+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

rguy619

Apr 26, 2021
Hello,

I have got Canadian masters last year, and am currently working on PGWP (<1 year exp). I have 1.5 years of Indian experience too. I had made EE application which is in pool under FSW criteria. I am from IT domain throughout the career.

Q1 - Am I eligible to apply under new policy considering "Annex a – Eligible Skilled Trades" on website doesn't list IT NOC codes?

Link: Temporary public policy to facilitate the granting of permanent residence for foreign nationals in Canada, outside of Quebec, with a recent credential from a Canadian post-secondary institution

Q2 - Will we have to wait for May 6th and then create new application OR it'll be just be picked from current pool based on eligibility criteria on the date ?

Q3 - What exactly do they mean by "forms provided by Department" in one of their below eligibility point. Please confirm.
"h. Have submitted an application for permanent residence using the forms provided by the Department for this public policy ..."

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
In that physician photos are taken in the spot, the staff will do it for you and after the urine, blood, pressure and physical exam you’ll do the x ray in the same building. Once everything is done they’ll give you the e-medical sheet with your picture, scan it and keep it for the application day as a proof of your medical examination.

Results are uploaded 10 days after the exam, if they see anything weird they’ll call for further testing. If not, it’s all ok.

Note that you won’t see the results, unless there’s something off or you’re willing to pay $15 extra, you won’t see the result and even if you do it’s up to IRCC to give you a pass or demand more tests.

Also, make sure to drink a lot of water for the urine tests. Ladies, make sure to track your period because if there’s trace of blood in your urine you’ll get asked to retake the test...if you’ve had or have your period they kinda give you a “pass”, guys are not so lucky so stay hydrated.
Actually, you can see your results if you have a health record with your province. I did my medical as part of a FSW application late last year and I have the results on my province's health app even though I never asked or paid extra 15 dollars.

I support that water claim! Canada specifically checks for Kidney diseases. Also try not to get stressed about it or your BP might be too high necessitating you to get follow-up tests.

maurelo23

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Hey guys, I've got my CELPIP test on the 14th, what are the odds/chances of getting into those first 40.000? Do you think it will be availability by then?

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Hello,

I have got Canadian masters last year, and am currently working on PGWP (<1 year exp). I have 1.5 years of Indian experience too. I had made EE application which is in pool under FSW criteria. I am from IT domain throughout the career.

Q1 - Am I eligible to apply under new policy considering "Annex a – Eligible Skilled Trades" on website doesn't list IT NOC codes?

Link: Temporary public policy to facilitate the granting of permanent residence for foreign nationals in Canada, outside of Quebec, with a recent credential from a Canadian post-secondary institution

Q2 - Will we have to wait for May 6th and then create new application OR it'll be just be picked from current pool based on eligibility criteria on the date ?

Q3 - What exactly do they mean by "forms provided by Department" in one of their below eligibility point. Please confirm.
"h. Have submitted an application for permanent residence using the forms provided by the Department for this public policy ..."

Please advise. Thanks in advance.
A1 - No, your job does not have to fall under the jobs listed under Annex A. Since you have recently finished your Masters, you are eligible according to this:
  • a degree (Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate) which must be a degree issued on completion of a program of at least 8 months in duration;

A2 - This pathway requires a separate application from Express Entry. It will be through a different online portal and possibly different requirements. They will NOT be picking from the Express Entry pool to see who is eligible for this; you have to apply for it if you meet the eligibility requirements.

A3 - They mean the immigration forms that we usually fill out whenever we apply for a visa/study permit/work permit (IMM008, IMM5669, etc.) . The IRCC has not yet given a list of which forms they will need so wait for updates and a document checklist to find out.

Reactions: rguy619

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Hey guys, I've got my CELPIP test on the 14th, what are the odds/chances of getting into those first 40.000? Do you think it will be availability by then?
Honestly, we don't really know. It really depends on the required documents they will be requiring us to submit and how quickly IELTS/CELPIP results will be processed in different locations all over Canada. Some people think that if you managed to book around early to mid-May, you might be able to make it, but we really can't be sure.
Best of luck to your application!

