+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR card processing time

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I called them and I spoke to an agent (there was a lot of redialing). I got instructions to submit it again, this time I will get that to my home address. @CNP I am hoping they will put that in the mailbox. Or do we need to sign and take it
Sorry what is the issue with your card ? You do not need a signature, it is delivered via normal Canada post (which unfortunately you cant even track)

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Sorry what is the issue with your card ? You do not need a signature, it is delivered via normal Canada post (which unfortunately you cant even track)
She didn't say anything, and she didn't even say that card was returned back, they are not seeing anything, and all she said is that card was mailed on Jan 17th, 2023. But if I need to update the address then I need to submit the Solemn declaration form. Ughhh another sleepless nights now again.

I am just heading to Fax that form.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
She didn't say anything, and she didn't even say that card was returned back, they are not seeing anything, and all she said is that card was mailed on Jan 17th, 2023. But if I need to update the address then I need to submit the Solemn declaration form. Ughhh another sleepless nights now again.

I am just heading to Fax that form.
okay, you will have to switch the threads then :) - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-solemn-declaration-processing-time.727183/page-20#post-10405604

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Guys,
I am looking to apply for renewal of PR card for my wife and I just learn that IRCC have new online portal to renew PR card. But also learn from somewhere that online process is taking more time then paper application ? Is that true ? if so, anyone here knows how much time online application is taking vs paper application ?

Shatami89

May 29, 2023
okay, most likely the issue is with place of birth, try entering as
1. As per passport - CITY,(SPACE)STATE . This is if you hold Indian passport
2. If pt1 doesnt work, as per GCMS notes. If you have had ordered GCMS notes, look into it as to how the place of birth appears
3. if pt1 and pt2 dont work, As per CoPR
thanks! it really helped I finally linked mine as well. A quick question though, do you know why my wife is unable to link hers? is hers also under mine? I was the principle applicant. thanks

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
thanks! it really helped I finally linked mine as well. A quick question though, do you know why my wife is unable to link hers? is hers also under mine? I was the principle applicant. thanks
No, pr card application is separate for each applicant (not related to who is primary or dependent). You may possibly are entering information which doesn't match with what IRCC has. here is what you can do -

Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - don't wait to hear out the refugee messages .Once you get hold of an agent, ask for your PR card application number ( it starts with letter "R"). You can go then link your card application using application number option.

Reactions: Shatami89

vikas.trades25

Jan 8, 2019
Hi All.
Landed on May 19, 2023 as outland applicant via land border. Havent yet received the initial pr card. Could anyone tell me if anyone who landed in April or May has received their pr cards. Current processing time shows 28 days.

Shatami89

May 29, 2023
Hi All.
Landed on May 19, 2023 as outland applicant via land border. Havent yet received the initial pr card. Could anyone tell me if anyone who landed in April or May has received their pr cards. Current processing time shows 28 days.
Hi
We landed on May 16th. My wife got hers a week ago and my photo was refused, so I sent again and they told me to wait another 3 weeks…

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi All.
Have you linked your PR card application to GCKey - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

What does the status say ? Also, did you receive a photo resubmission request which you might have missed ?

Shatami89

May 29, 2023
Have you linked your PR card application to GCKey - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

What does the status say ? Also, did you receive a photo resubmission request which you might have missed ?
Ay that time I had not linked it to my account so I received an email on June 16th for the photo resubmission. I called last week and they told me to wait 3 weeks…
Currently the status say that they are processing…

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Ay that time I had not linked it to my account so I received an email on June 16th for the photo resubmission. I called last week and they told me to wait 3 weeks…
Currently the status say that they are processing…
Have you linked it now ? Also, since you already have contacted IRCC, not sure why are you panicking :) . You should expect a delay since you received photo resubmission request. Probably your application is now put back in queue.

Follow this thread for latest timelines including photo resubmission cases - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-renewal-new-2022-processing-timeline.760981/page-181#post-10545416

Shatami89

May 29, 2023
Have you linked it now ? Also, since you already have contacted IRCC, not sure why are you panicking :) . You should expect a delay since you received photo resubmission request. Probably your application is now put back in queue.
Yeah linked, no panic it’s only that I cannot leave the country…

Reactions: CNP

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Hi everyone!
Here is my timeline so far...
Portal 1: June 28th
Portal 2: June 29th
eCoPR: July 5th
PR card:

I am unable to link my card application to my gckey account, I've tried for the past week or so in many different ways on field "city/town of birth" including PR card application number, but still not working. I know is too soon to receive my card but just wanted to link it :(

Shatami89

May 29, 2023
Hi everyone!
Here is my timeline so far...
Portal 1: June 28th
Portal 2: June 29th
eCoPR: July 5th
PR card:

I am unable to link my card application to my gckey account, I've tried for the past week or so in many different ways on field "city/town of birth" including PR card application number, but still not working. I know is too soon to receive my card but just wanted to link it :(
Hi I had exactly the same problem, try to take a picture of your confirmation of permanent residence, then copy the place of birth with iphone from the picture and paste it! It was the only way I found!
Good luck

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Hi I had exactly the same problem, try to take a picture of your confirmation of permanent residence, then copy the place of birth with iphone from the picture and paste it! It was the only way I found!
Good luck
Thanks for your response, unfortunately on my eCoPR city/town of birth is empty, only mentions the country.