+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
No, I meant for them not implementing a check at the application level, as some (chatty lawyer) said it would be. That you need to enter your test result number to be able to access the application.
Yeah that was surprising since its there in EE and new study permit portal. They really put too much faith in us as a result a lot of spots have been wasted.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Yeah that was surprising since its there in EE and new study permit portal. They really put too much faith in us as a result a lot of spots have been wasted.
Where's this new SP portal? Couldn't find it anywhere.

tameezs

May 21, 2018
Hello everyone!

I am a Pakistani student, currently in 3rd year of my undergraduate degree. Before the start of my undergraduate studies I had applied and gotten into York university and then subsequently also had my student visa application approved.. my passport contains the counterfoil even.. however, due to some reasons, I decided to stay back and complete my undergraduate studies here in Pakistan... the counterfoil on my passport is valid till May-June 2022..

Now I intend to apply for master's degree program in various Canadian universities, and hope to start my master's degree in Fall 2022.. can anybody guide me as to what will be the procedure? will I have to apply for a new student visa from scratch, or will I be eligible for a renewal somehow? please guide me.. thanks in advance..

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello everyone!

I am a Pakistani student, currently in 3rd year of my undergraduate degree. Before the start of my undergraduate studies I had applied and gotten into York university and then subsequently also had my student visa application approved.. my passport contains the counterfoil even.. however, due to some reasons, I decided to stay back and complete my undergraduate studies here in Pakistan... the counterfoil on my passport is valid till May-June 2022..

Now I intend to apply for master's degree program in various Canadian universities, and hope to start my master's degree in Fall 2022.. can anybody guide me as to what will be the procedure? will I have to apply for a new student visa from scratch, or will I be eligible for a renewal somehow? please guide me.. thanks in advance..
Wrong thread.

Ajay Kapal

Nov 12, 2018
Hello,

The minister of immigration of Canada announced today a new policy that will help international students stay in Canada. I was going over the requirements and I have some questions about my eligibility.

I took one year program (full-time 2019-2020), and was granted a postgrad certificate in International Fashion Management.

The policy says:

" one or more diploma/certificate/attestation where the following conditions are met:
  • For diplomas/certificates/attestations, each program of study must be at least 8 months in duration and the combined length of the credential(s) must be equivalent to a two-year credential (at least 16 months in duration)."
Does it mean that I can apply since I have one year program? Or it means, I can't apply because they are asking for a 16 months length credentials?

It seems to me that, if I have one year program I can apply because they are asking for at least 8 month duration. If I had more than one diploma, certificate and wanted to combine them together, the length should not be less than 16 months.

Does it make sense? Or I'm complete wrong here? Pleaseeee help me!!!! Thanks in advance :)

Ajay Kapal

Nov 12, 2018
Hai, I wish to apply my PR application through Canada's new tr to pr pathway program. I work in a long term care as a dietary aide and I've completed 1560 hours of working hours. Am I eligible to apply my PR through essential healthcare care worker stream?

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Hai, I wish to apply my PR application through Canada's new tr to pr pathway program. I work in a long term care as a dietary aide and I've completed 1560 hours of working hours. Am I eligible to apply my PR through essential healthcare care worker stream?
You can read the requirements form the official guide in order to know if you are eligible
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/who-can-apply.html

canadawonderland

May 2, 2021
Hi I am on my PGWP right now and it expires soon. I have applied for the TR to PR pathway and one eligibility requirement for it is to be in Canada when the application is approved. Since IRCC tweeted that this pathway doesn't let us obtain a BOWP.

S my question is that can I apply for the PGWP extension under the new pgwp extension public policy as I am eligible for it. Do you think that it would be a issue as no where it states that people who applied for TR to PR pathway can't apply for the PGWP extension and vice versa.

Kindly please guide.

Great_Galaxy

Aug 28, 2019
Hi I am on my PGWP right now and it expires soon. I have applied for the TR to PR pathway and one eligibility requirement for it is to be in Canada when the application is approved. Since IRCC tweeted that this pathway doesn't let us obtain a BOWP.

S my question is that can I apply for the PGWP extension under the new pgwp extension public policy as I am eligible for it. Do you think that it would be a issue as no where it states that people who applied for TR to PR pathway can't apply for the PGWP extension and vice versa.

Kindly please guide.
I don't see any reason why they want to stop you from doing so, there is no conflict between those 2 actions

miguelca

May 6, 2021

Kindly please guide.
What is "soon" ?
1 month? I would apply for the extension. Once you get your PR approved the other permits are "revoked"

Besides that, I would wait for the AOR and see how the processing times are going.

Worst case scneario you get the extension and the next week you get you PR. You just wasted the extension fee