+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
For those who are not able to merge documents into a single PDF, I have found that using Microsoft Print to PDF works. The IMM form will be printed as a PDF and then you can merge as per normal. Using the Adobe PDF function does not work. Only on Windows. That was how I had no problems or complaints with single slot for uploads.
good way
Hope IRCC excuses applicants on a humanitarian basis because of so many unknowns about the new tr to pr stream. Most of us don't have the resources or time to fight IRCC in courts if they decide to penalize people for accidental human errors on the PR application.
This online service will be unavailable from 11:30 p.m. Monday, May 17, 2021 to 5:30 a.m., Tuesday, May 18, 2021 Eastern time, in order to perform system maintenance.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

Date modifield: 2021-05-14

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
For those who are not able to merge documents into a single PDF, I have found that using Microsoft Print to PDF works. The IMM form will be printed as a PDF and then you can merge as per normal. Using the Adobe PDF function does not work. Only on Windows. That was how I had no problems or complaints with single slot for uploads.
Hi, I wonder, you merged PDF forms file is digital PDF or scanned PDF?

Last edited:

Guviiiii

Oct 5, 2018
I have a quick question. What about TR to PR Essential worker (Non-Healthcare) public policy? Can we include the hours we worked in an essential NOC during our study permit?

okosaga

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Any one know which land POE in Toronto. I am thinking if one can get a post graduate work permit at any point of entry in Toronto. I completed a certificate course last year, instead of applying for PGWP, I apply for another 1 year program starting this september and got my student permit renew. But with all this new opportunity, I have decided to get my PGWP instead.

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Guys asking for a friend since she didnt wanna ask directly due to stress, she has two schedule A forms filled, scanned and signed, the first one she scanned had mistakes like she forgot to mention her visa refusal (she always mentioned it for her previous visitor visa applications) but then she realised it promptly and corrected it again with scanning and signing but unfortunately at the time of uploading she uploaded the wrong one in the portal, which had mistakes and some missing info, so what is the solution now? Raising a webform or waiting for the AOR?

Jatt Saab

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Although you should wait for the AOR to send any query regarding submitted application , i would suggest you to raise the webform regarding the same .You will probably get a response that they cannot forward your query without AOR but that way you can prove yourself later on that you tried to let IRCC about the issue and once she receive AOR , ask her to send the query ASAP
Guys asking for a friend since she didnt wanna ask directly due to stress, she has two schedule A forms filled, scanned and signed, the first one she scanned had mistakes like she forgot to mention her visa refusal (she always mentioned it for her previous visitor visa applications) but then she realised it promptly and corrected it again with scanning and signing but unfortunately at the time of uploading she uploaded the wrong one in the portal, which had mistakes and some missing info, so what is the solution now? Raising a webform or waiting for the AOR?

corny.tan

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Hi, I wonder, you merged PDF forms file is digital PDF or scanned PDF?
Some digital, some scanned. Scanned ones were those which required a signature. I know there's an electronic signature at the end of the application that will cover all the uploaded documents, but I didn't care about it.

Yes, it's possible to merge digital PDFs without having to print and scan the IMM forms. As I said, use the Microsoft Print to PDF function to print the IMM form as a PDF. This won't work for Mac computers.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Some digital, some scanned. Scanned ones were those which required a signature. I know there's an electronic signature at the end of the application that will cover all the uploaded documents, but I didn't care about it.

Yes, it's possible to merge digital PDFs without having to print and scan the IMM forms. As I said, use the Microsoft Print to PDF function to print the IMM form as a PDF. This won't work for Mac computers.
Thanks . I have never thought there is Microsoft Printer- save to PDF :)
However, this is not a digital PDF (original), but a scanned PDF. The machine cannot read this scanned PDF.
That why IRCC guys screwed up with 40k applications. Of course, they will figure it out how to fix it soon.

Are All PDF Documents the Same?
No, they are not. PDF documents can be created in a variety of ways. The two main methods you will commonly come across are PDFs created by an electronic source and PDFs created by scanning in paper documents. This results in a “native” PDF and a scanned PDF, respectively. This is important because the way a PDF is created has an impact on how you can interact with the PDF content later on.
https://www.investintech.com/resources/articles/scanned-pdf-faq/

corny.tan

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Thanks . I have never thought there is Microsoft Printer- save to PDF :)
However, this is not a digital PDF (original), but a scanned PDF. The machine cannot read this scanned PDF.
That why IRCC guys screwed up with 40k applications. Of course, they will figure it out how to fix it soon.

Are All PDF Documents the Same?
No, they are not. PDF documents can be created in a variety of ways. The two main methods you will commonly come across are PDFs created by an electronic source and PDFs created by scanning in paper documents. This results in a “native” PDF and a scanned PDF, respectively. This is important because the way a PDF is created has an impact on how you can interact with the PDF content later on.
https://www.investintech.com/resources/articles/scanned-pdf-faq/
Ahhh okay, thanks for pointing out the difference in PDF types to me! You are really meticulous in this differentiation!

Yes, using Microsoft Print to PDF will result in a scanned PDF (Adobe PDF is not able to do this). So yes, to make things clearer, the IMM form now becomes a scanned PDF from its original digital PDF, and from there, the scanned PDF can be used to merge with other PDF documents. All these without having to use a physical printer (for those without a printer like myself) then scan and upload later on.

Reactions: Tomican

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Thank you. The only thing that concerns me is I have at times worked more than 20 hours a week while I was on study permit. I do have all the paystubs, T4 as I only worked under one employer.
IRCC will deeply look into your profile for that. Was it when you had breaks?

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Who's to say rly, many people got away with working 23-25 hrs per week.... Anyways, it's not allowed and could damage your application permanently.
I really don't know how they do this? Won't IRCC be able to check Records of Employment or T4s with higher than usual incomes? This system seems totally honour based where people are usually reported or caught when they are randomly checked like that truck driver a few years ago.