+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Hi guys, so for the spouse we just realise in background declaration in personal history we overlooked the 2 month gap in history, can we raise a webform later and explain this?

potatohead

May 3, 2021
Proof of Entry and Status in Canada
“When you apply, you will need to prove that you have valid status, and are living in Canada”

Anyone else thought it’s not clear what they want? Proof of entry OR proof of residency? I didn’t have any stamps on my passport or anything, so I uploaded my PGWP and my phone bill to satisfy the “living in Canada” requirement. But I’ve seen people using plane ticket to meet the “proof of entry” requirement. Do y’all think I submitted enough to prove eligibility (for this requirement)?
Was super confused about this because I only submitted my PGWP. So submit more if it makes you feel more comfortable, they can't reject you for submitting more than the required information. I called IRCC about this like 10 minutes ago and they said, it's okay that I submitted just the PGWP since the guide doesn't mention anything else, so if they need something else they will ask me for it.

trymybest

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Guys... if you remembered there was one of the requirements where applicants had to submit "proof of authorization to study". I graduated in 2019 and transferred my status to PGWP. therefore, I had no valid study permit anymore. Since it's "mandatory" to submit the authorization, I sent my expired study permit back in 2019. Did I do the right thing?

Micheal737373

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hello, I submitted 2 applications yesterday. First one i named a document payment recipient and uploaded it. When I checked i realized it was my medical sheet. And I immediately created another one with payment recipient. What are your thoughts guys i am loosing sleep

Den1204

May 20, 2017
Do you think they will open this stream again? Because as its going they won't get 90.000 people in, and god knows how many applications are not eligible.
In my opinion, if they are smart, they definitely should make some changes next time instead of just adding those spots back to the pool. Increasing cap might be a good idea, give more time for people to prepare the documents. But some may argue this may cause an influx of international students, especially the govt sees it as "importing virus" right now (you know what I'm talking about if you live in Ontario).
This is a good program. People who stayed here during the pandemic really showed their determination to stay here. IRCC sees that and rewarded that. It is good. Although I already applied, I hope they could consider increasing the cap. But I don't know what's gonna happen. They may argue there's always CEC.

Jasimshafeek

Oct 24, 2017
I submitted my application under Graduate stream. I uploaded my offer letter dated on August , employment verification and reference letter dated on May 5th as part of my work experience. However I forgot to upload my paystub and T4 because it didn’t have a separate column . Will this be an issue. Should i reach IRCC through web form. I don’t want to get rejected.

snooplion

May 6, 2021
Was super confused about this because I only submitted my PGWP. So submit more if it makes you feel more comfortable, they can't reject you for submitting more than the required information. I called IRCC about this like 10 minutes ago and they said, it's okay that I submitted just the PGWP since the guide doesn't mention anything else, so if they need something else they will ask me for it.
How long did it take you to get through to IRCC on the phone?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Proof of Entry and Status in Canada
“When you apply, you will need to prove that you have valid status, and are living in Canada”

Anyone else thought it’s not clear what they want? Proof of entry OR proof of residency? I didn’t have any stamps on my passport or anything, so I uploaded my PGWP and my phone bill to satisfy the “living in Canada” requirement. But I’ve seen people using plane ticket to meet the “proof of entry” requirement. Do y’all think I submitted enough to prove eligibility (for this requirement)?
That section is very vague, if they want proof of residence they can check my T4 and my paystubs. I uploaded ALL my status documents ever since I came to Canada for the very first time, from my tourist ETA to the PGWP+ permit, including all implied status periods in between. If not...Well, I have my LOE.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Guys... if you remembered there was one of the requirements where applicants had to submit "proof of authorization to study". I graduated in 2019 and transferred my status to PGWP. therefore, I had no valid study permit anymore. Since it's "mandatory" to submit the authorization, I sent my expired study permit back in 2019. Did I do the right thing?
I did the same, they just want to check you studied legally. They should be able to verify this with your UCI number, but having a scan of your study permit should also help them see the duration of your studies.

iceboat

Apr 22, 2021
I submitted my application under Graduate stream. I uploaded my offer letter dated on August , employment verification and reference letter dated on May 5th as part of my work experience. However I forgot to upload my paystub and T4 because it didn’t have a separate column . Will this be an issue. Should i reach IRCC through web form. I don’t want to get rejected.
I also don't have pay stubs because I recently started my job. I am going to use the web form when my pay stubs become available. They have not updated the web form so far (Express Entry is the only option), and I hope (and believe) they will give us the option to update the application.

potatohead

May 3, 2021

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I think they will have more info eventually. I think they probably weren't sure how many people would apply in a day so difficult to predict processing times before hand or even before the stream is filled. For all we know they won't even start processing these this month.
Source? I saw on CICnews applications would be processed in the order they were submitted and that they aimed to process around 40k applications this year, skipping a month doesn't seem a very smart course of action.