Passport Req..
27-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
Dear well wishers,
Thanks for your best wishes, that's appreciated u're to numerous to mention. I feel real good and elated.
Jovic

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
Oluwagbemileke said:
Beautiful People,
Thank you for your important responses to my enquiries so far. May God's face keep shining upon us for good. I say thank you.

Now, talking about Police report. Please, I need your views. Is Alagbon office the only approved station by CIC to get a Police report or can I use Area F at Ikeja?

Please, I will appreciate your responses. I am still busy with the document gathering things. It's not quite easy in this part of the world :-X

Have a great day all.

Alagbon is the only one. All the best in your quest to gather your documents.

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
[quote
author=Double portion
link=topic=30420.msg2203942#msg2203942 date=1365805502]

This reply was,copied and pasted from the cic website.
How to obtain a police certificate - Nigeria
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent
residence?
Yes. However, the certificate will be released directly to the Canadian
visa office upon request.

How and where do I obtain one?

Local Requests
Applicants should apply in person with their valid passport, two
passport photographs and the applicable fees. Residents of Nigeria
should apply to:

Central Criminal Registry
Force C.I.D. Annex
Alagbon Close Ikoyi
Lagos, Nigeria

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should apply by courier to the Commissioner of Police at the
address above, to the attention of Inspector Usman Mohammed (telephone:
08033696178). Applicants should provide a pre-paid return courier
envelope, a copy of their passport and a set of fingerprints taken and
certified by a recognized police authority or the Nigerian embassy or
consulate, and an international money order payable to the Nigerian
Police Force, CID. Police certificates may be certified at the nearest
Nigerian embassy or consulate for a fee.

All the best in your quest to gather your documents.

[/quote]

@Double Portion,great efforts you have made,however do please do away
with the above post as it is against our guidance and rules.

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
chinny09 said:
Hi Kayb
I'm starting all over.I've taken ielts again score 8.I'm confused on cred assessments,I'm a pharmacist .have they released the new rules? I also want to knw how long cred assessments will take cos I want to apply as soon as the embargo is lifted I'm also appealing that I should be carried along by as many as possible. God bless you all thanks
No rule yet. As for the cred assessment, I learnt it takes 3 months with IQAS. Though they claim they don't assess for immigration purposes as at now, but their processing time should give you an insight. They are yet to release the assessment organizations that have been approved to carry out the cred. Assessments. Always visit the CIC website for information too.

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
spicey said:
@ Double Portion,great efforts you have made,however do please do away
with the above post as it is against our guidance and rules.
Thanks for the prompt response. Correction noted and instructions carried out.

Jovic

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Doc's Request.
12-05-2010
Med's Request
26-04-2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Passport Req..
27-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
@ Those that are coming to Calgary soon

Are you coming to Calgary soon? I need your help please, new driver's license I registered for was not out before I left Nigeria, they gave me temporary one and it has expired after 3 months, anyone coming to Calgary Shortly should please PM me then we can discuss how you can be of help.

Lesson.
Renew your driver's license before you come to Canada, bring your international driving license if you have one, living without having car here is not easy but not impossible. If one does not have personal means of transporting himself, it may be to his disadvantage in job hunting.
Jovic

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
Temi said:
Thank u kemke and congrats on your MR. The rain is here, pls get your umbrella less u get soaked. Another good news again. A friend from my place has also received RPLF yesterday. I was just informed now. Both guys are never members of this forum. The first guy applied in march 2011.
Thanks for these refreshing news. Please what does RPLF stand for?

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Double portion said:
Thanks for these refreshing news. Please what does RPLF stand for?
@ Double portion, My guess is that it's a typo and he/she actually meant to write RPRF (Right of permanent residence fees). That's like saying landing fees!

Congrats to @ Kemke and to Temi's friends too.

Cheers everyone!