+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New TRV measures from IRCC for spouses having sponsorship application

fak21

May 3, 2014
I decided against it. But as I said, no one really knows. I did include the part about dual intent and I also added information about activities planned for six months (mainly language studies) and I explained means of return if pr will be denied.

I have no idea whether or not this will be accepted. My timeline are in the signature, I'll report with more details once there is any decision
how did you show ties?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
how did you show ties?
I didn't. In short I described our backup plan should PR be denied or delayed. I also had some additional explanation relative to our specific circumstances that are no interest to others except that we applied while travelling abroad which in turn previously was considered a no-go in terms of home ties.

vid_west

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Are they even issuing TRV approvals? I applied Aug 6th. The processing time has passed but I haven't gotten any update. TRV from India. Applied Spousal PR and everything on portal is complete.

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
I didn't. In short I described our backup plan should PR be denied or delayed. I also had some additional explanation relative to our specific circumstances that are no interest to others except that we applied while travelling abroad which in turn previously was considered a no-go in terms of home ties.
Could you elaborate a little more as to how you structured your dual intent letter of explanation? I'm worried about not showing ties affecting our TRV, since my husband will be leaving his job as in his current country of residence. What did you mention for the back up plan?

Hopealive

Star Member
Nov 24, 2021
Is it true that Canada has temporarily suspended the issuing of temporary residence visas (study permits, work permits) from outside Canada due to the housing crisis?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is it true that Canada has temporarily suspended the issuing of temporary residence visas (study permits, work permits) from outside Canada due to the housing crisis?
no

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Just applied for a TRV as well just in case family sponsorship application isn’t approved by the time we need to travel in January. On average how long does this take? I’m eligible for can+ as well

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Could you elaborate a little more as to how you structured your dual intent letter of explanation? I'm worried about not showing ties affecting our TRV, since my husband will be leaving his job as in his current country of residence. What did you mention for the back up plan?
I had two letters. First was the formal invitation that clearly stated the purpose of the TRV request i.e. to come to Canada before the PR to learn languages and basically starting the integration process. I did not mention the intention to get OWP.
Second letter, the letter of explanation, I described the minimal ties that there are, and what we will do in case the PR is denied. Basically showing that despite minimum ties, there is an option to go back and there is a place to live and things to do. I can't go into details as it's personal and just useless for you or anyone else. But you can get the idea.
I don't know if any of that this played a role in their decision.

Reactions: T0pubo

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I had two letters. First was the formal invitation that clearly stated the purpose of the TRV request i.e. to come to Canada before the PR to learn languages and basically starting the integration process. I did not mention the intention to get OWP.
Second letter, the letter of explanation, I described the minimal ties that there are, and what we will do in case the PR is denied. Basically showing that despite minimum ties, there is an option to go back and there is a place to live and things to do. I can't go into details as it's personal and just useless for you or anyone else. But you can get the idea.
I don't know if any of that this played a role in their decision.
Brother did you apply on portal or gckey account?