+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
How did you find this?
Currently that’s the portal for the other pilot programs and paper-based PNP, it's been up for quite a while I created an account last week in case that's where the new stream launches.

The one thing about this program that I hate is the lack of a projected processing time. I would hate to apply and be stuck in limbo over how long it is taking. I will qualify for CEC around August where I should have around 480+ but i can't risk it.
Exactly my thoughts, to me that's the real game-changer here. I could apply for this and apply for CEC later on, but IRCC won't like the fact that I have 3 ongoing PR applications and might only process one (plus it's expensive). CEC is the "safe" option, processing times are very consistent and most simple applications are processed between 6-8 months even during covid. This new stream could process as quick as CEC or as slow as PNP (last time I checked, 22 months and going up)

Last edited:
Reactions: rambag98

iceboat

Apr 22, 2021
What is the general consensus for employment documentation (for international grad stream)? I am starting my new job on May 3rd. Should I request a reference/employer letter on day 1 or wait until May 6th? I also won't likely have any pay stub ready on May 6th since I would be just starting.

techknull

Jan 15, 2021
What is the general consensus for employment documentation (for international grad stream)? I am starting my new job on May 3rd. Should I request a reference/employer letter on day 1 or wait until May 6th? I also won't likely have any pay stub ready on May 6th since I would be just starting.
Same question.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Do international grads need reference letters? I thought this is just to prove your NOC, which this stream doesn't need to do.

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
Based on immigration lawyer's advice, you will need to show T4 and reference letter as proof.
so when should we get the reference letter? If we get it before May 6 it doesn’t show that we are employed at the time of application. If we get after May 6, it takes time and we might not make it.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I thought the reference letter the lawyer talked about was for those in the essential worker stream, to show their NOC. T4 is useless because it shows that you worked last year; not that you are employed at the moment. That is important for those who need to prove hours, but not for international graduate stream.

Reactions: Riri15 and jugarsep

techknull

Jan 15, 2021
I thought the reference letter the lawyer talked about was for those in the essential worker stream, to show their NOC. T4 is useless because it shows that you worked last year; not that you are employed at the moment. That is important for those who need to prove hours, but not for international graduate stream.
Pretty sure you will need a reference letter even for international graduate stream.