+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
ayd, congratulations, thank God for safe landing into the promise land and canada will favour you and household. Amen

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Congratulations, Ayd on your safe/successful landing - To God be the glory.

Good advise from you re people seeking to work in regulated professions.

Once more, congrats! - May God prosper your ways in Canada. May HE continually meet all your heart desires IJNA.

ayd said:
hello all, this is to inform the house that myself,hubby and 2 kids landed safe and sound in Toronto on 3rd April 2013 via British Airways :D

still in the process of settling down and so far we have done the SIN, bank statements and going for the Health Insurance this week.

the landing process was soooooooooooooooooooooooo long cos there was one guy on the queue that was being checked for over 1 hr. by the time they got to us i guess they were tired but not enough not to as for the POF. they even took down the details of the draft sef :eek:

didnt ask anything about the food so all our snails, ewedu, knoor chicken cubes and other contrabands scaled thru ;D

pls who are the landed seniors make i at least call to pay tribute as i have arrived in their territory.

just to say a big thank you to everyone for their various contributions and all and to pledge my allegiance to this wonderful forum. love you guys loads ;)

for all still waiting, sincerely been there,done that, so just be patient and make good use of this time cos once your PRV is issued things move so far you dont even realise your 6 months is alomost up. a piece of advice i can give is that if you are planning to work in a regulated profession, check the regulatory body website in the province where you are landing and start doing your credential evealuation and assessment. it will save you a whole lot of wait time looking for your desired job.

will keep you posted as things unfold

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
Kaybaba said:
Dear Forumites,
I joined this forum few months back and I have always been following the trend of events. I would like to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to the seniors on this thread as well as many who have received one update or the other.
My Concern: I applied for FSW in December 2009. In March 2010, I got a positive response to submit my complete documents to Accra. I did submit the documents includine IELTS result. In March 2012, I got MR and I did Medicals alongside my family members on the 1st of June 2012. Since then, I haven't heard from Accra. Between August 2012 and March 2013 I have written Accra at least 4 to 5 times. I always got this standard response from them:
Dear Applicant,
This is in response to your enquiry.
Be assured your application is in queue for review; however an exact schedule is not available at this time. As you know, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received.
Please refer to the CIC web site for information on standard processing times:
No further action is required by you at this time.
I have been wondering what the problem could be and what next steps to take. I know that at least one will get a response from the seniors here. Please what do you think I should do because the family medicals expires on the 1st of June 2013. My old passport expired last Saturday. My daughter's expired as well. My wife's expires in June. no line has been added to my ecas so far. The last is ''Your file was reviewed and we started processing on the 12 of January 2012. If I have to go by the processing times, mine has gone far beyond the 31 months for 80 percent of the cases.
I am just worried and I don't consider GCMS notes as an option.
What is the way forward? Keep waiting or your advice? Smiles :)
Kaybaba,
Fear not, you are still on track. Though it looks quite a long time but if they are replying you with the same poetic 'in the queue for review', then it is still pending and not thrown out, so be patient. That is the same response they have been giving to me, some of us in the forum, and some not in the forum but are my friends. The solution is to wait. If you don't need to travel anywhere you can hold on till they request for your passports before you renew your passports. My children's own will expire in august this year. Just wait and be prayerful. All will be well.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Kaybaba said:
Dear Forumites,
I joined this forum few months back and I have always been following the trend of events. I would like to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to the seniors on this thread as well as many who have received one update or the other.
My Concern: I applied for FSW in December 2009. In March 2010, I got a positive response to submit my complete documents to Accra. I did submit the documents includine IELTS result. In March 2012, I got MR and I did Medicals alongside my family members on the 1st of June 2012. Since then, I haven't heard from Accra. Between August 2012 and March 2013 I have written Accra at least 4 to 5 times. I always got this standard response from them:
Dear Applicant,
Be assured your application is in queue for review; however an exact schedule is not available at this time. As you know, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received.
I have been wondering what the problem could be and what next steps to take. I know that at least one will get a response from the seniors here. Please what do you think I should do because the family medicals expires on the 1st of June 2013. My old passport expired last Saturday. My daughter's expired as well. My wife's expires in June. no line has been added to my ecas so far. The last is ''Your file was reviewed and we started processing on the 12 of January 2012. If I have to go by the processing times, mine has gone far beyond the 31 months for 80 percent of the cases.
Hi kaybaba, the only thing you can do now is wait but while you are waiting I would suggest you renew all your passports inclusive of your wife's.This is because when the passport request comes, you would still need to renew as Accra would not stamp passport that has validity less than 6months.Once you renew, inform Accra of the new passport numbers.This was what we did and I was happy this was done in time as the following week upon renewing our passports the request came and the duration given to pick visa up was short(December period).

