+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Process CIC - Update - Landing

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Gurindar said:
Hi All

Just received a call from CIC to complete Landing at CIC-Etobicoke , They asked me if I have any plans of vacation if YES they informed you cannot travel out of country until PR Card is delivered . Amazing part was she said it would take 6-8 weeks which is contradicting 16 days on CIC site.

Anyways she clearly said its a new process which CIC is now following now days to complete Landing though din't disclosed the reason behind it .

In the call she said , She will send a Appointment Letter with appointment date and Time which requires Photo to be clicked for PR Card. I got the mail in next 2 mins.

I was about to do landing yesterday missed it because of weather . If would have landed unnecessarily there would have been an confusion .

I personally believe Plus points on above process.

1. No need to go to border and deal with US folks specially when US visa is not acquired already.
2. Near to home , Hassle and tension free process.
3. Only COPR , Passport and Photo required.
4. Weather doesn't support to go to border specially Buffalo-Niagara Border its more convenient as far as time and money is concerned .
5. Looping out CBSA totally .

Best of Luck .
Hi How did you book your appointment with CIC office in Toronto? I called their number. IVR keeps playing the message but I am unable to progress to the correct option to book the date. Thanks

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
My COPR has incorrect dates for original entry and last entry dates. I thought by landing at the CIC office, I can get them corrected there itself.

atapiat

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Can you do POE in different CIC office than the one closes to you.
For example, I am from Calgary, but if I have to wait 2 months for inland landing can I request for appointment in Edmonton or Saskaatun for example if they can schedule it for 2-3 weeks for example?

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
atapiat said:
For example, I am from Calgary, but if I have to wait 2 months for inland landing can I request for appointment in Edmonton or Saskaatun for example if they can schedule it for 2-3 weeks for example?
You can speak to the agent and find out if you can. During my time, they took my postal code and gave me the nearest CIC office. Didn't give me options.

You can always check with them and see if the rules have changed.

scoot

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
atapiat said:
Lol if you are in Calgary then Carway would be closer to you than Edmonton!!
We drove from Edmonton to Carway to land,then drove to Canmore for the night,on the Saturday we drove up through the Rockies to Jasper,then back to Edmonton,it was great,even had a blizzard at Lake Louise was so glad to be driving an F150 with 4x4.

atapiat

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Hi Scoot

My original plan was to drive to the us border and do flagpoling.
I have read several bad experiences on the net about people doing flagpoling and kinda get scared.
We do not have US visas so I do not know how would that work. Will be have any problems doing flagpling.
Just to be safe I was wondering if we can go to CIC office... i don;t mind even driving to Vancouver if need be.

atapiat

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Toronto2013 said:
You can speak to the agent and find out if you can. During my time, they took my postal code and gave me the nearest CIC office. Didn't give me options.

You can always check with them and see if the rules have changed.
Would it make any difference If a do appointment with CIC and then just drive to the border and make flagpolling?
If I do that do i still need to call cic and cancel the appointment? Might there be any complication with that?

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
atapiat said:
Would it make any difference If a do appointment with CIC and then just drive to the border and make flagpolling?
If I do that do i still need to call cic and cancel the appointment? Might there be any complication with that?
Well, I called CIC and asked for appointment for inland landing. 10 days later I still didn't received the appointment. So I called CIC again and ask if I can do the landing on the border. The agent told me that I can wait additional 2 weeks more for the appointment or if don't want to wait I can go to the border and complete my landing there. So this is what we did yesterday at Lewiston bridge.

scoot

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
atapiat said:
Hi Scoot

My original plan was to drive to the us border and do flagpoling.
I have read several bad experiences on the net about people doing flagpoling and kinda get scared.
We do not have US visas so I do not know how would that work. Will be have any problems doing flagpling.
Just to be safe I was wondering if we can go to CIC office... i don;t mind even driving to Vancouver if need be.
You do not need a US visa as you will NOT enter America!!!
You simply drive down to Carway,drive through the Canadian side and up to the American gates,give your passports over,tell the guy that you are landing for Canadian PR,he will tell you to park in front of the building and come in the front doors,you will wait 5-10mns then get your passports back,and a piece of paper,jump back in your car and drive up to the Canadian gate,hand over passport(s),and landing papers,park your car and sit in the waiting room until they call you.
It really is that simple,and easy!!!

Kachra

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hi,
I have a question regarding landing at border. Do I need a USA visa to do my exit/entry at niagra border? Or as stated above i can just go at the gate and tell them that i am here for PR landing.

thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,
I have a question regarding landing at border. Do I need a USA visa to do my exit/entry at niagra border? Or as stated above i can just go at the gate and tell them that i am here for PR landing.

thanks
Read the post above yours. Process is the same.

Kachra

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hi,

I am planning to do my exit/entry this week. i am residing in canada but my application to restore my status as visitor is still in process and I dont have a legal status in canada yet. will that be an issue or I can show the officer my application for restoration of status??

thanks