+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

Arundddd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
So the story is same here. My mother's TRV is now put on hold as her account received a letter today saying that sufficient evidence for travel exemption wasn't submitted. However I had given my PR card and my passport which shows her as my mother. Not sure how long the further wait will be, and is there any step required to follow or just wait to hear from VO.

Also a second question, does it mean that if application is put on hold, it means it will be approved after restrictions get over? Because if rejection was to occur, they would have done that at first hand before putting it on hold?

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
So the story is same here. My mother's TRV is now put on hold as her account received a letter today saying that sufficient evidence for travel exemption wasn't submitted. However I had given my PR card and my passport which shows her as my mother. Not sure how long the further wait will be, and is there any step required to follow or just wait to hear from VO.

Also a second question, does it mean that if application is put on hold, it means it will be approved after restrictions get over? Because if rejection was to occur, they would have done that at first hand before putting it on hold?
No, the application is on hold for processing. IRCC will only process applications that meet current exemptions. The held apps will be processed once the pause is lifted. After the pause, apps will be processed normally. Being on hold doesn’t mean automatically approval after the pause is lifted.

Reactions: Arundddd

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We have gone past the quoted 17 day processing time for my spouse’s country of origin.
Those are only estimated processing times which may not have been updated since covid. You just have to wait. No point in contacting anyone.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you should inquire about status thorugh web form...
is your background check in process? what about eligibility review?
No need to contact. Times are just estimates and often take much longer and many have not been updated since covid. Given covid everyone needs to accept longer wait times.

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
Those are only estimated processing times which may not have been updated since covid. You just have to wait. No point in contacting anyone.
Thanks - our MP already got in touch with them and provided us an update.

Iaminca

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020

Hi, Can I know when did you sent the email for exemptions? Just looking for the timeline when to hear back after sending an email

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
No need to contact. Times are just estimates and often take much longer and many have not been updated since covid. Given covid everyone needs to accept longer wait times.
First of all, if today is June 30 and they say current processing time is 10 days, then that should mean they are currently processing applications on June 20 or sooner. Otherwise their processing time metric is useless. So if you are past that processing time (i.e. applied June 15), you are within your rights to contact them.

Second, easy for you to say. Your life plans are not in the balance. If my TRV doesn't come through in the next 3-4 weeks I won't be able to see my spouse for 6+ months.

Reactions: lovely89 and ZOOZ

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
First of all, if today is June 30 and they say current processing time is 10 days, then that should mean they are currently processing applications on June 20 or sooner. Otherwise their processing time metric is useless. So if you are past that processing time (i.e. applied June 15), you are within your rights to contact them.

Second, easy for you to say. Your life plans are not in the balance. If my TRV doesn't come through in the next 3-4 weeks I won't be able to see my spouse for 6+ months.
Agreed. It’s clear some people here have nothing better to do and definitely not to help or support.

hope you have a positive response soon.

Reactions: Andre5

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020

I'm in your same situation. I depend of visitor visa to see my spouse soon, my PR application is stopped since covid. It's incredible how the bars, restaurants, gyms are opened in Canada but not these important offices.. If somebody here have a new update at their visitor visas during pandemic please let us know. Positive or negative.

At the other way, negative comments of people who don't understand how it feels to be separated of the person you love don't make any contribution. It just demonstrates the empty soul they have and the lack of empathy. I encourage those couples who make all they can to be together. Sitting around just doing nothing it's not the option.

Reactions: Andre5

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Ladies and gentlemen,
Good news! This morning I got 3 emails from CIC asking (wife’s account) to login and read the letters.

The first letter was regarding the biometrics and how long it’s valid for. My wife did a bio last year for a TRV so no bio required. The letter is generic. So, if you get that biometrics info letter it’s a good sign that they are working on your application. Note: my wife is from Asia and I have been dealing with the VO in her country. After emailing my MP and CCing the CIC Minister, DPM and the VO Ambassador. It looks like her application was processed in Kingston Jamaica. The biometrics letter had kingston VO’s address at the bottom. The asshats in Asian VOs are fired! Lol

The second letter was for PPR and the third letter was the authorization letter to travel to Canada. Wife will be submitting her passport to her local VFS as soon as they open on Monday AM.

Keep sharing your stories and situations so others can be helped.

Happy days! Good luck to all my friends!
So from yesterday people have been tweetting about spousal application delay, and there was a tweet about travel for outland applicants, and this is the responce from IRCC.