+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New message from CIC

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, i just got the "validity of biometrics email", what does this mean? i haven't done medicals either
It just confirms that IRCC has received your biometrics and the validity of your biometrics.

Medicals are usually not requested for TRV applications

laimber

Apr 1, 2019
ludhiana
Category........
Hi, i apply for canada visitor visa 18march biomatric same day . No mail recieve. But current satus change. we are checking your eligibility.

supernova1

Apr 2, 2019
It just confirms that IRCC has received your biometrics and the validity of your biometrics.

Medicals are usually not requested for TRV applications
Also I applied two months ago and I’m just getting this email. I did my biometrics on the day of submission, 2 months ago.

Gooni

Nov 1, 2018
Dear members !
I want to share my experience and some questions with all of you. PLease read all :)

I applied for a trv to go visit my husband in canada that got rejected on strong ties / finances. I had 13000 cad in my account.
Next time we preopred a stronger application and my father sold a property and transfered 10k car more to my account which we explained in the letter.
We applied on 6th jan 2019. But my husband applied for his work permit as a primary applicant and for my trv as secondary applicant. We provided all the proof/ docs wherever required.
After 2 months my husband git his pgwp and i got a rejection a week after that stating " proof of relief not provided"
We noticed that we provided proof of relationship in my husband's app not mine do we wrote to abudhabi embassy an email explaining that my husband part of app has all docs. Luckily they replied within two weeks and my app was re-opened.
After that i got a medical request. I passed the medical on 31st March. And i got a biometrics validity letter today.

Should i expect a positive reply? Am i that lucky? :)
Please respond

Tez1

Mar 29, 2019
I have faced same situation .I got the same biomateric validating letter and after 2 hour I got another letter which was contained on my application decision which was thrown down refused .

Abbyy

Apr 5, 2019
I know someone who got visa approval after receiving this letter and even know someone who got refusal after receiving this biometric letter. So this letter doesn't confirm visa approval or rejection but gives an idea that you will get decision with next 1-2 days and only then you will be able to know the final visa decision.

BTW, I hope your one was positive result.

I received this letter on Thursday last week, stating validity for the next 10 years. however my Passport was mailed to me blank with no letter for further infomation

jyapurajan

Mar 18, 2019
I did applied for spousal open work permit for 3times,i received the same mail 2days ago and today i received mail that my application is refused,this was my 3rd time of submission, each time they are refusing me under the ground of refusal under section 205c(ii). anyone plz help

Shijasck11

Mar 12, 2019
Hi,

I applied on 5 OCT and also linked my application on same day. My review eligibility started on 13 OCT. Today November 5 I've got a new message and I don't know what it indicates? I know my biometric validity dates but why would they send me a mail just telling me about my biometric validity?
Curious! Can someone help me what this message indicates?

RE: validity of your biometric information

Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until 2028/08/16 (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada.

What you need to know for subsequent temporary resident (TR) application

Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
• You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated above.
• However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated fee for another ten-year validity.
• Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any permanent resident application, even if you apply within the validity date indicated above

• This letter is not a passport or travel document.

You will not be permitted to board your
flight without a valid passport or travel document, even if you have this letter with you.

• This letter does not allow you to enter or remain in Canada. Eligibility and admissibility to Canada will be based on current Canada Border Service Agency procedures upon entering Canada.
It just mean that the embassy opened your case and they will take a decision on your application within 2 days.

Reactions: abinj and karnan

amv11112222

Feb 25, 2019
Dear members !
I want to share my experience and some questions with all of you. PLease read all :)

I applied for a trv to go visit my husband in canada that got rejected on strong ties / finances. I had 13000 cad in my account.
Next time we preopred a stronger application and my father sold a property and transfered 10k car more to my account which we explained in the letter.
We applied on 6th jan 2019. But my husband applied for his work permit as a primary applicant and for my trv as secondary applicant. We provided all the proof/ docs wherever required.
After 2 months my husband git his pgwp and i got a rejection a week after that stating " proof of relief not provided"
We noticed that we provided proof of relationship in my husband's app not mine do we wrote to abudhabi embassy an email explaining that my husband part of app has all docs. Luckily they replied within two weeks and my app was re-opened.
After that i got a medical request. I passed the medical on 31st March. And i got a biometrics validity letter today.

Should i expect a positive reply? Am i that lucky? :)
Please respond
Hi!

Usually, after Biometrics validity letter, in the next working day or in the same day, you can receive a decision in your application. Since you have submitted again your application, you only need to wait patiently and hope the best. I applied the first time and got refusal since I did not attached enough documentation. Two days after the refusal letter, I reapplied and got approval in about 8 working days, one day after I received the Biometrics validity letter. But the visa for my daughter was refused. Today, i delivered the passport to the VAC and be transmitted to the IRCC office assigned and will keep waiting for my travel document with my visa. The only thing I can tell you is that you should be faithful and wait.

mrcana

Oct 28, 2017
Just to encourage people.

My mum applied on the 19th of March for TRV, did biometrics 21st march and got Biometrics validity letter today 7am. Then 1 hour later she got the approval email.

She is a pensioner. No money in her account. Just pension documents. I stood as the sole sponsor and added all my accounts and documents to support.

Anyway wish you all best of luck.

karnan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
It just mean that the embassy opened your case and they will take a decision on your application within 2 days.
Today I got currespondence letter(Biometric confirmation) but I have noticed a change in Review of eligibility side;

(Yesterday it was like this Review of eligibility -we are reviewing your eligibility .. )
( Today it has been changed to -
Review of eligibility : your application is in progress . We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility)
Still Medical or even biometric field is not yet updated ...
I am totally confused .. what doest it mean ? I applied on March 14 at bangalore University Category.offline
Plz reply ...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Today I got currespondence letter(Biometric confirmation) but I have noticed a change in Review of eligibility side;

(Yesterday it was like this Review of eligibility -we are reviewing your eligibility .. )
( Today it has been changed to -
Review of eligibility : your application is in progress . We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility)
Still Medical or even biometric field is not yet updated ...
I am totally confused .. what doest it mean ? I applied on March 14 at bangalore University Category.offline
Plz reply ...
Take the updates as they come :)

If you applied by paper, in Bangalore, then you probably won't get another update until next week

Reactions: karnan