Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Just finished my IELTS today.
Note: If someone wants to go cross province to get one done, follow the provincial rules aka "quarantine"
Someone came from Ontario, and was sent away since you need to quarantine for 14 days as per provincial guidelines.

Reactions: rambag98

Elias_Andvari

Star Member
May 19, 2018
guys, any thoughts re when the letter of employment should be dated? should it be May 6th?
what if it's dated earlier than that, let's say, April 30th? Does it show that you are employed "at the time the application for permanent residence is received" cause practically you are but on paper not precisely? any advice?

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Is 1+1 postgraduate certificate applicable for international graduates stream ? I have completed 1 year (2 semesters) and another 1 year (2 semesters) on different programs which is total of 16 months.

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
guys, any thoughts re when the letter of employment should be dated? should it be May 6th?
what if it's dated earlier than that, let's say, April 30th? Does it show that you are employed "at the time the application for permanent residence is received" cause practically you are but on paper not precisely? any advice?
I am not sure but just to be sure, i asked my company to prepare the employment report issue on May 6th.

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
For the new pathway for international students to apply for pr , if you only did a 8 months program at a DLI would you qualify?
if you job is a skilled trade mentioned in the annex, then you can apply through skilled trade stream for 8 months. If your job is not an essential job listed in the Annex, then you can apply for post secondary stream but you need total of 16 months study for that. So, you can't apply to post secondary stream with 8 months of study.

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Can you show me the statement where it says it needs to be full time job?
my bad, Actually i did read the policy again and could not see anything about full time. Did you complete your studies and graduate?
I believe you must have a valid work permit to be eligible for this program.

Last edited:

Elias_Andvari

Star Member
May 19, 2018
I am not sure but just to be sure, i asked my company to prepare the employment report issue on May 6th.
that's what i wanna do as well, do you think the company can send it in to you a little bit in advance, before may 6th, so that you don't have to get stressed about checking in with them on the actual application day?

John080490

Jan 23, 2019
my bad, Actually i did read the policy again and could not see anything about full time. Did you complete your studies and graduate?
I believe you must have a valid work permit to be eligible for this program.
Yes, I just got my pgwp.
It only says employed, so I would like to believe that it is applicable to full time and part time.
I hope IRCC will allow both since it’s difficult to find a full time during this pandemic.

Reactions: ALsw1989

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Yes, I just got my pgwp.
It only says employed, so I would like to believe that it is applicable to full time and part time.
I hope IRCC will allow both since it’s difficult to find a full time during this pandemic.
That part is not clear yet. I think you need to wait for further updates.