Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
That depends on how much people will be willing to pay for such a degree of uncertainty. Consultants already say the portal will specifically ask for the credential parchment to be uploaded. IRCC already start to encourage people to review those standards and discourage any potentially ineligible applicants.

One thing is certain, under the tech briefing, once you submit the application, regardless of how incomplete your file could be, no money back and you will get a refusal on an incomplete application.
Do you have the tech briefing notes? Just wondering if there's anything else that was added.

IanCSC

Jan 3, 2021
You also realize that some folks also finished during the fall semester, but schools like to confer all degrees for the year all at once in spring. Not to mention delays and limitations to processing because of COVID. It's not unlikely that IRCC might make considerations about this and just request an official transcript and program completion letter like for PGWP.
you have to know how the official transcript work for PWGP, basically anyone who applied on an interim official transcript is on their own luck. what IRCC requires is the official final transcript and that many people don't have already.

Yes, some fall grad may also haven't received their credential, but remember this policy goes back to 2017 or otherwise, they are opening it until Nov 2021.
I am pretty sure, a very good portion of fall grads already have the credentials and they really don't matter, people grad in 2018 could alone fill in the 40,000 let alone many CEC FSW inland applicants they are submitting as well.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Many have said, anyone who just graduate the Apr-May, will be ineligible since 1. they may didn't graduated by May 6 2. even they do, they HAVEN'T BE GRANTED a credential, this is outlined as a requirement under the public policy.
The process stretched from May 6 - Nov 5.

u2can

Feb 14, 2020
. Chatty lawyer was right both about the program name and the fees.

If we're expecting to apply the day the stream opens, do you think we should pay now and get it out of the way? I've checked all over the IRCC but I haven't found anything about the portal yet.
In the payment link, when i see the version towards the bottom left of the page, it says Date: 2021-04-13 10:15.
The news release for this new program on Canada.ca is dated April 14, 2021 10:10
Now my take on this whole thing is that everything about the program had been prepared and finalized as evident from the date and time stamp on the payment link version page well before even the news release of the program on Canada.ca. and i presume even the portal and forms and things to do with this is all set. Of all the things, what we can see till now is the payment link.
Btw, did this link come up in chatty lawyer's stream and thats how everyone discovered?
Also if this new program application is fully electronic, then why would they want us to pay for it through a separate link which is usually for mailing type applications and not after uploading all documents (just like express entry- as the link to payment wont be active unless we upload all the required documents).

Last edited:

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
SatNight have you guys already payed this fee? I'm a bit reluctant, because I'm afraid if the stream's going to close up in a week or so I'm not getting my money back.
No. We are waiting to see how things are going around my wife's language test day. Or maybe a day or so later. It might be a bad tactic but if the spots fill up in 2 days I'd be happy to keep that money atm.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
No. We are waiting to see how things are going around my wife's language test day. Or maybe a day or so later. It might be a bad tactic but if the spots fill up in 2 days I'd be happy to keep that money atm.
Yea I feel you on this one, I'm doing the same. My intuition is telling me either its going to close up in couple of days or remain open for at least a month.

Reactions: SatNight

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Yea I feel you on this one, I'm doing the same. My intuition is telling me either its going to close up in couple of days or remain open for at least a month.
I personally paid upfront because I'm confident I can apply as soon as the stream opens and I don't trust IRCC's website so much...Last week the payment portal was down for a couple days, it'd really suck to be ready to apply but having the website crash like I'm expecting it'll happen.