+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

User 2020

Jun 22, 2020
when they say "must be employed in canada" does that mean either part time or Fulltime or only Fulltime ?

and how do we prove that our Diploma/Certificate leads to a job under skill list Annex A?

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
When I applied for PNP I was asked for it, when I got an ITA I got asked for it (see attached, it's my personal EE checklist):

It might not be required, but there are forms that ask you if you have any National ID and if you say "no" when your country does issue them, that might be considered misrepresentation. IDK, maybe I'm overly cautious but I've heard so many stories about applications rejected for the most ridiculous reasons that I want to make sure my application is 100% dummy proof.
They ask this for study permit and work permit applications too. If you have it say yes, if you don't say no.
Yea that's PNP. I haven't seen any residency applications asking for national ID.
You don't need it if you don't have one of course. Sometimes, these documents can only be issued within the country itself. I've been asked for it for both study and work permit applications and I simply check the box "No" because there's no way I can get it.

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
They ask this for study permit and work permit applications too. If you have it say yes, if you don't say no.

You don't need it if you don't have one of course. Sometimes, these documents can only be issued within the country itself. I've been asked for it for both study and work permit applications and I simply check the box "No" because there's no way I can get it.
yea in my case I just gave them the number, and they didn't ask to see the copy

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Yea that's PNP. I haven't seen any residency applications asking for national ID.
It's an EE CEC ITA (mine, not just some random image from the internet), I applied for PNP on paper last year and it's on the paper-based checklist. For national ID's they must be translated and then notarized.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Now I wonder if the documents need to be true copy
I don't know anymore, my brain is so fried.

After re-reading the CICnews announcement (says that applications are either approved or declined, not returned) I'm extremely paranoid and I want to make my application as perfect and dummy-proof as possible.

For my travel history I even used a date to date calculator to make sure I type in the exact dates of my trips with not a single day gap, I even included layover flights where I didn't get passport stamps. IRCC's travel history form (printed) goes on a YYYY/MM format and then makes you type in the number of dates. Besides that, I created a separate chart on my LOE with the exact dates and days (which I can use in case this program has a drop-down format like EE).

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
I was able to book a medical for the 10th of May, does anyone know if I can upload the results later? Is an upfront medical even necessary?

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
I don't know anymore, my brain is so fried.

After re-reading the CICnews announcement (says that applications are either approved or declined, not returned) I'm extremely paranoid and I want to make my application as perfect and dummy-proof as possible.

For my travel history I even used a date to date calculator to make sure I type in the exact dates of my trips with not a single day gap, I even included layover flights where I didn't get passport stamps. IRCC's travel history form (printed) goes on a YYYY/MM format and then makes you type in the number of dates. Besides that, I created a separate chart on my LOE with the exact dates and days (which I can use in case this program has a drop-down format like EE).
What form are you using for travel history?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
We could all wait to get the checklist, no way IRCC is gonna leave us stranded. They would do that in an effort to make sure ineligible not apply out of FOMO. Maybe tomorrow, maybe a week before.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I was able to book a medical for the 10th of May, does anyone know if I can upload the results later? Is an upfront medical even necessary?
We don't know.

Medicals are not IELTS, when you go for an upfront exam you get a form with a number the same day. The results are uploaded 10-15 days after the medical but you only need to scan the form the doctor gave you. That form has a number and when the results are out, IRCC can check that number and access your medical exam results.

Let's say you take your medical on the 5th, you can upload the form on the 6th even if the results won't be available until the 15th-20th.

We could all wait to get the checklist, no way IRCC is gonna leave us stranded. They would do that in an effort to make sure ineligible not apply out of FOMO. Maybe tomorrow, maybe a week before.
We're 10 days away, a week before would be Wednesday. I'm also expecting a checklist or some kind of announcement otherwise the stream opening is going to be chaotic.

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
We don't know.

Medicals are not IELTS, when you go for an upfront exam you get a form with a number the same day. The results are uploaded 10-15 days after the medical but you only need to scan the form the doctor gave you. That form has a number and when the results are out, IRCC can check that number and access your medical exam results.

Let's say you take your medical on the 5th, you can upload the form on the 6th even if the results won't be available until the 15th-20th.

We're 10 days away, a week before would be Wednesday. I'm also expecting a checklist or some kind of announcement otherwise the stream opening is going to be chaotic.
Thank you, this explains a lot! I've been calling around to see if I can get an earlier medical and will know later this week. If the results are usually available later anyways, maybe IRCC will be a bit lenient, especially with the healthcare sector under such strain.