Mar 28, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
09-09-2017
Should I pay the fee before applying? And if I am unable to apply in this stream, will I be able to use this money for express entry?

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
This application is for persons who are in Canada on a valid temporary resident permit and wish to apply for permanent residence. Applicants must have lived continuously in Canada as permit holders for a minimum of three to five years (depending on the reason the applicant is inadmissible to Canada under the Act) before they are eligible to apply for permanent residence.

Nope
So a person who has been living here continuously for 3-5 years can apply for PR using this “stream”?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So a person who has been living here continuously for 3-5 years can apply for PR using this “stream”?
Again, no.

You need to be a TRP holder. This is not the same thing as being in Canada as a visitor or having a TRV.

A TRP is a special and difficult to get permit reserved for those who are inadmissible to Canada - typically due to a crime.

Reactions: Twee

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Should go without saying that it is not a given that the guide will be up today because CIC themselves have not said so.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Should go without saying that it is not a given that the guide will be up today because CIC themselves have not said so.
It's not very smart not to upload the guide beforehand, especially for such an inclusive program that's yet limited because of a very small cap in comparison to the number of eligible people.

The only they'd achieve with that, is desperate people lying on their applications for the sake of having a shot at PR. I don't know how easy to fool the application wizard will be, but there will be people trying to register and get in even if they're not actually eligible.

ali13939

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
The only they'd achieve with that, is desperate people lying on their applications for the sake of having a shot at PR. I don't know how easy to fool the application wizard will be, but there will be people trying to register and get in even if they're not actually eligible.
For sure, there always are people who think they are over smart and can roll the dice by fooling the system but at the end of the day they will be loosing money and will be costing someone else a spot

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
For sure, there always are people who think they are over smart and can roll the dice by fooling the system but at the end of the day they will be loosing money and will be costing someone else a spot
That's the problem, IRCC can reject applications but I don't know if a rejection = a spot opens (if that's the case, I see people selling "rejected candidate's" spots within 2-4 months using bots that detect that), if that's not the case an eligible applicant will take someone else's spots and upon rejection it'll be gone forever.

We also must consider the amount of people with ongoing CEC applications that will resort to this, if they get PR via CEC before getting it through this pathway, that potentially means faster processing times for those still in the process OR more open spots later this year.

Reactions: SatNight

mpham123

Mar 7, 2021
This situation is both a nightmare and blessing at the same time. The eligibilities are much more easier than other PR stream, but the max cap is so small. Not to mention for a bunch of people only have merely a month to get IELTS, medical, paperworks... At this point, I kinda lose hope for getting a slot when the portal open tomorrow. At least CEC points would be a bit lower...