+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Question, I have an upfront medical exam I took last month but IRCC doesn't "know" about it. Should I say I've had a medical exam before or not?

- I'm afraid that if I say yes, they'll look into my file and see there's no medical, delaying my application.
- I'm afraid that if I say no, my application will be processed slower
LOE is your friend. Explain that it is completed and on their way.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Question, I have an upfront medical exam I took last month but IRCC doesn't "know" about it. Should I say I've had a medical exam before or not?

- I'm afraid that if I say yes, they'll look into my file and see there's no medical, delaying my application.
- I'm afraid that if I say no, my application will be processed slower
but you have the UMI correct? upload that sheet

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
These guidelines have so many little pitfalls and I am afraid many people will rush to apply tomorrow without really collecting everything they need and it will be a chaos. I see this closing in a few days, with a much higher percentage of incomplete applications than just 10-20%

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
These guidelines have so many little pitfalls and I am afraid many people will rush to apply tomorrow without really collecting everything they need and it will be a chaos. I see this closing in a few days, with a much higher percentage of incomplete applications than just 10-20%
So many applications will be refused.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Presumably the calculation will the same as it is for everything else.

Full time is 30 hours per week. Anything above that doesn't get you anything extra.

So 40 hour per week for 14 months is 14 months of work experience.
Agree, but what if someone worked extra hours in their break, and wanted to count them.

IRCC’s other guides, CEC etc, clearly mention hours over 30 won’t count.
Just wondering since there’s no mention of that would it count or not.
I called Client Support Center and they were like count them all, even over 30. #confused

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
IMO, they should have waited to announce the program. If they had announced it today, and released the portal and full application guide (not copy-pasted) expecting to start accepting applications in 3 weeks, people would be much better prepared and everyone would have had some time to gather "difficult" documents such as medical exams and PCC.

But releasing the application guide the day before the stream opens is just a joke, because even if the stream is "technically" supposed to be open until November 5th, we all know eligible people would want to apply ASAP, and non-eligible and semi-eligible people will panic and try to apply in fear the spots run out. This program has way less requirements than CEC, and after 2020 very few recent graduates have had time to gather 1yr of skilled work experience, or if they had a NOC C or D job, they didn't expect to have a chance to apply like that so many of them didn't bother with IELTS.

These new streams are many people's only hope at getting PR, it's first come, first served so it makes a lot of sense people will rather risk it and apply without certain documents (that we just learned today we needed) than wait and see how the program cap gets fills second by second without being able to do anything.

I'm hoping they will ask for documents, especially since they've only given us less than a day to get them
Yes! But no.

We're not being forced to apply tomorrow or miss out, the problem is not IRCC, it's the number of eligible people eager to apply ASAP.

Reactions: SatNight

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
IMO, they should have waited to announce the program. If they had announced it today, and released the portal and full application guide (not copy-pasted) expecting to start accepting applications in 3 weeks, people would be much better prepared and everyone would have had some time to gather "difficult" documents such as medical exams and PCC.

But releasing the application guide the day before the stream opens is just a joke, because even if the stream is "technically" supposed to be open until November 5th, we all know eligible people would want to apply ASAP, and non-eligible and semi-eligible people will panic and try to apply in fear the spots run out. This program has way less requirements than CEC, and after 2020 very few recent graduates have had time to gather 1yr of skilled work experience, or if they had a NOC C or D job, they didn't expect to have a chance to apply like that so many of them didn't bother with IELTS.

These new streams are many people's only hope at getting PR, it's first come, first served so it makes a lot of sense people will rather risk it and apply without certain documents (that we just learned today we needed) than wait and see how the program cap gets fills second by second without being able to do anything.

Yes! But no.

We're not being forced to apply tomorrow or miss out, the problem is not IRCC, it's the number of eligible people eager to apply ASAP.
Ah yes, true. I keep on forgetting this is open until November 5, I keep on thinking it's closing soon. The roll out has been a mess, even if the intention was good.

• Haha
Reactions: Fabiog

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agree, but what if someone worked extra hours in their break, and wanted to count them.

IRCC’s other guides, CEC etc, clearly mention hours over 30 won’t count.
Just wondering since there’s no mention of that would it count or not.
I called Client Support Center and they were like count them all, even over 30. #confused
The Client Support Center is useless for all but the most basic questions. I wouldn't believe anything they say.

IMO extra hours will not count. They have never counted under any other program. Makes no sense why IRCC would start now. That's my two cents.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Ah yes, true. I keep on forgetting this is open until November 5, I keep on thinking it's closing soon. The roll out has been a mess, even if the intention was good.
It is not open until November 5. It is open until November 5, OR when the cap is reached. Which can be in a day.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
So many applications will be refused.
Do see that as a possibility, but if you meet the requirements of eligibility and have mistakes in some doc or something, I’m sure IRCC will be flexible and request something down the road.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017

Yes! But no.

Bolded.

I agree with this 100% This is really unfair and not even productive for them. Sure, they will get money from refused applications, but not 90 000 new immigrants.