+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

VisaGooba

Apr 26, 2021
Wait so the employment letter should be post dated May 6? I got one that is dated April... but on the letter it states I'll be employed for at least 1 year after attaining PR visa.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Wait so the employment letter should be post dated May 6? I got one that is dated April... but on the letter it states I'll be employed for at least 1 year after attaining PR visa.
Not necessarily, get a letter, show your recent pay stub on May 6th, and you should be fine.

Reactions: VisaGooba

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Not necessarily, get a letter, show your recent pay stub on May 6th, and you should be fine.
This, you can always attach a LOE saying you just started working and if you want to make sure, you can always send a few paystubs later ib via webform before they request it.

Also, one more advice. We still don't know what the final checklist is going to look like, but if you know you'd need a police certificate for EE I would apply for one for this too. Obtaining them can take months + they need to be translated, but if it turns out we need them to submit an application, IRCC usually accepts proof that you tried to apply for one but couldn't get one on time.

I'm just saying this because it would really suck if you had all of your documents ready to submit but then it turns out you need a police certificate upfront...that takes weeks to be issued, sent and translated.

In very rare cases, we may accept both a letter of explanation and proof that shows you made your best effort to get a police certificate on time.

You can upload this in the country-specific police certificate field of your document checklist. Examples of proof:

• a confirmation receipt
  • a payment receipt
  • a delivery notice
  • a tracking number
An officer will review your application. If they’re not satisfied that you made your best effort, your application may be rejected for being incomplete.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Last edited:

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
My wife's test is on May 7th, so I hope it doesn't fill out before 12-13th! :)

She has her new contract from April 20th and yet another one is supposed to arrive any day now, for her employment in the new academic year. We can also submit paystubs, but those are technically not the same contract. We'll see.

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
Does anyone know if I can use the translation of marriage certificate from 2 years ago?
Also, is birth certificate required for other programs?

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Does anyone know if I can use the translation of marriage certificate from 2 years ago?
I think old translation is fine as long as the marriage is the same, and you probably might need your birth certificate (for sure you'd need birth certificates for dependants but not sure for the principal applicant)

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Yes, it should be fine if you're still in the same marriage. For birth certificate, if you are including dependant children in the application, then you have to provide their birth certificates to prove the relationship.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
My wife's test is on May 7th, so I hope it doesn't fill out before 12-13th! :)

She has her new contract from April 20th and yet another one is supposed to arrive any day now, for her employment in the new academic year. We can also submit paystubs, but those are technically not the same contract. We'll see.
I doubt it would. Everyone is waiting to give their IELTS/CELPIP exams so they won't be filled quickly. When it opens, I believe most of the applicants are going to be those who are applied for CEC or will be applying soon so they already have their IELTS results in hand.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the quota gets full quickly.

Reactions: SatNight

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I doubt it would. Everyone is waiting to give their IELTS/CELPIP exams so they won't be filled quickly. When it opens, I believe most of the applicants are going to be those who are applied for CEC or will be applying soon so they already have their IELTS results in hand.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the quota gets full quickly.
Most sources say before the end of May, chatty lawyer said within a week but then he said maybe June or July because of the IELTS bottleneck issue.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Chatty lawyer :D

I also thin we need to make a difference between essential worker and graduate streams. There are more spots for graduates.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Chatty lawyer :D

I also thin we need to make a difference between essential worker and graduate streams. There are more spots for graduates.
Not saying his name because I don't want to be reported for spam, but anyone who's been following the thread knows who I'm talking about :')
By the way, if any of you is an European citizen consider translating your National ID (if you have one), I just noticed I have everything perfectly ready and translated except that...which is asked for in EE and paper-based PNP programs.