+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Look at the wait in line !

Holy hell, almost 10k people just to register. Language tests are a bottleneck, sure, but this makes me wonder...How many have managed to book a test between April 12th and May 6th? And how many took their exams beforehand?

Man, if this is just to book the test I don't want to imagine how the program page will be like. Any predictions? I hope this is allowed in here:

https://www.strawpoll.me/45194606

Last edited:

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Holy hell, almost 10k people just to register. Language tests are a bottleneck, sure, but this makes me wonder...How many have managed to book a test between April 12th and May 6th? And how many did they have their exams beforehand?

I don't think alot, I could be wrong tho. Let's be honest, IRCC caught us by surprise :p. Why would a 2018 or even 2017 student have General IELTS. Unless they've got PR by now.

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
I don't think alot, I could be wrong tho. Let's be honest, IRCC caught us by surprise :p. Why would a 2018 or even 2017 student have General IELTS. Unless they've got PR by now.
Still, with the number of folks who are already in the CEC pool (or even have an ITA already) that are planning to join this pathway, it's pretty worrying if you don't have exam results by the 6th. Either way, I'm really hoping medical isn't going to be another bottleneck and people aren't kneecapped by slow PCC processing in their native country.

Reactions: hhzara

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Still, with the number of folks who are already in the CEC pool (or even have an ITA already) that are planning to join this pathway, it's pretty worrying if you don't have exam results by the 6th. Either way, I'm really hoping medical isn't going to be another bottleneck and people aren't kneecapped by slow PCC processing in their native country.
Yeah, that is something that can crush people's hopes that don't have CEC ITA, or PNP nominations. If they switch over thinking this is an easy peasy process, we're done . :D

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Police certificates might be an issue, from my country I got mine online within 5 minutes but it took 2 weeks to get it translated by mail. Some countries' certificates need a letter of request from IRCC or even need to be requested from the Embassy. This is even slower with Covid, that's why it's important to get an announcement from IRCC with a checklist, otherwise, people who only have the "basic" eligibility documents will find themselves rushing to get medical exams, police certificates, etc.

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
I’d booked a medical for April 29, but I was going to cancel it today cause I was not sure if upfront is accepted. I looked at the appointments today and seems that medicals are all booked till June, and it scared me. I haven’t canceled it yet.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I’d booked a medical for April 29, but I was going to cancel it today cause I was not sure if upfront is accepted. I looked at the appointments today and seems that medicals are all booked till June, and it scared me. I haven’t canceled it yet.
I wouldn't cancel it, I knew as soon as I saw what was happening with the IELTS/CELPIP sites that medical exams would be next. It doesn't take a whole lot of research to figure out that most immigration streams require a medical exam, either upfront or later on. The results are valid for 12 months and if anything, IRCC might request a new one after a year (if your application takes that long)

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Yeah, booking a medical exam can be rough depending on where you are now as well. So far I haven't booked one in favour of waiting for the requirements to drop but that's mostly because the panel physicians here still have openings for early May. If you have a slot now, might as well keep it.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Yeah, booking a medical exam can be rough depending on where you are now as well. So far I haven't booked one in favour of waiting for the requirements to drop but that's mostly because the panel physicians here still have openings for early May. If you have a slot now, might as well keep it.

I just booked mine now for June the 2nd.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I feel like when the requirements do eventually drop it will be such a letdown considering how hyped up this program has been. Even friends who up till now didn't think much of staying in the country longterm are all rallying around trying to get all the requirements, including flying to neighbouring provinces to have their tests done. The hype is through the roof!

IanCSC

Jan 3, 2021
Holy hell, almost 10k people just to register. Language tests are a bottleneck, sure, but this makes me wonder...How many have managed to book a test between April 12th and May 6th? And how many took their exams beforehand?

Man, if this is just to book the test I don't want to imagine how the program page will be like. Any predictions? I hope this is allowed in here:

https://www.strawpoll.me/45194606
for my own record, a great deal of them. many spots in the beginning and many spots in the second.

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Yeah, that is something that can crush people's hopes that don't have CEC ITA, or PNP nominations. If they switch over thinking this is an easy peasy process, we're done . :D
Ngl, I'm almost hoping that folks with ongoing applications are limited from entering this one. But I'm speaking as someone who is more than a year away from meeting CEC eligibility.

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
I just dont know why the language requirement is needed. If you graduated from Canadian school, was it CLB 7/8 a "MUST HAVE" to study ? I just dont get it. How on earth people can graduate and work in Canada without having CLB 5 ? Lmao

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I just dont know why the language requirement is needed. If you graduated from Canadian school, was it CLB 7/8 a "MUST HAVE" to study ? I just dont get it. How on earth people can graduate and work in Canada without having CLB 5 ? Lmao
I agree, but it's a requirement even for native English/French speakers, so...