+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

cdnmike75

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
But I thought they are always interviewing applicants? Did they stop for awhile?
Based on the conversations posted over there, it does seem like they were not doing as many interviews and now more are occurring. For a few weeks very little activity posted, then PPR's started coming and now the last few days many interview requests. Even one posting of someone received a PPR and when calling CIC for some clarification they were informed that the letter was sent to them in error and they are not approved, that would be very frustrating.

GLou

Aug 13, 2019
I just got my tracking sheet from the clinic after 2 weeks since I completed my medical exam and annoyed them by calling them everyday until they send it to me. But in the file it doesn't say if the medical was already forwarded to the embassy, what is this tracking sheet for?

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
I just got my tracking sheet from the clinic after 2 weeks since I completed my medical exam and annoyed them by calling them everyday until they send it to me. But in the file it doesn't say if the medical was already forwarded to the embassy, what is this tracking sheet for?
A tracking sheet confirms that you did the medical exam and passed if everything says status "completed" under examinations required for this visa application. This is what they will send to IRCC electronically also.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Stephan,
still nothing new to your application? Hmm same as mine :( nothing after last update .
I have just noticed a mistake in our application;( I had to fix it and I have sent a correction to Manila. It was about when was the first time you made contact, I put the wrong year, just got the years mixed up. So, I did an affidavit about the corrections and I will courier it out tomorrow to Manila, lets hope they understand it was just a mistake.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Shipping personal effects. We would like to ship some stuff to Canada before we leave PH, only maybe 6 boxes, does anybody know of the cheapest method to do that. Don't need it done quickly so not air freight, basically reverse Balikbayan, any ideas.

Thanks

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I have just noticed a mistake in our application;( I had to fix it and I have sent a correction to Manila. It was about when was the first time you made contact, I put the wrong year, just got the years mixed up. So, I did an affidavit about the corrections and I will courier it out tomorrow to Manila, lets hope they understand it was just a mistake.
Hopefully they will, strange that there hasn't been movement on your app for a while. Would think if they saw that discrepancy they would ask you for clarification or more info.

In our case I am half expecting to have the app returned to us. We didn't miss any of the big/normal things they send it back for like missing signatures or documents, just a number of small things. Not having bar code pages where they should be, using staples on everything and a couple more things I saw here after submitting the app. Might depend on whether the agent is a good mood that day or not. Hoping they will be.

We are both in the PH, is that your case also or are you in Canada?

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hopefully they will, strange that there hasn't been movement on your app for a while. Would think if they saw that discrepancy they would ask you for clarification or more info.

In our case I am half expecting to have the app returned to us. We didn't miss any of the big/normal things they send it back for like missing signatures or documents, just a number of small things. Not having bar code pages where they should be, using staples on everything and a couple more things I saw here after submitting the app. Might depend on whether the agent is a good mood that day or not. Hoping they will be.

We are both in the PH, is that your case also or are you in Canada?
Both in the PH's and our child. I've noticed not too much movement from Manila these days. As for the mistake, It was made by me the sponsor (Canadian), I've heard when the application is transferred to VO it's all about the PA. So, maybe my mistake was not noticed in Mississauga.

HAPPYTWOFEET

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Oh. Hope they will understand. . By the way my application will turn 6months on wednesday. I hope I hear something from them this week. My husband is planning to request a GCMS notes on his 5th month of SA dm. And i Hope on the notes he is going to request we will get an answers on why and how the applications are going through.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Oh. Hope they will understand. . By the way my application will turn 6months on wednesday. I hope I hear something from them this week. My husband is planning to request a GCMS notes on his 5th month of SA dm. And i Hope on the notes he is going to request we will get an answers on why and how the applications are going through.
My partner has been sending emails back and forth to Manila and the last response she got was "Please be advised that your file is currently queued for eligibility review of the officer." So, I'm not sure what was that ghost update on August 27th what was all about.

What you could do HT, send them an email that we are not able to contact CIC Canada anymore because they have stopped using Live Agents and I would like to have an update on my application but now I can't do this anymore, the only way would be contacting your office... Is it possible to know what is the current status on our application... REMEMBER: only your representative should do this if you have one, I think your spouse is the Rep? Good luck.

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Hi anyone here had a problem with dependent child with G6PD on their medical? We’re worried if this might be ground for inadmissibility. TIA

HAPPYTWOFEET

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
My partner has been sending emails back and forth to Manila and the last response she got was "Please be advised that your file is currently queued for eligibility review of the officer." So, I'm not sure what was that ghost update on August 27th what was all about.

What you could do HT, send them an email that we are not able to contact CIC Canada anymore because they have stopped using Live Agents and I would like to have an update on my application but now I can't do this anymore, the only way would be contacting your office... Is it possible to know what is the current status on our application... REMEMBER: only your representative should do this if you have one, I think your spouse is the Rep? Good luck.
What about trying to request GCMs notes they said you will know your Application status trough that . My husband will try to request one anytime soon. .

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
What about trying to request GCMs notes they said you will know your Application status trough that . My husband will try to request one anytime soon. .
Yes, but it does not hurt trying to contact Manila and get a status on your application, maybe it will make things going forward again for you. I did not order notes and I don't think I will, if there is an issue you will always get a procedural letter and they tell you in the letter what you should do to convince them, but when an application reaches six months and no news, it could be time to order the notes.

HAPPYTWOFEET

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Yes, but it does not hurt trying to contact Manila and get a status on your application, maybe it will make things going forward again for you. I did not order notes and I don't think I will, if there is an issue you will always get a procedural letter and they tell you in the letter what you should do to convince them, but when an application reaches six months and no news, it could be time to order the notes.
we will order notes because our application is already reach 6 mos tomorrow. :)

Scott042719

Aug 21, 2019
Does anyone know how long it takes for the application to get transferred from Nova Scotia VO to the Manila VO, our application got sent on Friday from Nova Scotia to Manila but no updates yet.
Thank You