+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nexus card

Mar 8, 2021
I am surprised to see the date of conditional approval bro. I have applied on May 25th and it is still showing application under review. Is there any way I can contact and ask them about my application?
To be honest, I don't think there is a rhyme or reason on how they approve. My daughter's application should not have taken that long but is still awaiting conditional approval. I think there is a number to call for the CBP office but I doubt they answer case specific questions

kdham

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
I just had yesterday my interview (first card , so needs to be done in person). They said that you need to check permanently their site to see if there are places. People cancel interviews sometimes and quite often it is for the whole family so many places are available at once.
I have my interview next week. Could you provide some details on what was the interview about? What questions should I be expecting?

owleroz

Feb 22, 2018
I have my interview next week. Could you provide some details on what was the interview about? What questions should I be expecting?
I got my Global Entry/Nexus ~3 years back. They just asked me for the reasons I need the trusted traveler program and verified some documents. Quick 5 mins interview.

owleroz

Feb 22, 2018
Does anyone have experience with updating their visa for Global Entry? I plan to drive down to the Niagara falls enrollment center from Toronto after checking with them on the phone. Just want to check if anyone has any experience updating their visa for Global Entry/Nexus or the Niagara Falls office location ? Thanks!

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
It's pretty easy, for me it was how tall are you, what's the color of your hair, what's the color of your eyes. They never asked why I needed the Nexus but you should be prepared for that....

It's more of a photo taking process than ab actual interview in my experience.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Does anyone have experience with updating their visa for Global Entry? I plan to drive down to the Niagara falls enrollment center from Toronto after checking with them on the phone. Just want to check if anyone has any experience updating their visa for Global Entry/Nexus or the Niagara Falls office location ? Thanks!
I updated my passport on my Nexus but had a terrible experience because they messed it up for almost a year. Luckily, I have a friend that works at Nexus (but I don't like to ask for favors). However, I finally got fed up of the constant quizing at the border and asked if she could look inti it for me, and she was able to fix the error for me. Apparently they did not do the document update correctly....

Reactions: owleroz

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but hopefully it helps someone.

After over 3 years of daily commuting with just my Nexus card (no passport) I get in serious trouble. Apparently, there is a recent update (no one informed me, nor is it on their website) that TN holders can no longer have their TN status tied to their Nexus card and as such MUST have their passport on them always as the officer reserves the right to ask for it. This is new and there is no were online (to the best of my knowledge to support this). However, it happened to me today and they actually proceeded to "disconnect" my Nexus from my TN and issued a replacement TN tied to my passport only (Same information as the last one just tied to passport only). They told me the update is ONLY for TN holders, non TN holders can use their Nexus card only.

I don't totally understand the reason nor do I agree with it but sharing my experience as it may help someone.

Mar 8, 2021
Status Update:
Nexus Application Date: May 29th
Conditional Approval: Oct 7th
Interview Date: Got march 2023 appointment but kept checking daily. Luckily got Oct 17th appointment in Blaine
Nexus Card Received in mail: Oct 24th

Now waiting for daughter's conditional approval now. Her application was sent 2 weeks after me so was expecting her approval by now
Status Update:
Nexus Application Date for minor kid who is a US citizen and Canada PR: June 26th
Conditional Approval: Dec 10th
Interview Date: Luckily got Dec 24th in Blaine as many appointments were cancelled during the holiday time frame
Nexus Card awaited now

Wife's conditional approval is still awaited so I did ask the officers during the interview. They just said it could be anything between 3 months to 20 months so just wait :(

CanucksRajiv

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I wanted to confirm is stamping is mandatory (valid visa stamped on passport) for the Nexus Card?

Exact text from eligibility requirement:

You must have lived continuously in the US or Canada (the country you are a permanent resident of) for at least 3 years. If you are a national of a country that would normally require a visa to visit the country you are not a permanent resident of, then you will also need a visa to get your NEXUS Card.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
I wanted to confirm is stamping is mandatory (valid visa stamped on passport) for the Nexus Card?

Exact text from eligibility requirement:

You must have lived continuously in the US or Canada (the country you are a permanent resident of) for at least 3 years. If you are a national of a country that would normally require a visa to visit the country you are not a permanent resident of, then you will also need a visa to get your NEXUS Card.
Yes you need a valid visa , that's if your a Canadian PR more than 3 years and your citizenship is from a country that requires a visa to enter the USA .

ps2fan

Feb 3, 2011
Status Update:
Nexus Application Date: May 29th
Conditional Approval: Oct 7th
Interview Date: Got march 2023 appointment but kept checking daily. Luckily got Oct 17th appointment in Blaine
Nexus Card Received in mail: Oct 24th

Now waiting for daughter's conditional approval now. Her application was sent 2 weeks after me so was expecting her approval by now
Hi Abhinav

I am in BC as well Indian PR card holder with US visa i am trying to fill the TTP application i am facing an issue while entering the Candian PR card number

What did you enter for Permanent Resident Card number according to the canadian govt website "The Permanent Resident Card number starts with two (2) letters followed by ten (10) numbers (Example: RA0302123456) or two (2) letters followed by seven (7) numbers (Example: PA0123456). "

My Card has the following format PA0123456
now the TTP website will only accept numbers and only 8 number
here the stiuation i have 7 numbers also i read people applied using UCI number which shows up in front of the card.

Mar 8, 2021
Hi Abhinav

I am in BC as well Indian PR card holder with US visa i am trying to fill the TTP application i am facing an issue while entering the Candian PR card number

What did you enter for Permanent Resident Card number according to the canadian govt website "The Permanent Resident Card number starts with two (2) letters followed by ten (10) numbers (Example: RA0302123456) or two (2) letters followed by seven (7) numbers (Example: PA0123456). "

My Card has the following format PA0123456
now the TTP website will only accept numbers and only 8 number
here the stiuation i have 7 numbers also i read people applied using UCI number which shows up in front of the card.
UCI number is fine. I used that in my application