+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Solemn Declaration Processing Time

marez01

Mar 1, 2021
Can you let me know what time did you call IRCC? I tried calling them first thing in the morning but it always got to automated messaging saying there are too people in line and the agent is unable to answer my call before it hangs up. Perhaps you can share the number you called? Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

I am the principal applicant, entered Canada last October with my family. We got a UPS mailbox and IRCC mailed my card in Jan. UPS did not tell me until March (when I asked) that I got a card. However it's only my card and I stilling waiting for the rest of my family. Not sure what happened.
I usually get connected after 2-3 trials after hearing that it is busy and after that I had to wait around 30 minutes to get connected to an agent.

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Seems like they are reviewing my application now, all the previous details that I used to see on my profile, I am not seeing them now.

Final decision -
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

marez01

Mar 1, 2021
Seems like they are reviewing my application now, all the previous details that I used to see on my profile, I am not seeing them now.

Final decision -
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
That's promising. Your SD was on 23rd March, right? Did you receive an email or did you see that when you logged in?

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
That's promising. Your SD was on 23rd March, right? Did you receive an email or did you see that when you logged in?
that’s correct march 23rd. I never received any emails on the update. I think it was 2 days back that I had all the details of my PR card on when they sent but today after l logged in, I’m seeing different.

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
that’s correct march 23rd. I never received any emails on the update. I think it was 2 days back that I had all the details of my PR card on when they sent but today after l logged in, I’m seeing different.
  • On May 26, 2023, Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
I was on call this morning with an agent and he said right now the office is processing for "March 7th, 2023" application. But after 3hrsi logged in to my profile and saw that my PR card is mailed and it will take up to 6 weeks. I am really hoping this time it will deliver correctly.

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
  • On May 26, 2023, Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
I was on call this morning with an agent and he said right now the office is processing for "March 7th, 2023" application. But after 3hrsi logged in to my profile and saw that my PR card is mailed and it will take up to 6 weeks. I am really hoping this time it will deliver correctly.
Received my PR card !!!! It took only 1 week to deliver. Thank you everyone. I wish you guys all the best if anyone is still waiting.

thanks @CNP

Ugbaja59

Oct 26, 2019
Hi everyone, I just submitted a SD for card never received but I think I made a mistake. I filled the date never received as the last as day I was supposed to receive it. I’m also just seeing that it takes about three months but I’m moving to new province August ending. What should I do? Do you think I should fax another SD? Or should I call? I’m so confused right now. I also wrote that I never received my card cause I don’t live in that address anymore.

Amirpouyan87

Nov 4, 2019
Hi Everyone,

My first PR card was mailed on May 4th, but I never received it, so yesterday I submitted the SD form. I would like to know what has really happened since IRCC insisted that the initial card had been handed over to Canada Post? Does Canada Post lose it? Is there a guarantee that the same issue will not occur again if we wait +90 days for SD to be processed?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi Everyone,

My first PR card was mailed on May 4th, but I never received it, so yesterday I submitted the SD form. I would like to know what has really happened since IRCC insisted that the initial card had been handed over to Canada Post? Does Canada Post lose it? Is there a guarantee that the same issue will not occur again if we wait +90 days for SD to be processed?
Did you call and check with IRCC it the card was returned to them ? If not, try to call and confirm.

Amirpouyan87

Nov 4, 2019
Did you call and check with IRCC it the card was returned to them ? If not, try to call and confirm.
I Did, It was never returned to IRCC. I checked with 3 different agents. really worried that the same happen for the second one as well.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I Did, It was never returned to IRCC. I checked with 3 different agents. really worried that the same happen for the second one as well.
okay, I hope you also confirmed if the address that the card was mailed to is correct. If yes, unfortunately no option but to file SD. You should also check with IRCC on what needs to be done to avoid the same issue. Good luck !

Amirpouyan87

Nov 4, 2019
Hi Folks,
My SD form was delivered to IRCC four days ago. Today, the old card information has been removed and the application is once again in progress.

Can they possibly be working on it? It was my assumption that the SD form would take +93 days to process.

Jun 15, 2020
Hello everyone,

Is there a particular phone number to call if a PR card is not received, I mean how do I confirm from IRCC if my PR card was returned to them? And are there particular options to select when dialing the IRCC number to be able to properly enquire about the status of the card?

My PR card was mailed on 27 March 2023 but I never received it. I sent in an SD form with a registered mail with Canada Post which was delivered on 30 June 2023. Since then I have not heard anything back. I am really frustrated about this as all four members of my household (wife and kids) have all received their cards and I am the only one going through this tortuous situation and it is not making any sense.

I will appreciate any guidance and help I can get on this.

Thanks so much.

Eniola Olaleye
Winnipeg

iota.r73

Aug 4, 2023
Hello everyone,

Is there a particular phone number to call if a PR card is not received, I mean how do I confirm from IRCC if my PR card was returned to them? And are there particular options to select when dialing the IRCC number to be able to properly enquire about the status of the card?

My PR card was mailed on 27 March 2023 but I never received it. I sent in an SD form with a registered mail with Canada Post which was delivered on 30 June 2023. Since then I have not heard anything back. I am really frustrated about this as all four members of my household (wife and kids) have all received their cards and I am the only one going through this tortuous situation and it is not making any sense.

I will appreciate any guidance and help I can get on this.

Thanks so much.

Eniola Olaleye
Winnipeg
Hi Eniola,

I know it can be extremely frustrating but it is what it is.

I have been in a similar situation. I arrived as a PR last year in September. My wife's card arrived in February 2023. Mine didn't. I sent a Solemn Declaration (SD) in mid-Feb that IRCC received in mid-March. I got an update yesterday with the good news that my new card had been mailed. Hoping to receive it shortly!

The last time I checked, the processing time for SD was ~90 days from the day IRCC receives one's SD. For me, it would have taken more than 5 months since they received my SD, more than 6 months since I sent the SD, and almost a year since I arrived in Canada.

I wish that your SD does not take as long and your card is mailed before mid-September. While I am sure that my case was an aberration, you should be prepared to wait for at least three months after they confirm receipt of your SD (which could be different from when it was delivered). You won't get to hear anything except when they print and mail your new card.

If you don't hear anything and are stressed, you should call IRCC at +1(888)242-2100 (press 2 to skip UCI, and 340 immediately after that to connect directly). Unfortunately, those calls may still not help much as the agent will only be able to tell you if and when IRCC received your SD and whether the office in charge has started working on it. If it gets super-late (as it happened in my case), the IRCC agent can trigger an escalation that the office has to respond to within 60 days.

The last resort, if gets super-duper delayed, is to reach out to your local MP over email. The MP's office will assign a case manager to you who can help get responses directly from the office. This should be the last resort if you don't hear anything positive till mid-October. The MP's office may not be able to help much if the processing timelines haven't been exceeded yet.

I hope you don't have to go through any of this and you get your card before/within September.

Best of luck!

Reactions: qqylotomxmtgnmikst