File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm honestly more frustrated with IRCC than usual. I understand they're trying to avoid the crazy traffic coming into the site on May 6th, but if there plan is to withhold information from us, it's the dumbest strategy. If people knew what documents they needed and if they are eligible or not then they would either do what needs to be done before May 6th or just not waste their time or money.

I've already paid for it but now they're saying "most online applications must not be paid in advance." Some of us in the immigrant community are not rich. I can scrape together the money again to pay at the time of submission, but the stress and the hassle must have a payoff.
IMO they aren't withholding anything. IMO they are still trying to get their sh*t together and figure out how all of this is going to work.

For the fee payments, my guess is that it never occurred to them that people would prepay. So that's why they are only communicating out now that people should not prepay. That's the gamble applicants take with moving ahead with a step like this before the full details are published. Applicants who prepaid may be fine. Or they may have to pay a second time and then request a refund of the first payment. Impossible for any of us to say at this point.

Reactions: SatNight

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
OK good news for those who paid. The twitter account sent a link to a CIC page but when you click on the link "Some fees that you can pay here include fees for ... some online permanent residence application" you get this:

For some of our online permanent residence applications, you can’t pay within the application. Follow the steps on this on this page to pay.

When you finish paying

• save a copy of your payment receipt
  • attach your receipt to your application using the instructions in the application.
Affected applications
  • Temporary resident to permanent resident pathway (TR to PR pathway)

Reactions: bootes

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
IMO they aren't withholding anything. IMO they are still trying to get their sh*t together and figure out how all of this is going to work.

For the fee payments, my guess is that it never occurred to them that people would prepay. So that's why they are only communicating out now that people should not prepay. That's the gamble applicants take with moving ahead with a step like this before the full details are published. Applicants who prepaid may be fine. Or they may have to pay a second time and then request a refund of the first payment. Impossible for any of us to say at this point.
They are withholding the application guide. If they are still getting their sh-t together then maybe they shouldn't have announced this plan so soon. They gave less than one month's notice to over 1.3 million potentially eligible applicants.

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Oh man, they definitely set the start date of this program too soon. Didn't give themselves enough time to completely hammer out the details and prepare a guide for applicants and didn't coordinate with IELTS/CELPIP to increase availability of testing dates. The past few weeks have been a clown fiesta but not funny.

Reactions: SatNight

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
No, this is a different thing.
You may apply for permanent residence under the permit holder class if:

• You were considered inadmissible to Canada because of health issues, and
    • You have a valid temporary resident permit,
    • You have resided continuously in Canada as a permit holder for at least three (3) years,
    • You continue to be inadmissible for those health issues, and
    • You are not inadmissible for any other reason.
  • You are inadmissible because you came to Canada with a family member who is inadmissible because of health issues, and
    • You or your family members have not become inadmissible for other reasons since you were issued the temporary resident permit(s).
  • You were deemed inadmissible to Canada for other reasons, and
    • The reason for inadmissibility is not because of security reasons, human rights violations, serious criminality or organized crime,
    • You have a valid temporary resident permit,
    • You have resided continuously in Canada as a permit holder for at least five (5) years,
    • You continue to be inadmissible for the same reasons that existed when your temporary resident permit was issued, and
    • You or your family members have not become inadmissible on any other grounds since the issue of your temporary resident permit(s).

canadawonderland

May 2, 2021
As long as the letter states that you are currently employed, you should be fine and for support include 4 payslips and T4.
Hey, I just got my job today so in my case there is no T4 and pay slips and I am thinking to get a letter stating that he employed and on this date his employment started and this his work location.

What else should I get?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
I swear that under normal circumstances I'm the most cold-headed person out there, but this whole lack of information and secrets is making me start to panic
Going into the portal blind is terrifying, especially since there are no R10 completeness checks. You could prepare all the documents that the IRCC could reasonably ask for but if they throw a curve ball, it'd all be for nothing.

Elias_Andvari

Star Member
May 19, 2018
OK good news for those who paid. The twitter account sent a link to a CIC page but when you click on the link "Some fees that you can pay here include fees for ... some online permanent residence application" you get this:

For some of our online permanent residence applications, you can’t pay within the application. Follow the steps on this on this page to pay.

When you finish paying

• save a copy of your payment receipt
  • attach your receipt to your application using the instructions in the application.
Affected applications
  • Temporary resident to permanent resident pathway (TR to PR pathway)
so would you say we are good to go and make a payment for the TR to PR stream?

Navin312

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Hi all sorry im not sure if this is the right place but i just wanted to ask for the new pathway to pr i have work in subway restaurant as cashier and i have got job experience letter but everything that is written on website of cic for cashier duties the owner wrote the same thing exactly on the letter will that cause a problem?
Please if somebody can help

Thanks for your replies

Reactions: canadawonderland

canadawonderland

May 2, 2021
Hi all sorry im not sure if this is the right place but i just wanted to ask for the new pathway to pr i have work in subway restaurant as cashier and i have got job experience letter but everything that is written on website of cic for cashier duties the owner wrote the same thing exactly on the letter will that cause a problem?
Please if somebody can help

Thanks for your replies
It should not be exactly the same, some changes and paraphrasing should be done