+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nexus card

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Does anyone has information for applying to nexus card with refugee travel document? I was recently conditionally approved but I had to put my national passport's information to the application form as a proof of citizenship. Because I am refugee and PR in Canada, I don't have my national passport, I have Canadian Travel Document. Do you think it can be issue? Or should I wait for my Canadian citizenship?

Luv-canada

Aug 31, 2021
You don’t need national passport, just book your appointment for interview inside Canada CBSA, for US interview you can use RTD with US visa to go USA for interview

LUV

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
You don’t need national passport, just book your appointment for interview inside Canada CBSA, for US interview you can use RTD with US visa to go USA for interview

LUV
Great, also do you know when Canadian offices in the airport will be open? Also how I will be doing my interview for US, is there a nexus office in US preclearance area in the airport?

Luv-canada

Aug 31, 2021
Great, also do you know when Canadian offices in the airport will be open? Also how I will be doing my interview for US, is there a nexus office in US preclearance area in the airport?
First you need to complete your interview with Canadian office. For USA you need to book a flight ✈, while clearing customs you can go for nexus interview.

please share your full timeline till conditional approval

LUV

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
First you need to complete your interview with Canadian office. For USA you need to book a flight ✈, while clearing customs you can go for nexus interview.

please share your full timeline till conditional approval

LUV
I applied in July 2022 and got conditional approval in January 2023.
I can't see any available Canadian office, can't book appointment.

tejasmpatel24

Jan 5, 2023
Hi i applied for a NEXUS card few days back, anyone knows whats the processing time to get a conditional approval?
Also looks like there are no interviews available, does anyone know of any alternatives?

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Hi i applied for a NEXUS card few days back, anyone knows whats the processing time to get a conditional approval?
Also looks like there are no interviews available, does anyone know of any alternatives?
I applied for renewal in Nov, approved in Feb. There are interviews but only in US border areas (no airports).

Mar 8, 2021
Status Update:
Nexus Application Date for minor kid who is a US citizen and Canada PR: June 26th
Conditional Approval: Dec 10th
Interview Date: Luckily got Dec 24th in Blaine as many appointments were cancelled during the holiday time frame
Nexus Card awaited now

Wife's conditional approval is still awaited so I did ask the officers during the interview. They just said it could be anything between 3 months to 20 months so just wait :(
Status Update:
Nexus Application Date for minor kid who is a US citizen and Canada PR: June 26th
Conditional Approval: Dec 10th
Interview Date: Luckily got Dec 24th in Blaine as many appointments were cancelled during the holiday time frame
Nexus Card arrived in mal on Jan 15th

Wife's Nexus card was applied on Oct 8th
Conditional approval still awaited

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
I have a Canadian PR and currently living in USA on H1B for the last 10 years. Planning on moving to Canada soon and possibly commute. Can I apply for Nexus card or do I need to live in Canada for 3 years first?

roycanada

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
I have a Canadian PR and currently living in USA on H1B for the last 10 years. Planning on moving to Canada soon and possibly commute. Can I apply for Nexus card or do I need to live in Canada for 3 years first?
You are eligible, bcz you are living legally in USA more than 3 years

Roy