+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Solemn Declaration Processing Time

Sep 4, 2019
I phoned immigration yesterday & they initially said they were working off Oct 3rd. When I asked why there's been a stop in processing (As they were working off Oct 3rd over 2 weeks ago too) they said it can be for a number of reasons. They put me on hold & came back to say they posted my card that day - I sent in my SD mid November so I dont know how they have it done but I'll keep checking my mail over the next few days. For anyone who submitted their SD in October, it might be worth calling them again.

It's a painful process! I hope we all get past it soon.

anand4udel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
I phoned immigration yesterday & they initially said they were working off Oct 3rd. When I asked why there's been a stop in processing (As they were working off Oct 3rd over 2 weeks ago too) they said it can be for a number of reasons. They put me on hold & came back to say they posted my card that day - I sent in my SD mid November so I dont know how they have it done but I'll keep checking my mail over the next few days. For anyone who submitted their SD in October, it might be worth calling them again.

I did call them last week.. same 3rd Oct was the date mentioned.. but nothing that mine was processed... since I had faxed on 18th Oct. Will check again last week of March.

anand4udel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017

Hi there! Have you received your card by any chance.. :)

BR
Anand

anand4udel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hi ,

Called them just now, looks like they are processing SD for 4th Dec 2022. However for my case, it was not uploaded yet in the system and asked me to fax it back again.
Note sure were is problem.

BR
Anand

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Thanks, @CNP for pointing me to this thread and helping me on the other thread.

Hello, Everyone, I just faxed my SD today, since my first PR card was never received, they said it was mailed on Jan 17th, 2023.

anand4udel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Thanks, @CNP for pointing me to this thread and helping me on the other thread.

Hello, Everyone, I just faxed my SD today, since my first PR card was never received, they said it was mailed on Jan 17th, 2023.
Just a feedback, do check that fax is delivered properly.. not sure what was the issue in my case.. Now we have to apply for PRTD.. since we had to come out of CA.

BR
Anand

Reactions: saiGaz

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Just a feedback, do check that fax is delivered properly.. not sure what was the issue in my case.. Now we have to apply for PRTD.. since we had to come out of CA.

BR
Anand
I appreciate the feedback Anand. Yes, I agree that we have to check it’s faxed properly. I was in the UPS store for 40 mins because the fax # always used to get busy/not reachable. After few attempts finally it went and we got acknowledgment of “OK”.

marez01

Mar 1, 2021
Hi, my card was mailed on 8th Feb and I never received it. I faxed SD today. First question, how long does it take nowadays for them to resend? Second question, I got the confirmation receipt, so does that mean that they received it? Thank you.

marez01

Mar 1, 2021
I appreciate the feedback Anand. Yes, I agree that we have to check it’s faxed properly. I was in the UPS store for 40 mins because the fax # always used to get busy/not reachable. After few attempts finally it went and we got acknowledgment of “OK”.
Hi, I got a confirmation receipt but how do I make sure that they receive the fax? Could you please specify? Thank you.

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Hi, I got a confirmation receipt but how do I make sure that they receive the fax? Could you please specify? Thank you.
I am not sure either, but my profile got updated. I mean "Date Submitted," says March 23rd, 2023, it's the date that I faxed my SD. Sorry, for the late response.

marez01

Mar 1, 2021
I am not sure either, but my profile got updated. I mean "Date Submitted," says March 23rd, 2023, it's the date that I faxed my SD. Sorry, for the late response.
Thank you. Was it updated right after you faxed SD or was there any delay in between.

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
I just spoke with the IRCC agent, he told me that they are currently on Feb 3rd, 2023 SD forms processing. Not sure how long it will take to reach to Mar 23rd, 2023.