But all in all don't worry it would come soon by God's grace.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
ayd said:
hello all, this is to inform the house that myself,hubby and 2 kids landed safe and sound in Toronto on 3rd April 2013 via British Airways :D

still in the process of settling down and so far we have done the SIN, bank statements and going for the Health Insurance this week.

the landing process was soooooooooooooooooooooooo long cos there was one guy on the queue that was being checked for over 1 hr. by the time they got to us i guess they were tired but not enough not to as for the POF. they even took down the details of the draft sef :eek:

didnt ask anything about the food so all our snails, ewedu, knoor chicken cubes and other contrabands scaled thru ;D

pls who are the landed seniors make i at least call to pay tribute as i have arrived in their territory.

just to say a big thank you to everyone for their various contributions and all and to pledge my allegiance to this wonderful forum. love you guys loads ;)

for all still waiting, sincerely been there,done that, so just be patient and make good use of this time cos once your PRV is issued things move so far you dont even realise your 6 months is alomost up. a piece of advice i can give is that if you are planning to work in a regulated profession, check the regulatory body website in the province where you are landing and start doing your credential evealuation and assessment. it will save you a whole lot of wait time looking for your desired job.

will keep you posted as things unfold
Congrats Ayd to you and yours.May you reap the goodness from the land of Canada.Amen.

lizman

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
18-04-2012
Med's Request
31-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-11-2013
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
Congratulations ayd may the lord bless and keep you and yours in the land of milk and honey. Canada will favour you n Jesus name .

peggy

Apr 10, 2013
Dear Forumites,

I am highly interested in this new FSW program. Do you have any details about it or what does it entails. My husband is a medical doctor and i am a practising nurse. kindly update me.

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
Kaybaba said:
Dear Forumites,
Dear Applicant,
Thr best thing is to renew your family passport as soon as possible because accra might not stamp your passport,if the validity is less than 6month.with prayer every close door will open.before the end of april people will celebrate with you.

yejydo

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello house,
Thankks to all the wonderful pple of this forum for all ur conggratulatory message and good wishes on our landing.
Congratts to all the newly landed forumites both to ontario and calgary;e ayd, jovic, teejay...
to all awaiting good news and update.. may God grant good speeed to accra in bringing these to pass.
cheers all.

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
shaddy said:
Thr best thing is to renew your family passport as soon as possible because accra might not stamp your passport,if the validity is less than 6month.with prayer every close door will open.before the end of april people will celebrate with you.
Amen. I was just thinking it does not take long to renew the passports and that the passport starts counting as soon it is renewed, but that does not really matter. Think you should go for shaddy's suggestion. I will take the cue too.

babakura

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
02-01-13
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
ecas Med received: 19th March 2013
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
20 Nov 2013
WORDS OF ADVICE
DRIVING - When you arrive the first thing you need to get done after opening a bank account or applying for SIN is to apply for your driver's licence. Instead of carrying your passport around, your drivers licence is the best form of ID you can carry around in your wallet( I know no one wants to lose his/her Nigerian passport because of the hassles involved in procuring a new one and could take up to a year or more to get another one in Canada as Nigerian High Commission will have to write Immigration Office in Abuja and all sorts of rubbish you don't wanna go through at all).

