+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Thanks for replying.I would do the same
I would be my spouse's representative and we would fill 5476e form.Can I use the same gckey account which is linked to my spouse PR application to submit her TRV application .This is my GCKEY account.Will my spouse need to create a seprate gckey account for submitting TRV application
I believe the person applying must have a GCKey in order to apply online.

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
While starting the application there is a questionnaire.Do I need to select main purpose of visit as other in the questionnaire?

Also I was filling the Schedule 1 form since my spouse also has a PR application in process.Do I need to mention the PR application UCI number in Schedule 1 form for TRV or keep that field blank?

blaze123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
While starting the application there is a questionnaire.Do I need to select main purpose of visit as other in the questionnaire?

Also I was filling the Schedule 1 form since my spouse also has a PR application in process.Do I need to mention the PR application UCI number in Schedule 1 form for TRV or keep that field blank?
I don't think Schedule 1 is part of the TRV checklist.

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
Do we need to submit proof that we had a medical exam done.I am getting that in my checklist to submit the proof

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
I have some additional questions.Please can you help me out

I am not able to upload imm5257e form even though it is validated successfully.Should we not include the signature in the form?

I don't find any place to upload the marriage certificate.Can I include it in the invitation letter?

Also I don't find any place to upload the cover letter.Should I include it in other documents?

confused_aj

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Do we need to submit proof that we had a medical exam done.I am getting that in my checklist to submit the proof
How long do you want to stay in Canada? Medical test is not required for a visitor visa unless it is for more than 6 months. I think the chance of rejection will increase significantly for any period longer than 6 months (even 6 months is risky enough :D).

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
How long do you want to stay in Canada? Medical test is not required for a visitor visa unless it is for more than 6 months.
I am applying for visitor visa for my spouse for less than 6 months.In the qiestionnaire I have mentioned yes to Medical exam taken in last 12 months.My spouse took that for her PR application(which is in process)
I am getting a placeholder to upload the medical exam proof in TRV online application

arsalsam786

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I have some additional questions.Please can you help me out

I am not able to upload imm5257e form even though it is validated successfully.Should we not include the signature in the form?

I don't find any place to upload the marriage certificate.Can I include it in the invitation letter?

Also I don't find any place to upload the cover letter.Should I include it in other documents?
you just open the file validate it and submitt no sign required,
marriage certificate submitted in relationship proof,

from me medical required as i also applied for spousal sponsorship so i submitted gckey screen shot medical passed nd fee payement receipt of medical

i didnt added any cover letter....
and applied on 21 jun 2020

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
you just open the file validate it and submitt no sign required,
marriage certificate submitted in relationship proof,

from me medical required as i also applied for spousal sponsorship so i submitted gckey screen shot medical passed nd fee payement receipt of medical

i didnt added any cover letter....
and applied on 21 jun 2020
Thanks For replying.I don't a placeholder such as Proof of relationship.Did you had a placeholder for proof of relationship

confused_aj

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
I am applying for visitor visa for my spouse for less than 6 months.In the qiestionnaire I have mentioned yes to Medical exam taken in last 12 months.My spouse took that for her PR application(which is in process)
I am getting a placeholder to upload the medical exam proof in TRV online application
I see, that makes sense - I didn't get one in my case because the visit is for less than 6 month and answered "NO" for the medical exam question.

arsalsam786

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Thanks For replying.I don't a placeholder such as Proof of relationship.Did you had a placeholder for proof of relationship
yeap i have screen shot of online application prof of relationship but unable to share here i dnt know how to share a pic here

arsalsam786

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I see, that makes sense - I didn't get one in my case because the visit is for less than 6 month and answered "NO" for the medical exam question.
because we said medical done in last 1 year th3y asked from us m3dical even we have apllied for less than 6 month visit visa

arsalsam786

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
one thing more do select covid in purpose of visit, first others then covid because i have read some where that they take those cases fast where purpose of travel is covid.....but i knw this thing after applying so i just select visit......now fingures crossed

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
one thing more do select covid in purpose of visit, first others then covid because i have read some where that they take those cases fast where purpose of travel is covid.....but i knw this thing after applying so i just select visit......now fingures crossed
Thanks for your response.Purpose of bisit as other and then description as covid19 should be mentioned in imm5257e form right?.