+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Jibaba said:
For those coming to Calgary .. this website is the equivalent of Nairaland.com.. i think better than Nairaland.das all , cos you will learn alot about minute by minute happening here.
http://en.reddit.com/r/Calgary
there will be for other cities , but the one for Calagry has been of a tremendous help to me.
Tnx Jibaba for the info.is appreciated!!

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
babakura said:
WORDS OF ADVICE
DRIVING - When you arrive the first thing you need to get done after opening a bank account or applying for SIN is to apply for your driver's licence. Instead of carrying your passport around, your drivers licence is the best form of ID you can carry around in your wallet( I know no one wants to lose his/her Nigerian passport because of the hassles involved in procuring a new one and could take up to a year or more to get another one in Canada as Nigerian High Commission will have to write Immigration Office in Abuja and all sorts of rubbish you don't wanna go through at all).

You don't actually need to have a car to get a drivers licence (all you need do is pass the written test). Also if you have been driving before in Nigeria or wherever pls bring your drivers licence (if Nigerian licence subject to verification from Nigeria High Commission, Ottawa) you might be exempted from some stages but the first test which is the written and the final which is highway driving under the watchful eyes of a licensing official are mandatory.

To get a drivers licence you will need to pass a written test of multiple choice questions based on traffic regulations and road laws, after passing you have to actually drive and subject to a test to proceed to the next graduating level. Driver licensing in all provinces of Canada have graduating levels.
Alberta - http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/Drivers_Licence.cfm
Manitoba - http://www.mpi.mb.ca/en/DL/DL/Pages/driver-licensing.aspx
Ontario - http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/driving-and-roads
you can google ( province name then driver licensing) for other provinces if so interested or applies.

DUI (Driving Under the Influence)- I use take GOD beg you no drink and drive oooo (not just alcohol but also hard drugs ) .. This is not Nigeria that we do all sorts. You might not be caught but the day you get caught it will not be funny . There are serious consequences for DUI offences from getting demerit points on your licence to suspension of your licence for months and sometimes if alcohol level in your system is too high you could be arrested, car impounded for some days or wks depending and in some cases taken to COURT !! yes COURT !!!.

Should you end up in COURT you might need the services of a lawyer and that's some thousand's of $$$.

Should you get convicted that's a CRIMINAL RECORD right there and that could affect your life negatively. To get a real job in most cases (not factory jobs or coffee serving) they require background, criminal and credit checks, some employers will not give you the job and some might give you the benefit of the doubt OR maybe you need police record for immigration purposes that's a stain and this isn't naija where records are easily erased (Some records take years for them to be removed against your name while some are there forever).

Scenario 1:- Lets say your work involves driving company vehicle everyday and your licence gets suspended don't even bother going to work because you have fired yourself .
Scenario 2:- Lets say you got caught last year and your licence has been reinstated but you got another job requiring you to provide your drivers abstract for the past 5 years .. you might not get the job because the company will be skeptical about entrusting their vehicle to you.
Should your work not involve the above you still need to maintain a clean record as much as possible because you just never know when you will need your record.

DRIVING WITHOUT INSURANCE:- If you cannot afford to pay for car insurance its better you don't drive at all . Insurance premium rates from as lowas $100 to $400 a month or even higher depending on your province of residence , how recent your car model is or how many accidents you had in the past . Canadian cities have very good road transportation network but services are reduced at night after 7pm depending on where you live.

Always be alert:- Always be patient when driving and obey traffic regulations .. fine ranges and depending on the by-law code .. for example let's say a fire truck or ambulance is blaring its siren and you didn't give way by parking on the side for the ambulance to have right of way and you are caught that $490 fine (that's for Ontario but other provinces will be around that amount).

Always pay your fine(s) when due because all your information are linked and one day they might to send your information to collections .. Concerning collections, I will be talking about that in my next WORDS OF ADVICE titled FINANCES.

NOTE: These are informational just to guide and advice you that Canada is not a lawless country as Nigeria where we all came from. Kindly add more for the benefit of the populace because when these situations happen people don't tell because of the fear of abuse from friends or family alike and they are grave issues we need to tackle .Cheers
babakura, Thanks for these beautiful write up and wonderful advice. It is better to start having knowledge of their rules and regulations before one will fall a victim. God bless u for your time.

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
babakura said:
WORDS OF ADVICE
DRIVING - When you arrive the first thing you need to get done after opening a bank account or applying for SIN is to apply for your driver's licence. Instead of carrying your passport around, your drivers licence is the best form of ID you can carry around in your wallet( I know no one wants to lose his/her Nigerian passport because of the hassles involved in procuring a new one and could take up to a year or more to get another one in Canada as Nigerian High Commission will have to write Immigration Office in Abuja and all sorts of rubbish you don't wanna go through at all).

You don't actually need to have a car to get a drivers licence (all you need do is pass the written test). Also if you have been driving before in Nigeria or wherever pls bring your drivers licence (if Nigerian licence subject to verification from Nigeria High Commission, Ottawa) you might be exempted from some stages but the first test which is the written and the final which is highway driving under the watchful eyes of a licensing official are mandatory.

To get a drivers licence you will need to pass a written test of multiple choice questions based on traffic regulations and road laws, after passing you have to actually drive and subject to a test to proceed to the next graduating level. Driver licensing in all provinces of Canada have graduating levels.
you can google ( province name then driver licensing) for other provinces if so interested or applies.

