Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
Dr_Midnite said:
Hi

Ok, you need to land first. You should have the option to cross the border in south Alberta, Couts (Spelling may be wrong) unless you are called to an inland interview/landing session.

Yes she can land later, the only rule is you have to land as principle applicant first.

When you have landed you partner can cross the border in BC, she will need the original COPR documents you have received.

She can then complete the landing process.

Thx

A
thanks for support and suggestion !!

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
People who are living outside of Canada and applied for PR are also being asked to attend the interview in their nearest VISA office. Is there anyone in our forum too ? I heard few got emails to attend interview in New Delhi. Just want to confirm by asking you guys in forum

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Charlie79 said:
ha ha ha, me too Dec 3rd. Milda haan tainu bro :)
you also got it on 3rd , Sure why not .

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
caththisking said:
People who are living outside of Canada and applied for PR are also being asked to attend the interview in their nearest VISA office. Is there anyone in our forum too ? I heard few got emails to attend interview in New Delhi. Just want to confirm by asking you guys in forum
Looks like they introduced same procedure as FSW. Calling people for interview. Do you mind sharing your interview email ? or alteast the least of documents asked to bring in for interview ? or if any additional documents requested ?

P.S.I guess you are the first one I came across.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Goku said:
Looks like they introduced same procedure as FSW. Calling people for interview. Do you mind sharing your interview email ? or alteast the least of documents asked to bring in for interview ? or if any additional documents requested ?

P.S.I guess you are the first one I came across.
I guess that would be an interview , How come Landing formalities can be done in India ?

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
Gurindar said:
I guess that would be an interview , How come Landing formalities can be done in India ?
I second that, landing formalities cannot be outside Canada. It should be either in the port of entry to Canada or within Canada.

Wonderclicks

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Want to share my experience of Landing at CIC office at etobicoke today .

Got an appointment at 8 am to 11 am .
Reached office at sharp 7:45 am , There were 6-7 people ahead of me to do landing in the queue . Within half an hour got a call from cic agent for interview. Interview is too big a word for the meeting whereas its moreover I feel a formality .

Handed over passports and COPR of both myself and my wife . I made them aware that original date of entry is wrong and they printed new set of documents (COPR) to rectify it which I believe is a + point of doing Landing at CIC office .

They asked set questions - Any dependents apart from wife , Any criminal offence - which both of us said "NO"

That's all , They took our photographs and pasted on respective COPR documents and asked both of us to sign , Once signed returned copy of it . They made us aware that COPR is an important document so keep it in a proper safe place without laminating it . Its useful also for Pension somewhere down the line in future.

Once signed , Agent congratulated and said the magic words " You are now Permanent resident of Canada" , Me and my wife just had a shine in our eyes and shared a smile watching each other .

Agent made us aware of SIN and OHIP update where SIN can be updated after a week as currently CIC system take time to be in sync with SIN system .

So the journey full of patience and perseverance is Over and I don't get happy easily but for sure this very day made me certainly happy .

I wish again everybody best of luck to people who are showing patience on their respective stages to be PR . Patience is the only key here that's all I interpreted with my journey .

Thank you all .

Reactions: GodLuck

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
The_Dark_Knight said:
Gurindar,
All the best for your Landing Interview today.

Keep us posted.
Thanks Bro for your wishes ,so nice of you .

Please find the update shared.

Charlie79

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Gurindar said:
Want to share my experience of Landing at CIC office at etobicoke today .
This is the exact thing that happened with us as well at their office. we reached there at 8 AM and my date of original entry was also not correct whereas it was correct for my wife and my daughter.
The officer shredded the original COPR of all 3 of us and issued a new COPR. She said that their office doesn't take the COPR issued by ottawa in their existing form and they have to print new documents in this office.
Rest all process was same as Gurindar has mentioned. The interview was merely a formality.

Good luck to all who have been waiting patiently for quite some time now.

Regards,

Reactions: GodLuck

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Gurindar said:
Thanks Bro for your wishes ,so nice of you .

Please find the update shared.
Thanks for sharing & it was nice to know that it went fine.

As many other posts also suggested that its a mere formality, but the verbiage of the interview request mail & the lenght of interview time (2-3 hours) do sound intimidating...haha

Anyway as the saying goes 'All's well that ends well' :p

Have a good life as a Canada PR.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
The_Dark_Knight said:
Thanks for sharing & it was nice to know that it went fine.

As many other posts also suggested that its a mere formality, but the verbiage of the interview request mail & the lenght of interview time (2-3 hours) do sound intimidating...haha

Anyway as the saying goes 'All's well that ends well' :p

Have a good life as a Canada PR.
Thanks again and you too.

Charlie79

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Gurindar said:
Thanks again and you too.
Gurinder did you update your SIN yet? Also could you please share what your eCAS status is right now? Mine is still saying Decision Made. Not sure whether it has to be COMPLETE before they start processing the PR card.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Charlie79 said:
Gurinder did you update your SIN yet? Also could you please share what your eCAS status is right now? Mine is still saying Decision Made. Not sure whether it has to be COMPLETE before they start processing the PR card.
Yes I did it Today ;D , Mine is still Decision Made , Asked a Question in another thread what changes I can track in e-cas once we Land as I am not aware of it .
if you know please share.