+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I read somewhere that Medicino mentioned that they may double the points in CEC stream for 1 year of work in Canada in the right NOC profession that is for CEC. They could lowe again points in CEC to 75 in the next 6 months who knows. I'll gather all the documents now in the next month, from medical to PCC and photo...I want to be ready this time.
Yes, definitely. We are waiting for my wife's language test results and we'll basically ready.

Doubling points for CEC applicants would be nice, too.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Yes, definitely. We are waiting for my wife's language test results and we'll basically ready.

Doubling points for CEC applicants would be nice, too.
Yea I remember your wife had english test on the 7th I think you've mentioned, mine is this week :) And my medical in 3 weeks, so I'll get all the things now also the right photo, I dont want to rush next time.

Medicino mentioned in one article 3, 4 months ago that one of the options would be to push up the points for 1 year of canadian work experience in CEC stream, I think that would be a good thing, especially for older candidates.

Reactions: SatNight

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Yea I remember your wife had english test on the 7th I think you've mentioned, mine is this week :) And my medical in 3 weeks, so I'll get all the things now also the right photo, I dont want to rush next time.

Medicino mentioned in one article 3, 4 months ago that one of the options would be to push up the points for 1 year of canadian work experience in CEC stream, I think that would be a good thing, especially for older candidates.
Yes, it would be a great thing! But we'll see what they decide.

And good luck on your test!

canadawonderland

May 2, 2021
Guys need urgent help, This new program was initially a boon for me but now since the day bI have submitted my application, I cannot even sleep and I am severely stressed. I by mistake put wrong dates in my employment history and missed some other information in the Schedule A form. Now I just don't know what to do. I am afraid they will reject my application even before sending out the AOR as that is sent when everything in the file is complete.

Some people are suggesting to submit web form right now and some people are suggesting to wait until AOR and others suggesting that in this pathway there would be no such thing as as documents addition because there is no R10. I basically want to send a new Schedule A form. Guys please help me out, I am very stressed and can't even sleep.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Guys need urgent help, This new program was initially a boon for me but now since the day bI have submitted my application, I cannot even sleep and I am severely stressed. I by mistake put wrong dates in my employment history and missed some other information in the Schedule A form. Now I just don't know what to do. I am afraid they will reject my application even before sending out the AOR as that is sent when everything in the file is complete.

Some people are suggesting to submit web form right now and some people are suggesting to wait until AOR and others suggesting that in this pathway there would be no such thing as as documents addition because there is no R10. I basically want to send a new Schedule A form. Guys please help me out, I am very stressed and can't even sleep.
I know how stressful it can be but there really is nothing that you can do until you get an AOR. Submitting without an application number is not recommended at all as officers will have a hard time finding your application and it can lead to further delays, so all you can do is wait and see what happens. If you uploaded all the documents correctly, there's a good chance you will get AOR because that's just a completeness check. After that, they will begin to review your application.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
I also agree with that, they are focused on us, inland immigrants who are currently in the country, working, paying taxes. And this new stream wont give them a lot of new PR's, just look how slow the essential worker's stream is filling up, lots of people don't have their 1 year of work experiences in or their job is not eligible. I think out of these 90.000 they will pick out maybe only around 50.000 actual eligible candidates. There are probably around 300 to 400.000 thousand former, recent international graduates in Canada at this point that are actually eligible for international graduate stream, if they would just pick that, they would already reach their annual quota. The problem would be year 2022 and 2023 if the borders remain closed.
I agree that most are missing the english test and the hours.
I am in the same boat I have 1300 hours at 30 hours per week, for me I don't mind it going until July or even august it will be a miracle for me because I will be eligible by then, fingers crossed.
I don't have a degree and this is my hope now.

amansohana

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018

Firstly, don’t worry about it. It is not your last chance to get PR. If you are in Canada You have plenty of other ways to settle there.

The situation is similar to exams. You dont stop panicking until you receive results.

Now do this
Breath in
Breath out
5 times.

You can not do anything until you receive AOR.

Whatever document you will send to webform it will go to IRCC server but arbitrary location which doesn’t make any sense.

When you receive AOR you will be able to send documents. Till then sleep properly. If you can make it possible to come canada for studies or work permit. Why can’t you get PR?
Think thoroughly and live your life like this program was not there.

