+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR card processing time

dangboby

Mar 10, 2019
I landed Canada as PR in November 2022 but still have not received PR card. Is this normal? I put a case specific enquiry and they said they are looking to respond to it... I see here that some people received their PR card 1 month after landing!

I had to apply for a PR travel document because it seemed like I was waiting forever for the PR card...
Also does a delay in linking GCKey to the PR application have anything to do with it?

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
I landed Canada as PR in November 2022 but still have not received PR card. Is this normal? I put a case specific enquiry and they said they are looking to respond to it... I see here that some people received their PR card 1 month after landing!

I had to apply for a PR travel document because it seemed like I was waiting forever for the PR card...
Also does a delay in linking GCKey to the PR application have anything to do with it?
I am in the same situation as you, i landed on Dec 3rd,2022 and still haven't received my card and unable to link my application

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

The linking has no impact in PR card processing. It is just to track the progress of application.

I am in the same situation as you, i landed on Dec 3rd,2022 and still haven't received my card and unable to link my application
What issue are you facing while linking ?

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
The linking has no impact in PR card processing. It is just to track the progress of application.

What issue are you facing while linking ?
It says, my application cannot be found. I tried all possible ways over the past 3 days (5 attempts a day).

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
It says, my application cannot be found. I tried all possible ways over the past 3 days (5 attempts a day).
okay, most likely the issue is with place of birth, try entering as
1. As per passport - CITY,(SPACE)STATE . This is if you hold Indian passport
2. If pt1 doesnt work, as per GCMS notes. If you have had ordered GCMS notes, look into it as to how the place of birth appears
3. if pt1 and pt2 dont work, As per CoPR

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
okay, most likely the issue is with place of birth, try entering as
1. As per passport - CITY,(SPACE)STATE . This is if you hold Indian passport
2. If pt1 doesnt work, as per GCMS notes. If you have had ordered GCMS notes, look into it as to how the place of birth appears
3. if pt1 and pt2 dont work, As per CoPR
I will try again tomorrow, especially with the place of birth. On the passport, it says "RAJAHMUNDRY ,ANDHRA PRADESH". But on my CoPR it says "RAJAHMUNDRY,". I always tried entering a space after the city name but didn't try giving a space after the "comma"/ before entering the STATE name.

Thank you so much, CNP.

Reactions: CNP

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I will try again tomorrow, especially with the place of birth. On the passport, it says "RAJAHMUNDRY ,ANDHRA PRADESH". But on my CoPR it says "RAJAHMUNDRY,". I always tried entering a space after the city name but didn't try giving a space after the "comma"/ before entering the STATE name.

Thank you so much, CNP.
To have space after city is strange. Anyways did you try as you mentioned? any luck there after ?

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
It’s not 24hrs yet buddy, 8 more hours still :).
Dude, you are awesome. Finally, i was able to link it. It says the final decision was made on January 17, 2023. "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive. ". It's been more than 6 weeks and still hasn't received it !! Ugh.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Dude, you are awesome. Finally, i was able to link it. It says the final decision was made on January 17, 2023. "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive. ". It's been more than 6 weeks and still hasn't received it !! Ugh.
Great that you were able to link. I experienced a similar situation - my card did not arrive even after 3 weeks and upon contacting IRCC, I was informed that the card was returned.

So now you can do this to know the current status of your card - Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press two i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the Message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 330 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - dont wait to hear out the refugee messages

Reactions: saiGaz

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Great that you were able to link. I experienced a similar situation - my card did not arrive even after 3 weeks and upon contacting IRCC, I was informed that the card was returned.

So now you can do this to know the current status of your card - Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press two i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the Message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 330 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - dont wait to hear out the refugee messages
Thanks a lot, your saving tons of time for me or anyone in this situation. I will call them in the morning.

Last edited:

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020

I called them and I spoke to an agent (there was a lot of redialing). I got instructions to submit it again, this time I will get that to my home address. @CNP I am hoping they will put that in the mailbox. Or do we need to sign and take it