+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
applied on 1 july and received biomentric for my dad today - 2nd July. Applied from India. I think I am stuck here as VFS is closed. I hope they should proceed the application further and give the approval . Any one has any idea how they are dealing with the application now without Biometric?
It's very good they answered fast! I think (personal opinion) they are going to be on hold until people can get to opened VFS offices depending of its countries (I would like to be wrong and that they don't matter but being realistic they are not doing too much for immigration right now) And that's not the only problem, in the case the visa gets approved, how are they going to stamp the passports if these offices are closed?
My country also has VFS offices closed. I wouldn't be able to go to a neighbor country to do this cuz the flights and borders here are still closed in my case I have to wait yes or yes that my country's office opens (just in the positive case my visitor visa gets approved)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I also am in a similar situation
Applied for TRV on 28th June
Received a refusal today. Me and my husband took two weeks to collect all possible documents we could, I’m talking assets, bank letters, however I am not employed and yet we showed all the fund proof
I had also applied for visit visa last year and was refused that also, which is why I didn’t need to show biometrics
ALSo I have an ongoing PR application for spousal sponsorship outside of Canada going on.. my visa office is London and it will be 1 year since it has been stuck there in July 8th 2019
We sent all the possible letters we could even showing letters that our PR application has no movement. I don’t know what to do next . I haven’t seen my husband for over 6 months now. We have been away from since our marriage on May 05 2019. Which is more than a year
Feeling helpless
@CDNsoldier do you have any suggestions ..
Unfortunately this could have been predicted. You are applying to visit Canada but you have no proof that you are only coming for a temporary visit. That is why you were refused. Your ties to Canada are stronger than your home country.

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
Unfortunately this could have been predicted. You are applying to visit Canada but you have no proof that you are only coming for a temporary visit. That is why you were refused. Your ties to Canada are stronger than your home country.
You’re so rude and unhelpful. Why are you here? If you’re not going to offer support or constructive advice, leave these poor people alone!

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
^This. This person will try to get under your skin. Learn to ignore their posts. Probably about 1/20 posts from this user is useful.
Gotcha and noted! I just don’t like to see people going through a hard time get trolled. *blinders on* :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: CDNsoldier

confused_aj

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Hi,
I Applied for trv and got approved the next day..I am not sure if I need a visa stamping for the purpose.. as I want to travel as soon as international flights resume
Wow! Great to see a forum member getting approved! Many congrats!! when did you apply and, if you don't mind, what did you state as purpose of travel?

Reactions: KATHIA08

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Hi,
I Applied for trv and got approved the next day..I am not sure if I need a visa stamping for the purpose.. as I want to travel as soon as international flights resume
That’s amazing! If you’re comfortable with it, please provide as much details for everyone as possible.

Reactions: Spvisapr

Spvisapr

Jul 3, 2020
Wow! Great to see a forum member getting approved! Many congrats!! when did you apply and, if you don't mind, what did you state as purpose of travel?
Thank you, I applied on 29th june and got approved on 30th june, for purpose of travel we selected others and under description COVID'19