DUI (Driving Under the Influence)- I use take GOD beg you no drink and drive oooo (not just alcohol but also hard drugs ) .. This is not Nigeria that we do all sorts. You might not be caught but the day you get caught it will not be funny . There are serious consequences for DUI offences from getting demerit points on your licence to suspension of your licence for months and sometimes if alcohol level in your system is too high you could be arrested, car impounded for some days or wks depending and in some cases taken to COURT !! yes COURT !!!.

Should you end up in COURT you might need the services of a lawyer and that's some thousand's of $$$.

Should you get convicted that's a CRIMINAL RECORD right there and that could affect your life negatively. To get a real job in most cases (not factory jobs or coffee serving) they require background, criminal and credit checks, some employers will not give you the job and some might give you the benefit of the doubt OR maybe you need police record for immigration purposes that's a stain and this isn't naija where records are easily erased (Some records take years for them to be removed against your name while some are there forever).

Scenario 1:- Lets say your work involves driving company vehicle everyday and your licence gets suspended don't even bother going to work because you have fired yourself .
Scenario 2:- Lets say you got caught last year and your licence has been reinstated but you got another job requiring you to provide your drivers abstract for the past 5 years .. you might not get the job because the company will be skeptical about entrusting their vehicle to you.
Should your work not involve the above you still need to maintain a clean record as much as possible because you just never know when you will need your record.

DRIVING WITHOUT INSURANCE:- If you cannot afford to pay for car insurance its better you don't drive at all . Insurance premium rates from as lowas $100 to $400 a month or even higher depending on your province of residence , how recent your car model is or how many accidents you had in the past . Canadian cities have very good road transportation network but services are reduced at night after 7pm depending on where you live.

Always be alert:- Always be patient when driving and obey traffic regulations .. fine ranges and depending on the by-law code .. for example let's say a fire truck or ambulance is blaring its siren and you didn't give way by parking on the side for the ambulance to have right of way and you are caught that $490 fine (that's for Ontario but other provinces will be around that amount).

Always pay your fine(s) when due because all your information are linked and one day they might to send your information to collections .. Concerning collections, I will be talking about that in my next WORDS OF ADVICE titled FINANCES.

NOTE: These are informational just to guide and advice you that Canada is not a lawless country as Nigeria where we all came from. Kindly add more for the benefit of the populace because when these situations happen people don't tell because of the fear of abuse from friends or family alike and they are grave issues we need to tackle .Cheers
Babakura tnx a lot for this valuable piece of information.Is highly appreciated.

kiksjoy

Feb 15, 2013
kaybaba,

We had almost the same time line cos i started too in November 2009,did my medical in march 2012 at Asaju .I did not hear from Accra until after i discovered i had a further medical which was almost expiring .It was then i wrote Accra,i was given another validity which i now went for in Oct 2012.To God be all the glory i was issued my visa in Feb 2013.So don't worry am sure very soon you will hear good news from Accra.since you don't have any further medical to do, even i that had.God favoured me . The same God will do it for you.All you need to do as other forumites advised is to renew your passports.Your medical sure has expired because it was a year in March.Pls pray and fast.I did just that. God will touch the hearts of the visa officer in charge of your file and the medical officer to remember you.

Favor

Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
babakura said:
WORDS OF ADVICE

God bless you for sharing this wonderful advice! +1 for you!

Cheers

Favor

Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
babakura said:
WORDS OF ADVICE

Ooh dear, so sorry, I don't think I'm yet qualified to rate anyone! Or maybe I just can't find where to do the ratings!

Temi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/02/2012
AOR Received.
21/03/2012
Med's Request
30/01/2014
Med's Done....
7/02/2014
Interview........
13th May 2014
Passport Req..
13th May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
13th May 2014
Bravo!!! The rain may have just started. A close colleague of mine received MR few minutes ago. He is MI2. Cheer up guys, our time has come.

dcrest

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2012
Doc's Request.
28-02-2012
AOR Received.
PER 23-03-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2014
Nice to hear this. I think the count down has started truly.
Can we get a better details from your friend please.

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
Temi said:
Bravo!!! The rain may have just started. A close colleague of mine received MR few minutes ago. He is MI2. Cheer up guys, our time has come.

Thks Temi for cheering us up. Pls can get us more detail abt wen ur colleague applied.

chinny09

Dec 1, 2009
Kayb said:
Congrats ayd, wish u d very best canada has to offer.
Hi Kayb
I'm starting all over.I've taken ielts again score 8.I'm confused on cred assessments,I'm a pharmacist .have they released the new rules? I also want to knw how long cred assessments will take cos I want to apply as soon as the embargo is lifted I'm also appealing that I should be carried along by as many as possible. God bless you all thanks

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
mandiebraxton said:
Watch out Zajeb, you are next......
*Mandie*

Thks Mandie, so shall it be for me, you and everyone expecting dis MR in Jesus Name

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Temi said:
This is indeed a cheering news. We want more of this. Other MI2 watch out.

chinny09

Dec 1, 2009
Kayb said:
Congrats ayd, wish u d very best canada has to offer.
Hi Kayb
I'm starting all over.I've taken ielts again score 8.I'm confused on cred assessments,I'm a pharmacist .have they released the new rules? I also want to knw how long cred assessments will take cos I want to apply as soon as the embargo is lifted I'm also appealing that I should be carried along by as many as possible. God bless you all thanks

KEMKE

Jun 26, 2011
Temi said:
Hi House

I do agree with Temi as I received my MR in the afternoon,Its just like a dream considering the issues I had with POF.I owe it to God entirely. Mandie yours is just by the corner as I remember we were asked for updates about the same time.Thanks to everyone n congrats Spooks.