+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New TRV measures from IRCC for spouses having sponsorship application

DeviKrip

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
TRV gives him maximum of 6 months of stay or whatever was approved at the port of entry (did he get a stamp with date or visitor record?). If PR would not be approved by the time the allowed period is up, he'll have to leave. Applying for OWP gives him the possibility to stay longer.

If you are not in Quebec, it's quite possible that the PR will be finalized before next February, however, this is never 100%..

If money isn't a factor, I would recommend to get OWP early, first this will assure he's allowed to stay longer if PR is delayed, he may start to work and may qualify for health insurance (depending of your province and local rules).

OWP is reported to take 4-5 months to process. Applying late has a drawback that if returned (due to error or something) may put his status at risk.
So does it mean you applied from Quebec
even i am planning to apply TRV need some suggestions

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
In my case, it took about 60 days to receive AOR. If you are married, then need a registered marriage certificate translated into English.
Thank you so much.
I would be getting married in October and plan to apply for spousal PR staright away.
It's going to be a ceremonial wedding. So I just wanted to make sure that getting a wedding certificate post that would work or I would need a separate court marriage as well.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you so much.
I would be getting married in October and plan to apply for spousal PR staright away.
It's going to be a ceremonial wedding. So I just wanted to make sure that getting a wedding certificate post that would work or I would need a separate court marriage as well.
Depends what is needed in the place where you are getting married for it to be considered an official, legal marriage. Where are you getting married?

allan1985

Star Member
Aug 6, 2023
Hey guys i have a question can spouse of protected person who is waiting for her pr processing at Outland VISA OFFICE APPLY FOR Trv or Not ?? Btw the main applicant already got his PR

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Depends what is needed in the place where you are getting married for it to be considered an official, legal marriage. Where are you getting married?
I will be getting married in India.
Ceremonial wedding plus marriage certificate makes it a legal marriage. I am not sure what IRCC requires for the same

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I will be getting married in India.
Ceremonial wedding plus marriage certificate makes it a legal marriage. I am not sure what IRCC requires for the same
IRCC follows whatever is considered a legal marriage in the country where it is carried out (with a few exceptions, such as polygamy and proxy marriages). If you will get a valid marriage certificate - that's it.

There are many countries where a civil marriage must be carried out separately from a religious ceremony (much of Europe). [Technically Canadian marriages are similar, they are all civil, but officiants - often or even typically of whatever religion - are basically deputized by government to carry out the civil procedures for a legal marriage. Participants see it as a religious marriage, but only the civil part counts under law.]

As far as I'm aware that's not the case for India, though - I believe if they get married according to their religion, that's valid (presumably with whatever registration procedure may be needed).

Reactions: mrsalehi

selbashir

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
Hello everyone, a few questions, and thank you for your replies in advance.
My spouse is awaiting for her PR decision but has received TRV, should we book a return ticket? if yes then, is there any maximum timeframe for a return journey in months?
Secondly, during a spouse's visit to Canada, if my spouse receives PR approval, then does she has to travel to her home country and re-enter?
Lastly, has anyone conducted their PR medical in Canada? and how much does it cost?
Hello,
Return flight ticket i don’t think so.. maybe the border office ask about it upon arrival? Get other opinions.

if PR approve while in Canada, will do soft landing through PR portal

medical in montreal is about 250 $

good luck

DeviKrip

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Good to see positive updates for Quebec.
inam also applying TRV for my spouse
Can you help me with sample letter that you have given

Whalla

Aug 23, 2023
Sponsor has been approved since the end of June and biometrics were given in July. Waiting on medical request. Have applied for TRV. VO is Accra, Ghana. Has anyone been successful in being approved for TRV through the Accra VO ? If so, how long was the processing time ? Thanks