+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Anyone else notices that they didn't explicitly mention that you could use work done on study permit to claim points for the program yet their SM team and Lawyers say that.
Yeah, but it is mentioned that any work done 3 years prior to the time of applying will be counted as long as you were authorized to work during that time. Which would include working on a study permit.

tobiashenry

Sep 22, 2018
Does a foreign employer work? If I work for a professor as a researcher overseas, but I am located in Canada? - is it fine? The application guide do not look very clear about that.

itsleito

Apr 29, 2021
This new IMM0130 also cannot be saved. Anyone else have this issue? Print and sign like all the other applications I'm guessing right?

Reactions: Den1204

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
guys, can we pay seperately for biometrics fee? we already had biometrics done for visitor visa and wp? so do we pay and attach the receipt with the receipt of PR application fee? or just pay the biometrics and keep the reciept?

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
I am not sure because biometrics for workers and students are not valid for permanent residence applications so I dont know if we can use the biometrics from our worker/student applications.
I am confused too :)

Biometrics exemption for temporary residence applicants in Canada
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you’re both of the following:

• in Canada
  • applying or have an application in progress
    • to extend your stay as a student, worker or visitor
    • to restore your status as a student, worker or visitor
    • for a work or study permit
    • for a visitor visa
    • for a temporary resident permit
This exemption applies even if

• your application form for a work permit, study permit or visitor visa says it’s for applicants outside Canada
  • our online application system asks you to pay a biometric fee (CAN$85)
This exemption does not apply if you’re outside Canada.

Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years

As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:

• already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 years

mandeep_29

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Create your account and document checklist
Eligible applicants can submit their applications through IRCC’s online portal which will launch on May 6, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. EDT.
The one I had on cic GIC key that will work or we have to create new if yes can you please send link

mojito2s

Nov 26, 2020
Can anyone answer this question: are they requiring identity and civil status document such as national ID?? Since EE doesn’t require it I don’t know why they would require it. The guide wasn’t clear on this either