+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Didingding

May 4, 2021
in IMM5669, I can't write my name in another language. It's gonna be broken then would it be a matter to print it and write down and scan it?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Can anyone answer this question: are they requiring identity and civil status document such as national ID?? Since EE doesn’t require it I don’t know why they would require it. The guide wasn’t clear on this either
EE does require national ID if you have one, and it must be translated and notarized. Other paper-based programs require it as well.

One of the first questions on imm0008 is “do you have any National ID”? In EE, if you claim to have X work experience they ask you to prove it. Why would this be any different?

IanCSC

Jan 3, 2021
if i don't have any dependent or partner, need I supply the national ID AND family registry book? can I use a birth certificate instead?

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Ok, so are PCC required at the time of application? They say we can also provide proof that we applied for PCC, but it seems they are only making exceptions for those affected by Covid-19 measures. Getting a PCC from my country takes 1.5 months - there was no time to get them.

Reactions: rose-sh10

Huong Pham

Jan 5, 2019
Hey guys, I'm filling out imm0008 and having trouble with the duration of being in my current country (Canada). I don't know if I should fill from the date I came to Canada or the date which I received my PGWP. Do you have any idea? Thanks!!!!

IanCSC

Jan 3, 2021
Ok, so are PCC required at the time of application? They say we can also provide proof that we applied for PCC, but it seems they are only making exceptions for those affected by Covid-19 measures. Getting a PCC from my country takes 1.5 months - there was no time to get them.
it is nothing but a gamble. once submitted, your money and immigration record are on their hand. you could lose money and get a refusal record on file.

eric70

Feb 22, 2015
Does a foreign employer work? If I work for a professor as a researcher overseas, but I am located in Canada? - is it fine? The application guide do not look very clear about that.
I am working in a company in the US and start a Canadian job this week. It says online "you need to prove that you are currently employed in Canada". I think the point of the program is to improve the Canadian economy so I read this as stating you need to be working for a company that is inside the borders of Canada. I'll be happy to be wrong but that's how I read it.

2. Proof of Current Employment in Canada

When you apply, you will need to prove that you are currently employed in Canada.

You must submit the following as proof:

• A copy of your work permit(s) in Canada (if applicable), and

eastgwzh

Mar 7, 2021
My supervisor provide me with a employment letter today, but to get the company letter head, I need to contact HR department which will take weeks... looking at the requirement, it seems letterhead is not required. How do you guys get letterhead? I have paystub, T4, NOA to prove I am working currently. Thank you.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
it is nothing but a gamble. once submitted, your money and immigration record are on their hand. you could lose money and get a refusal record on file.
Well, I hope that a refusal because of incompleteness is not treated the same as refusal for other stuff.

Would we have an opportunity to add documents later?

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ok, national IDs all have to be translated by a professional and notarized?
It's crazy they ask for this and tell us the day before the applications are submitted. I think our only option is to write in the letter of explanation that you will get it translated now.