+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New TRV measures from IRCC for spouses having sponsorship application

sai23

Star Member
Jul 15, 2023
Has there been anyone that has applied or reapplied for trv that has been processed at Sydney, Australia?

Whalla

Aug 23, 2023
Sponsor has been approved since the end of June and biometrics were given in July. Waiting on medical request. Have applied for TRV. VO is Accra, Ghana. Has anyone been successful in being approved for TRV through the Accra VO ? If so, how long was the processing time ? Thanks
Can anyone help me with the questions above ? Many thanks

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Hello All,

Does anyone know any information regarding this case. I applied for my wife OWP under new family reunification on June 29. She has visitor visa of Canada and we applied as inland. Today i called IRCC to check up on her case and Rep told me for her OWP assessment has been completed and passed and i should wait for final decision. Does anyone know if assessment has been passed means she will get OWP? Or, how much time it usually take to make final decision after assessment has been passed? Much appreciated. Thank you
Hi yes i did we applied for OWP on August 2nd but there is no update yet.

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Sponsor has been approved since the end of June and biometrics were given in July. Waiting on medical request. Have applied for TRV. VO is Accra, Ghana. Has anyone been successful in being approved for TRV through the Accra VO ? If so, how long was the processing time ? Thanks
Yes and it took 2 months and it even ended up being Calgary who processed it although it said Accra was the VO

Reactions: Whalla

NY81

Apr 27, 2023
Hi yes i did we applied for OWP on August 2nd but there is no update yet.
I also applied for my husband on June 8, he's here on TRV but we have not heard back from IRCC, I phoned them about the OWP they said the application is still within the processing time.

Last edited:

NY81

Apr 27, 2023
Hello everyone, a few questions, and thank you for your replies in advance.
My spouse is awaiting for her PR decision but has received TRV, should we book a return ticket? if yes then, is there any maximum timeframe for a return journey in months?
Secondly, during a spouse's visit to Canada, if my spouse receives PR approval, then does she has to travel to her home country and re-enter?
Lastly, has anyone conducted their PR medical in Canada? and how much does it cost?
Yes,they will ask for you to show them a return ticket,I think it's just protocol

NY81

Apr 27, 2023
My VO is Accra as well, we have not heard back from them. Sponsor was approved in March 2023, medical done in Canada and updated on portal, nothing else

NY81

Apr 27, 2023
Yes i did for my wife. we applied for her PR application on March 10, 2023. We applied for her visitor visa before applying for PR and she got her Visitor visa. She came here in June 29 and we applied for work permit. For her PR she has received her AOR, Biometeric was done when we applied for visitor visa, Medical has been given. We are waiting for her OWP to get approve.
Same situation. We applied for the OWP in June 8th, applied for PR-Feb 18, AOR- March 15

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
I also applied for my husband on June 8, he's here on TRV but we have not heard back from IRCC, I phoned them about the OWP they said the application is still within the processing time.
Yes because online application processing time is 145 days and paper application 16 days.

fak21

May 3, 2014
No worries. Yeah my spouse also makes less in his home country but as long as your combined resources are $10,000 in account you should be ok. That's what my friend who is an immigration consultant told me. I will ask if there is any change though due to new regulations.
Did you get the TRV?

fak21

May 3, 2014
I didn’t show any home ties, this new stream is to reunite family members so I don’t think it is necessary to provide home ties, also they issuing a WP for spouse under this, so why should I show home ties to them
did you get the TRV without showing ties?