+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

corny.tan

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Was super confused about this because I only submitted my PGWP. So submit more if it makes you feel more comfortable, they can't reject you for submitting more than the required information. I called IRCC about this like 10 minutes ago and they said, it's okay that I submitted just the PGWP since the guide doesn't mention anything else, so if they need something else they will ask me for it.
Yes precisely this. The guide didn't explicitly explain about proof of entry. So like you, I only just submitted the PGWP.

potatohead

May 3, 2021
Source? I saw on CICnews applications would be processed in the order they were submitted and that they aimed to process around 40k applications this year, skipping a month doesn't seem a very smart course of action.
I think you misunderstand me. All I am saying is they cannot have processing times because its difficult to have processing times without knowing how many people are in the pool. Until yesterday they had no idea how many people will be in the pool by this day/week/month. So I expect them to have a better idea soon. This doesn't refute the fact that they will process the applications in the order they will be received but it is impossible for us to know when they expect to start even looking at these applications because that probably relies on increasing capacity and their own internal timeline on when to start processing these. They could start processing in order next week, or 10 days from now or they might already have. We don't know anything yet and we probably won't until they release this info (or I am expecting them to talk more about this when the cap is filled).

Reactions: Tomican

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Yes precisely this. The guide didn't explicitly explain about proof of entry. So like you, I only just submitted the PGWP.
I can't stop thinking they made a huge mistake by announcing the policy without having the guide and full eligibility criteria ready to publish. People have hardly had any time to prepare, and those who did it was mostly because they were either preparing to apply under one of the ol' streams or because they obsessively started preparing everything the same day the streams were announced "just in case".

Even on this thread a lot of people speculated that there was no way they'd ask for medicals and PCC upfront, I think many of us expected the application to be a bit like the PGWP+ application under the new policy, with a spot to submit the forms, picture, LOE and IELTS...And it turned out to be more like a PNP application where you have to figure out your own checklist.

Last edited:
Reactions: breadandbutter

breadandbutter

Sep 5, 2020
I can't stop thinking they made a huge mistake by announcing the policy without having the guide and full eligibility criteria ready to publish. People have hardly had any time to prepare, and those who did it was mostly because they were either preparing to apply under one of the ol' streams or because they obsessively started preparing everything the same day the streams were announced "just in case".

Even on this thread a lot of people speculated that there was no way they'd ask for medicals and PCC upfront, I think many of us expected the application to be a bit like the PGWP+ application under the new policy, with a spot tu submit the forms, picture, LOE and IELTS...And it turned out to be more like a PNP application where you have to figure out your own checklist.
Yeah it's crazy that they're asking police and medical certificates upfront. They could have at least mentioned it in the announcement. Even then, most people wouldn't have these by now.