+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

garuda2020

Jul 1, 2020
Any recent updates to anyone who has sent TRV application in the immediate family member clause after June 9th?
I have one previous rejection for TRV, reapplied for TRV today + Spousal sponsorship in progress (Jan applicant: bio/med/SA done). trying my luck
let's keep each other updated. Thanks :)

Reactions: Andre5 and ZOOZ

neenazack

Nov 2, 2019
@CDNsoldier Congrats for your wife’s approval

Hi I applied for TRV on June 17th and received the refusal on June 18th
but the answer I got was different Than yours. The answer was that the officer is not satisfied that I will leave canada for couple of reasons …

We provided both proof of relationship and quarantine plan and applied the visitor visa under others then wrote Covid-19 in the description

I have my biometrics done and I did my medical.. I received their refusal before them receiving my medical results which was today !

Our Outland application is in process (stuck at London visa office) we submitted the application on October 2019
my husband (Canadian citizen) left comments on twitter accounts of the CIC minister the ambassador in uae and IRCC and others. We sent couple of emails as well ..

Can you please let me know from which country your wife applied her trv??
Hi
I also am in a similar situation
Applied for TRV on 28th June
Received a refusal today. Me and my husband took two weeks to collect all possible documents we could, I’m talking assets, bank letters, however I am not employed and yet we showed all the fund proof
I had also applied for visit visa last year and was refused that also, which is why I didn’t need to show biometrics
ALSo I have an ongoing PR application for spousal sponsorship outside of Canada going on.. my visa office is London and it will be 1 year since it has been stuck there in July 8th 2019
We sent all the possible letters we could even showing letters that our PR application has no movement. I don’t know what to do next . I haven’t seen my husband for over 6 months now. We have been away from since our marriage on May 05 2019. Which is more than a year
Feeling helpless
@CDNsoldier do you have any suggestions ..

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
Hi
Received a refusal today. Me and my husband took two weeks to collect all possible documents we could, I’m talking assets, bank letters, however I am not employed and yet we showed all the fund proof
I had also applied for visit visa last year and was refused that also, which is why I didn’t need to show biometrics
ALSo I have an ongoing PR application for spousal sponsorship outside of Canada going on.. my visa office is London and it will be 1 year since it has been stuck there in July 8th 2019
We sent all the possible letters we could even showing letters that our PR application has no movement. I don’t know what to do next . I haven’t seen my husband for over 6 months now. We have been away from since our marriage on May 05 2019. Which is more than a year
Feeling helpless
Sorry to hear about that!

Is it on hold ? or got refused?

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hi
Feeling helpless
I'm sorry it got refused. It's so strange it was refused in just 3 days. Could you share with us the causes of refusal they wrote you?. When I applied the last year for a visitor visa it was refused also but they took 3 weeks to review the application. I applied again the last week and I'm waiting for the result.

neenazack

Nov 2, 2019
I'm sorry it got refused. It's so strange it was refused in just 3 days. Could you share with us the causes of refusal they wrote you?. When I applied the last year for a visitor visa it was refused also but they took 3 weeks to review the application. I applied again the last week and I'm waiting for the result.
[/QUOTE
Yes it is strange
One reason was because I have family ties in Canada
Makes no sense because my family tie is my husband
And the whole point of applying is because i come under the category of immediate family

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
My wife applied for a TRV from the USA on June 20th [her citizenship is Brazil]. No update at all on her TRV. Going to send the webform today because it is past their normal processing time for the US.

I don't understand their reasons for rejecting some people and not others. Is it GOOD for her to have no family ties in Canada besides me?

Happy Canada Day everyone...

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glad to see it wasn't only me! I've submitted a TRV on 17th June, received biometric collection letter yesterday, and today I got the same letter as OP!

It was so unexpected that I had to re-read the letter and the pages on CIC website several times to make sure I'm not reading something wrong. I immediately sent an enquiry via the webform, included a link to the announcement of the new rules, and asked for clarification. Totally absurd!

Yup, my letter had the same wording.
Hey there,

What is the status of your application ? I am in the same situation as yours. Planning to apply for TRV for my wife and then try for Inland sponsorship.

Please update your status so it may help others.

garuda2020

Jul 1, 2020
@neenazack Where are you applying from? PA country if you don't mind?
Try to order gcms notes for all previous refusal to know the exact reason and see if you can over come those reasons! Since you already have multiple rejections, I would advise to reach out to lawyer if you want to retry.

I have one previous rejection, trying my luck again!

Reactions: lovely89

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
applied on 1 july and received biomentric for my dad today - 2nd July. Applied from India. I think I am stuck here as VFS is closed. I hope they should proceed the application further and give the approval . Any one has any idea how they are dealing with the application now without Biometric?