+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

mojito2s

Nov 26, 2020
Anybody know do we need to submit Identity and Civil Status document even if no spouse or partner is applying??

On the guide it just says if applicable.

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Probably a stupid question..but what does 'current occupation' and 'intended occupation' mean in IM0008?

Den1204

May 20, 2017
So do we need to pay for biometrics or not? It says every application for PR needs to get new biometrics,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/how-to-apply.html
If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for every application for permanent residence you submit. This applies even if you gave your biometrics in the past and they’re still valid. We will send you a letter when it is time to go give your biometrics.

• You must pay the biometric fee when you submit your application. Otherwise, you may experience delays.
  • Give your biometrics as soon as you get the letter from us that tells you to give biometrics.
  • You have 30 days from the date on the letter to give your biometrics.
but in the exceptions it says if you have gave biometrics for the last 10 years you are excepted due to covid...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html
Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:

• already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 years

itsleito

Apr 29, 2021
Help! I know this is a trivial question, but what do you guys fill in in the "to" date field when an action is continuing right now? Like for my current employment's from-to, should I put 2021-05-06 i.e. the date I will submit the application?

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
This is such a mess...
Is the application form to fill out for international graduates IMM0008 or IMM0130?
I see people only talking about IMM0008

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Help! I know this is a trivial question, but what do you guys fill in in the "to" date field when an action is continuing right now? Like for my current employment's from-to, should I put 2021-05-06 i.e. the date I will submit the application?
Yes or if you are on a job contract that has an end date, you can put that date.

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
In Imm008 the last part where it says consent and declaration there is space with the words "first name/last name" before it but I can't type on it. Is that normal? Do we leave that part out and just tick the boxes?

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
So do we need to pay for biometrics or not? It says every application for PR needs to get new biometrics,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/how-to-apply.html
If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for every application for permanent residence you submit. This applies even if you gave your biometrics in the past and they’re still valid. We will send you a letter when it is time to go give your biometrics.

• You must pay the biometric fee when you submit your application. Otherwise, you may experience delays.
  • Give your biometrics as soon as you get the letter from us that tells you to give biometrics.
  • You have 30 days from the date on the letter to give your biometrics.
but in the exceptions it says if you have gave biometrics for the last 10 years you are excepted due to covid...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html
Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:

• already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 years
I am not sure because biometrics for workers and students are not valid for permanent residence applications so I dont know if we can use the biometrics from our worker/student applications.

Riri15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hey Everyone, I know we're all rushing here but remember when filling your forms if things are not applicable please put in N/A. Saw many Express Entry applications returned due to this.