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
I'm not sure if anyone has done this. I finished an M.Sc. in February, 2021 and going to start my PhD in May 1, 2021, therefore, I'm on a study permit. I have been employed part-time for 2.5 years and still employed. I called IRCC today and asked them if I'm eligible and explained my study permit situation and they said that I am eligible! I even called 2 lawyers to check and they also said I'm eligible. They told me that it doesn't matter as it mentions a VALID PERMIT on the website.
Here's the other thing, I recently applied for a study permit extension and currently I'm on an implied status and work part-time. I mentioned that to IRCC and the agent asked me: "Do your previous study permits mention that you can work?" I said yes, I can work part-time and full-time on campus. He said that I'm eligible, but I should submit my permits and write a letter of explanation of my situation!

I'am happy and surprised, and still think that in few days when the application portal opens might mention only WORK PERMIT. It's like I don't believe the call I had with IRCC.

Any insights?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I'm not sure if anyone has done this. I finished an M.Sc. in February, 2021 and going to start my PhD in May 1, 2021, therefore, I'm on a study permit. I have been employed part-time for 2.5 years and still employed. I called IRCC today and asked them if I'm eligible and explained my study permit situation and they said that I am eligible! I even called 2 lawyers to check and they also said I'm eligible. They told me that it doesn't matter as it mentions a VALID PERMIT on the website.
Here's the other thing, I recently applied for a study permit extension and currently I'm on an implied status and work part-time. I mentioned that to IRCC and the agent asked me: "Do your previous study permits mention that you can work?" I said yes, I can work part-time and full-time on campus. He said that I'm eligible, but I should submit my permits and write a letter of explanation of my situation!

I'am happy and surprised, and still think that in few days when the application portal opens might mention only WORK PERMIT. It's like I don't believe the call I had with IRCC.

Any insights?
Well, you would qualify for the graduate stream for sure. However we don't yet know if you would be able to submit a completion letter in place of degree cert, and seeing your timelines I guess it's safe to say you wouldn't have graduated by the time this rolls around.

Alternatively, you might consider the essential workers stream if your job falls within the specified and if you have racked up to 1560 hours over the last three years even whilst you were on a study permit. As per

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
Well, you would qualify for the graduate stream for sure. However we don't yet know if you would be able to submit a completion letter in place of degree cert, and seeing your timelines I guess it's safe to say you wouldn't have graduated by the time this rolls around.

Alternatively, you might consider the essential workers stream if your job falls within the specified and if you have racked up to 1560 hours over the last three years even whilst you were on a study permit. As per
I already have my degree, transcripts, and completion letter! Thanks for the post and info!
It'd be nice to hear from other people who are in my shoes and also it'd be nice to update them with the info I have.

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
Being laid off from 2 different retail jobs due to the shutdown in Ontario, I tried hard and secured a part-time job in a hardware store just in case if IRCC considers temporary layoff as 'not employed'. I received the offer letter and it was supposed to start tomorrow (as mentioned in the offer letter) but just now I received an email stating that they will be postponing my first day/orientation (paid) to May 7th with shifts on that weekend.

Am I technically employed if I receive the offer letter?- it is a well known hardware retailer and the offer letter is very detailed and mentions my start date, duties, wages and everything. The HR apologized for postponing the start date but I don't want to miss out on submitting the application on the first day itself as I just received my IELTS results (CD test done on Apr 24).

danaaa

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
STUDY
Hi everyone!

I have one more question here and looking for any insights.
So, I have been working full-time since July 2021 on my PGWP. I am currently ready to apply for a ne wprogram BUT. One of the requirements of the requirements for a new pathway for students is "authorized to work and working in Canada at the time of their application to qualify" )taken from canada.ca). I`m planning to move to another city, so I will have to leave my job. So my question is:
Do I have to be employed at the time of application submittion only or during the whole time until the decision is made on my application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Being laid off from 2 different retail jobs due to the shutdown in Ontario, I tried hard and secured a part-time job in a hardware store just in case if IRCC considers temporary layoff as 'not employed'. I received the offer letter and it was supposed to start tomorrow (as mentioned in the offer letter) but just now I received an email stating that they will be postponing my first day/orientation (paid) to May 7th with shifts on that weekend.

Am I technically employed if I receive the offer letter?- it is a well known hardware retailer and the offer letter is very detailed and mentions my start date, duties, wages and everything. The HR apologized for postponing the start date but I don't want to miss out on submitting the application on the first day itself as I just received my IELTS results (CD test done on Apr 24).
IMO - I would go ahead and try to apply.