Varunp

Apr 25, 2021
Did any of you just submit your degree and transcripts and nothing else for your proof of education? Reason I’m asking is because.I’ve heard people say that you also need a formal letter from your college otherwise your application is going to get rejected. I’m losing sleep over this lol

Habibshahid

May 8, 2021

I totally understand what you’re going through right now. I’m in the same boat. I got my forms filled through a representative. She messed up big time. She mixed up my job titles for 2 of my current jobs. Put 40 hours a week instead of 30 and even put the wrong UCI number in one of the forms.

I panicked when I reviewed my submitted application. I didn’t have anyone to talk to at that time since it was 3am. So I created a new account and submitted the corrected application. A lot of people are saying that they might automatically reject my second application due to being a duplicate.

I know it was my negligence since I didn’t review my forms before signing and submitting. I even got a lot of backlash from a bunch of people for taking 2 spots but they don’t understand that all of this happened because it was more like a race that day and everyone was in a hurry.

I also wasn’t able to sleep for the first 2 days as I worked really hard to get all the required documents in time.

I’m gonna call IRCC in the morning tomorrow and you should do the same as only IRCC can tell us the next steps.

Please don’t stress yourself and live your life normally. I hope this helps.

Reactions: nari_onyx

jarule

Jan 18, 2020
Hello, So I called IRCC today
1. if officer see duplications they might cancel all of them - you are not supposed to submit duplicate application

2. Officer cannot provide web form link to upload additional documents

3. if you apply for webform for TR to PR they are not looking at that - it will be returned

4. If you apply for general webform it will also not be looked at

5. It will completely depend on the officer if they will ask you for more documents or reject your application

6. To receive AOR,it might either mean an officer has opened your application and is looking at it in which case you might be able to add docs, or it might mean they check it and deam it incomplete at that point and reject it.

7. if you lost your old study permit you can request a replacement online but it might take 55-60 days

not stressing about this anymore. I will get my one year Canadian experience in group B job in September so if they decide to reject I will apply for express entry. I forgot to attach university confirmation letter and paystubs but my reference letter was dated May 6th, and had all the information required. If officer want to reject that’s okey. I don’t know if they will do the same for for people who just joined a company- off my hands now

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Hello, So I called IRCC today
1. if officer see duplications they might cancel all of them - you are not supposed to submit duplicate application

2. Officer cannot provide web form link to upload additional documents

3. if you apply for webform for TR to PR they are not looking at that - it will be returned

4. If you apply for general webform it will also not be looked at

5. It will completely depend on the officer if they will ask you for more documents or reject your application

6. To receive AOR,it might either mean an officer has opened your application and is looking at it in which case you might be able to add docs, or it might mean they check it and deam it incomplete at that point and reject it.

7. if you lost your old study permit you can request a replacement online but it might take 55-60 days

not stressing about this anymore. I will get my one year Canadian experience in group B job in September so if they decide to reject I will apply for express entry. I forgot to attach university confirmation letter and paystubs but my reference letter was dated May 6th, and had all the information required. If officer want to reject that’s okey. I don’t know if they will do the same for for people who just joined a company- off my hands now
Do we have any other news on how it's going to be processed? If they can reject an application upfront, perhaps that means there's a R10 check after all...

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
a kind of you are lucky or not :eek:

I believe that under pressure of time/rush ....many people made some errors here and there when applied on May 6 (me too) and do not how to correct, change, upload more docs .etc.... I hope that the officers do not work like robots.

*btw, what phone number, or how did you contact IRCC? Thanks for sharing with us the helpful information.

Last edited:

waifuwars

Oct 5, 2020
Do we have any other news on how it's going to be processed? If they can reject an application upfront, perhaps that means there's a R10 check after all...
Tbh IRCC's call center people do tend to give out wrong information occasionally but we'll see hahaha

Reactions: kloppity

karimatoui132

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
What about proof of entry?
1. Proof of Entry and Status in Canada

When you apply, you will need to prove that you have valid status, and are living in Canada when you submit your application and when IRCC makes a final decision on your application.

To prove your status in Canada you must submit a copy of your most recent immigration document such as work permit, or study permit.

Reactions: ange1o