Raised Webforms, talked to the MP
Replied to the Email,
Only so much you can do
Infuriating.
Waiting since June 11, more than 8 weeks

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
IRCC has sworn to make my life miserable. At every stage they have frustrated and made me anxious. Now my PR card has been mailed since July 21 and I still haven’t received it . Even though they told me it will take six weeks to get to me , I know people here get their cards within a week after it has mailed to them . I want to know is anybody waiting long like me for their card?

• Haha
Reactions: td88

VinnyK

Aug 4, 2021
Hi All, i received my first email requesting name UCI etc. on July 29th. i replied the same day. I haven't received login credentials yet (as of Aug 4). anyone in same boat? waiting for login credentials email.

paontario

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
Do you know how to link the p.r card application to the gckey account?
Follow steps given in this thread (except for "city of birth" which should be exactly same as your passport):
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/

Or you can call IRCC helpline and ask them to help with PR card application, they will transfer you to PR card application team who can link your PR card application with GCKey and will give you a reference number starting with R.

Reactions: Narhea
Jul 28, 2020
Got my approval mail just now. Below are the timelines.
Only the physical card is left, hope to receive it soon. All the best to everyone.

AOR : July 24, 2020
First email : Aug 1, 2021
Login Email : Aug 3, 2021
ECOPR email : Aug 4, 2021 (ECOPR available for download, but case was under review)
Approval email : Aug 4, 2021 (Email said - IRCC has approved and closed your case. Your PR card will be mailed to you at the address provided). Happened both for my spouse and myself together almost at the same time. In the Portal I now see 'Closed and Accepted'

paontario

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
Got my approval mail just now. Below are the timelines.
Only the physical card is left, hope to receive it soon. All the best to everyone.

AOR : July 24, 2020
First email : Aug 1, 2021
Login Email : Aug 3, 2021
ECOPR email : Aug 4, 2021 (ECOPR available for download, but case was under review)
Approval email : Aug 4, 2021 (Email said - IRCC has approved and closed your case. Your PR card will be mailed to you at the address provided). Happened both for my spouse and myself together almost at the same time. In the Portal I now see 'Closed and Accepted'
Congrats.. that was fast after a long wait...

jsons

Jun 28, 2021
I don’t understand how much longer it could be for the COPR
First email June 26th
Information uploaded June 30th
Still waiting, haven’t heard a thing,
Raised Webforms, talked to the MP
Replied to the Email,
Only so much you can do
Infuriating.
Waiting since June 20

PSpharwaha

May 12, 2019
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19 January 2020
AOR Received.
20 January 2020
File Transfer...
May 2020
Med's Done....
4 February 2020
Hi everyone,

I am in Canada. I still have not received my first PR Card.

I have received my CoPR through email in Feb 2021 from the IRCC in Montreal.

As requested in the email in order to get the PR card, I had to mail back (through Canada Post) 2 photos and the CoPR to the provided address in Montreal in Feb 2021. ( just a few days after the CoPR acknowledgment)

I have not heard anything from IRCC since then, I have not received any kind of acknowledgment about the status of my first PR application.

As you know the current processing time for New PR card is 50 days. And I have been waiting for about 150 days so far.

My questions are:

- Do I need to register on the new PR Portal and submit a new PR application? is this going to make any kind of conflict with what I already sent to IRCC by mail?
- If not, what do you think I should do at the moment? Should I just keep waiting?

Thanks for reading my question.
Have you linked your PR card application to your CIC account ? I hope you might have tried calling IRCC regarding your card. If not, then try to ask them regarding the delay.

PSpharwaha

May 12, 2019
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19 January 2020
AOR Received.
20 January 2020
File Transfer...
May 2020
Med's Done....
4 February 2020
Do you know how to link the p.r card application to the gckey account?
Linking PR Card application;

1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.

2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages

3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"

4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"

5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"

6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES

7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here

8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.

9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down

10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview

11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.

12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.

EwIslandgirl

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hi All, i received my first email requesting name UCI etc. on July 29th. i replied the same day. I haven't received login credentials yet (as of Aug 4). anyone in same boat? waiting for login credentials email.
Same… first email on July 29th
I received 2nd email with Credentials today!! Hopefully you will receive by the end of the week.

Reactions: VinnyK