You don't actually need to have a car to get a drivers licence (all you need do is pass the written test). Also if you have been driving before in Nigeria or wherever pls bring your drivers licence (if Nigerian licence subject to verification from Nigeria High Commission, Ottawa) you might be exempted from some stages but the first test which is the written and the final which is highway driving under the watchful eyes of a licensing official are mandatory.

To get a drivers licence you will need to pass a written test of multiple choice questions based on traffic regulations and road laws, after passing you have to actually drive and subject to a test to proceed to the next graduating level. Driver licensing in all provinces of Canada have graduating levels.
Alberta - http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/Drivers_Licence.cfm
Manitoba - http://www.mpi.mb.ca/en/DL/DL/Pages/driver-licensing.aspx
Ontario - http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/driving-and-roads
you can google ( province name then driver licensing) for other provinces if so interested or applies.

DUI (Driving Under the Influence)- I use take GOD beg you no drink and drive oooo (not just alcohol but also hard drugs ) .. This is not Nigeria that we do all sorts. You might not be caught but the day you get caught it will not be funny . There are serious consequences for DUI offences from getting demerit points on your licence to suspension of your licence for months and sometimes if alcohol level in your system is too high you could be arrested, car impounded for some days or wks depending and in some cases taken to COURT !! yes COURT !!!.

Should you end up in COURT you might need the services of a lawyer and that's some thousand's of $$$.

Should you get convicted that's a CRIMINAL RECORD right there and that could affect your life negatively. To get a real job in most cases (not factory jobs or coffee serving) they require background, criminal and credit checks, some employers will not give you the job and some might give you the benefit of the doubt OR maybe you need police record for immigration purposes that's a stain and this isn't naija where records are easily erased (Some records take years for them to be removed against your name while some are there forever).

Scenario 1:- Lets say your work involves driving company vehicle everyday and your licence gets suspended don't even bother going to work because you have fired yourself .
Scenario 2:- Lets say you got caught last year and your licence has been reinstated but you got another job requiring you to provide your drivers abstract for the past 5 years .. you might not get the job because the company will be skeptical about entrusting their vehicle to you.
Should your work not involve the above you still need to maintain a clean record as much as possible because you just never know when you will need your record.

DRIVING WITHOUT INSURANCE:- If you cannot afford to pay for car insurance its better you don't drive at all . Insurance premium rates from as lowas $100 to $400 a month or even higher depending on your province of residence , how recent your car model is or how many accidents you had in the past . Canadian cities have very good road transportation network but services are reduced at night after 7pm depending on where you live.

Always be alert:- Always be patient when driving and obey traffic regulations .. fine ranges and depending on the by-law code .. for example let's say a fire truck or ambulance is blaring its siren and you didn't give way by parking on the side for the ambulance to have right of way and you are caught that $490 fine (that's for Ontario but other provinces will be around that amount).

Always pay your fine(s) when due because all your information are linked and one day they might to send your information to collections .. Concerning collections, I will be talking about that in my next WORDS OF ADVICE titled FINANCES.

NOTE: These are informational just to guide and advice you that Canada is not a lawless country as Nigeria where we all came from. Kindly add more for the benefit of the populace because when these situations happen people don't tell because of the fear of abuse from friends or family alike and they are grave issues we need to tackle .Cheers

Jibaba

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2008
Doc's Request.
30-3-2010
IELTS Request
05-05-2011 - Scored 8.0
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012
For those coming to Calgary .. this website is the equivalent of Nairaland.com.. i think better than Nairaland.das all , cos you will learn alot about minute by minute happening here.
http://en.reddit.com/r/Calgary
there will be for other cities , but the one for Calagry has been of a tremendous help to me.

swinglow

Oct 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013
Congrats ayd on ur sucessful landing. Wishing u all d best.

Mar 28, 2013
Beautiful People,
Thank you for your important responses to my enquiries so far. May God's face keep shining upon us for good. I say thank you.

Now, talking about Police report. Please, I need your views. Is Alagbon office the only approved station by CIC to get a Police report or can I use Area F at Ikeja?

Please, I will appreciate your responses. I am still busy with the document gathering things. It's not quite easy in this part of the world :-X

Have a great day all.